Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Incident at Lost Lane on Saturday

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,090 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

I am aware that there have been racist attacks, they are extremely rare, prime time discussed this a few months back there have been 5 reported racist attacks since 2012.

There are still plenty of areas that would deemed unsafe for black people to live.

Ha, ha, ha!

Jasus wept! Some people just hold their hand out to be smacked :):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Mr Karadzic

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    Ha, ha, ha!

Jasus wept! Some people just hold their hand out to be smacked :):):)

Dont be getting excited, you were saying racist attacks are happening in "tough working class areas" I told you they arent,black people are few and far between In these areas. Some parts would be considered dangerous for black people and other immigrants, hence them not living there hence them not being racially attacked.

Dont be getting excited, you were saying racist attacks are happening in "tough working class areas" I told you they arent,black people are few and far between In these areas. Some parts would be considered dangerous for black people and other immigrants, hence them not living there hence them not being racially attacked.

Ah go away. You can't keep your story straight. One sentence contradicts another. Then you have the nerve to say I don't tell the truth about my own family? How you would think I'd make up family stories to impress someone I never met, will never meet is beyond me. I'm done for tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 4,362 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

Its not at all. I've never known of a black family to live in my estate. What's so hard to understand?

Take a drive through jobstown, killinarden or Fettercairn. More black than white out and about and they're some of the roughest parts of tallaght.

Where do you live? Plenty of black folk around drimnagh and Crumlin as well.

People will live where they can afford to live and to think people from 3rd world countries would avoid areas of Dublin is laughable.

Some of them have escaped areas where gangs of machete wielding lunatics could rock up at any point and hack them and their family to pieces. I think they can handle Anto the local yokle shouting some incoherent dublinese at them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,988 ✭✭✭circadian

I thought there was a problem with immigration, crime and ghettos?

Just and FYI, I grew up in the Bogside during the troubles and the first racist comment I got came from a squaddie. Not a local. A bloody squaddie. However, as time went on and I ventured into other rough areas it became more common.

Every single corpo estate in Dublin and most council estates further afield will have black family who has suffered discrimination in some form or another. Regardless of whether it's violence or something more subtle, it's happened.

I don't understand where you're coming from? Either there's an immigration problem, therefore immigrants are coming in or there's not therefore the immigrants coming in aren't as big a deal as some are making out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I tried to read back through this thread to catch up with what I've missed but had to skip forward after post after post of people tripping over themselves so as not to offend others with terminology, and others falling over themselves to get offended anyway, presumably for virtue points in most cases unless they are personally referenced by the term :rolleyes:

Context and intent is everything folks. Given the constantly shifting goal posts that define what is "acceptable" or not to the obsessive Twitter brigade this week, normal people can be forgiven for not being on the pulse of the "approved" phraseology at any given moment.

Anyway, on the question of how we tackle the migration issues, that's simple...

- if you have skills the country needs, and the ability to support yourself and integrate positively into your new host country... Welcome
    - come here expecting handouts, that the natives will bend to accommodate your beliefs or culture.. Nope, back where you come from
    - commit serious crimes or generally be a negative influence on your host community... Prosecuted as anyone else would be, and back where you came from
    - we should also end this practice of funneling hundreds of millions of euro in foreign aid each year. Charity begins at home, and we can't even deal with the serious problems we have here as it is.

Does that make me "racist" or uncaring.. Nope! Do I care if some here take offence anyway.. Even less so!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,760 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Migrants have been very positive overall for the country in my experience. And they really like Ireland from my interactions. I love that and that's great. However,

All I know is I don't want us to end up in the same situation as Sweden.

The question is are we doing anything to stop that outcome? What are we doing differently? Have we learned anything from their pretty catastrophic mistakes from which there is no return. They can't go back and undo it. The social and economic damage in cities like Malmo is done, can't be reversed.

I worry that we have not learned from others.

I do think immigrants or non Irish who commit any sort of crime against communities in this country should be deported right away. I don't see why we would keep them here. I think that is a perfectly sensible, moral and valid position for people to hold.

