Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Incident at Lost Lane on Saturday

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 210 ✭✭Ted Johnson

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    Or as American as JFK. :)

Yeah somehow I don't think Ahmed 'machete' Majeed sees himself as Irish.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,124 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Yeah somehow I don't think Ahmed 'machete' Majeed sees himself as Irish.

Based on what, exactly?

Odhinn wrote: »
    Based on what, exactly?

Oh just a hunch...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,124 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Oh just a hunch...

So just a stereotype created by yourself that says far more about you than the lad mentioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭SSr0

So just a stereotype created by yourself that says far more about you than the lad mentioned.

Hahahaha. I love reading your posts sometimes, it's like you don't even try to hide the fact that you're on a wind up mission anymore.

• Advertisement

Yeah lad I'm way worse than scummer you're sticking up for. Way worse...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭enricoh

Yeah ted, far far more than a machete wielding scumbag (or lad as odhinn puts it)!! Epic stuff odhin, keep her lit!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,090 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

enricoh wrote:
    Yeah ted, far far more than a machete wielding scumbag (or lad as odhinn puts it)!! Epic stuff odhin, keep her lit!

You are kissing butt to a member with the most unlikely Irish related username (sounds more britt to me) as he/she decides that the defendant isn't Irish based on their name.

Oh the irony of it all

You are kissing butt to a member with the most unlikely Irish related username (sounds more britt to me) as he/she decides that the defendant isn't Irish based on their name.

Oh the irony of it all

You'll be happy to know my real name is about as Irish as you can get.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭enricoh

Oh the irony of it all

Kissing butt, britt - hmm,yeah, sure thing paddy!

• Advertisement

You'll be happy to know my real name is about as Irish as you can get.

You didn't get to pick your real name. No more than the defended picked his name. The name that you decided that represents you best is anything but an Irish name.

Based on the name that YOU selected for yourself "I don't think you see yourself as Irish"

You didn't get to pick your real name. No more than the defended picked his name. The name that you decided that represents you best is anything but an Irish name.

Based on the name that YOU selected for yourself "I don't think you see yourself as Irish"

Why are you so desperate to defend a scumbag? Very odd behaviour.

Bizarre comments from you in general. Did Ahmed O'Majeed attack you with a hammer and now you have a brain injury?

Why are you so desperate to defend a scumbag? Very odd behaviour.

I'm not defending him at all. If he is convicted he needs to be jailed. If he isn't Irish (I believe that he probably is) then they should look at expelling him from the country after he serves his sentence.

I just don't like people judging others by their surname or skin colour. It's prejudiced to say the least & out & out racist at its worst.

It's a strange world you live in when you see me pointing out prejudices /racism & take from that, that I'm sticking up for an alleged criminal. I'm not sticking up for a guy carrying weapons. I'm standing up to uneducated prejudiced posters.

Let me make myself clear (again) on this thread. Black, white, pink or purple, anyone carrying a weapon should be punished.

I'm not defending him at all. If he is convicted he needs to be jailed. If he isn't Irish (I believe that he probably is) then they should look at expelling him from the country after he serves his sentence.

I just don't like people judging others by their surname or skin colour. It's prejudiced to say the least & out & out racist at its worst.

It's a strange world you live in when you see me pointing out prejudices /racism & take from that, that I'm sticking up for an alleged criminal. I'm not sticking up for a guy carrying weapons. I'm standing up to uneducated prejudiced posters.

Let me make myself clear (again) on this thread. Black, white, pink or purple, anyone carrying a weapon should be punished.

I just think it odd that you seem more concerned about some random guy on the internet instead of the scumbag whose goes around with a hammer and a hatchet.

We have different priorities I guess.

I just think it odd that you seem more concerned about some random guy on the internet instead of the scumbag whose goes around with a hammer and a hatchet.

You miss my point my friend. I'm very concerned about Internet racists & bigots. The law will deal with the individual carrying a weapon be he white or black. Colour or race won't come into it. Fair trial & punishment if convicted. I have faith in that. The bigger threat to my country is the racist Irish person. The anonymous bigoted keyboard warrior can damage my country far more than someone carrying a weapon. The police don't ever deal with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭lola85

You miss my point my friend. I'm very concerned about Internet racists & bigots. The law will deal with the individual carrying a weapon be he white or black. Colour or race won't come into it. Fair trial & punishment if convicted. I have faith in that. The bigger threat to my country is the racist Irish person. The anonymous bigoted keyboard warrior can damage my country far more than someone carrying a weapon. The police don't ever deal with them.
    How?

lola85 wrote:
    How?