I mean there has to be some point where you say "we have welcomed you into our country and you have abused that welcome".

Take a drive through jobstown, killinarden or Fettercairn. More black than white out and about and they're some of the roughest parts of tallaght.

Where do you live? Plenty of black folk around drimnagh and Crumlin as well.

People will live where they can afford to live and to think people from 3rd world countries would avoid areas of Dublin is laughable.

Some of them have escaped areas where gangs of machete wielding lunatics could rock up at any point and hack them and their family to pieces. I think they can handle Anto the local yokle shouting some incoherent dublinese at them.

I know all about those shìtholes in tallaght. More black than white, yes I've seen them. How the that **** ends happening I dont know. That's a problem. It doesent encourage integration.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,055 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I know all about those shìtholes in tallaght. More black than white, yes I've seen them. How the that **** ends happening I dont know. That's a problem. It doesent encourage integration.

Lads do you mind not slagging off places in Dublin to suit your sh1te

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

Leave your mas bedroom and try integrate.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Tasfasdf

Leave your mas bedroom and try integrate.

That makes no sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,055 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Tasfasdf wrote: »
    That makes no sense.

It makes perfect sense

It makes perfect sense

What is a mas bedroom? and natives have to integrate lol

Tasfasdf wrote:
    That makes no sense.

I know exactly what is being said said here. Make perfect sense to me

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

Tasfasdf wrote: »
    What is a mas bedroom? and natives have to integrate lol

Bless.

Explains a lot about the posting history

Bless.

Explains a lot about the posting history

The username doesn't suit you.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

FFS - cut it out.

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭pinkyeye

Black people are few and far between in these areas? Is it crack you're smoking Yeah???

pinkyeye wrote: »
    Black people are few and far between in these areas? Is it crack you're smoking Yeah???

Theres very few black people living in the likes of Coolock, Kilbarrack Cabra Finglas. Sorry if thats an uncomfortable fact for you. These areas are not diverse at all.

Ffs man. What country do you live in. You have just named areas surrounding my own area. These are packed with black people & lots of other nationalities. I pass by dozens & dozens of black kids from these areas walking to & from school every day. Black people in the local shops everyday. Are you suggesting that they get the bus from Raheny to shop in Finglas?

You haven't a clue mate. Your posts are not factual. So much so I honestly believe that you are living in a different country.

Edit: Ireland is a country to the West of England or to the left of England if you are looking at a map. Black is the colour of the font (typed words) & white is background colour behind the words. I can't be anymore helpful than that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Tony Tucker

Ahmed Majeed charged in connection with the "mini riot" that took place on Grafton street.

https://www.thejournal.ie/lost-lane-hatched-riot-4731833-Jul2019/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

Good irish name right there.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Tony Tucker

Bobblehats wrote: »

The lengths people go to defend is unreal. Tooled up foreign scumbags roaming the street should be put back on the pallet they came in and shipped out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

The lengths people go to defend is unreal.

What’s in a name though. Well integrated, etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭MrFresh

What’s in a name though. Well integrated, etc

Well integrated for some areas alright.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,421 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

It's amazing how the media won't cover this and the Gardai won't arrest anyone.

Even when someone is arrested and it's well reported.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

Ahmed Majeed, with an address at Warrenstown Close, Blanchardstown, Dublin, was arrested yesterday at his home. He was taken to Pearse Street Garda station where he was charged with two offences in connection with the disturbance.

For all the posters who keep labeling Balbriggan please note that this man is part of the Blanchardstowm gang. Just because someone is a particular skin colour doesn't mean that they come from a particular part of Dublin.

The lengths people go to defend is unreal. Tooled up foreign scumbags roaming the street should be put back on the pallet they came in and shipped out.

How do you know that he's not Irish?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 210 ✭✭Ted Johnson

Sure, isn't he as Irish as Paddy Seamus O'Flaherty :)

• Advertisement

Sure, isn't he as Irish as Paddy Seamus O'Flaherty

Or as American as JFK. :)

Advertisement