Are you doing the red Indian greeting for hello?

How what exactly?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

You miss my point my friend. I'm very concerned about Internet racists & bigots. The law will deal with the individual carrying a weapon be he white or black. Colour or race won't come into it. Fair trial & punishment if convicted. I have faith in that. The bigger threat to my country is the racist Irish person.

This incident revolved around a distinctly black pop-cultural event. Leading on from an even bigger one, at which they were denied access and whilst the white majority of the fan base in attendance were obedient you can not deny the emergence of crews and I can tell you right now in all my years there was no such gang culture.

This is why the old guard know better; and so won’t let that slip but in the meantime if you’re so concerned about racism rearing it’s ugly head in our small country as I am then i’d suggest you focus on the root of the problem. The stimulus, the oxygen with gives it air to breath because you cannot have one without the other so I’d recommend you check yourself and make sure you are not choosing racism. As it is it can only be set to increase but we can keep it to a minimum if we work in tandem and start acting now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭klaaaz

Bobblehats wrote: »
    This incident revolved around a distinctly black pop-cultural event. Leading on from an even bigger one, at which they were denied access and whilst the white majority of the fan base in attendance were obedient you can not deny the emergence of crews and I can tell you right now in all my years there was no such gang culture.

Rap is not a "distinctly black pop-cultural event", there are white rappers too like Eminem with a largely white audience. How do you know that all the whites were obedient?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Atoms for Peace

A shoot to kill policy with regard to those who wear soft shell tracksuit trousers outside would put a serious dent in the scumbag problem. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

klaaaz wrote: »
    Rap is not a "distinctly black pop-cultural event",

Ha! You tripped up there klaaaz. As clear a case of "white-washing" as I've ever seen on boards. I ought to offer you up for sacrifice on twitter before sending you to Berkley for a semester of re-education.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭tupenny

Oh just a hunch...

Just by the name he goes by I'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 21,055 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

This is why the old guard know better; and so won’t let that slip but in the meantime if you’re so concerned about racism rearing it’s ugly head in our small country as I am then i’d suggest you focus on the root of the problem. The stimulus, the oxygen with gives it air to breath because you cannot have one without the other so I’d recommend you check yourself and make sure you are not choosing racism. As it is it can only be set to increase but we can keep it to a minimum if we work in tandem and start acting now.

it was an incident that was dealt with, i know for some it's obviously a race thing but it isn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

Rap is not a "distinctly black pop-cultural event", there are white rappers too like Eminem with a largely white audience. How do you know that all the whites were obedient?

Whilst I do know that due to popular demand the Marlay Park weekender has evolved into a specifically tailored event I can only speculate that the majority of those in attendance celebrating their junior cert or whatever weren’t packing hatchets or petrol bombs. No matter how absorbed our kids are in another ethnic identity there’s just nothing that warrants it.

You haven't read this thread at all have you? You have had people try convince us the this gang are form Balbriggan. I mentioned Blanchardstown here almost two week ago but that didn't suit some peoples agenda. They wanted to pigeon hole them all into one group

When you say
    black pop-cultural event
    , what exactly do you mean? There were black entertainers & a small amount of black people at the two gigs but the vast majority were White attending these gigs. Stevie Wonder was here wasn't that a
    black pop-cultural event
    too?

As it is it can only be set to increase but we can keep it to a minimum if we work in tandem and start acting now
    There are gangs a White kids roaming our streets with weapons too. We don't treat these gangs as A white cultural thing or crime. We treat it as crime. It's no different where they are black people carrying the weapons. It's called crime. Not Black crime. Plain old crime

No more than R&B, Blues, Reggae & even early Elvis & Jerry Lee Lewis were "distinctly black pop-cultural event".

There are lots of not just white rappers but lots of white Irish rappers. Rubber Bandits are big. There are plenty of white rap artists in areas like Ballymun. Not music I can take to. I don't even see it as music but it's anything but "distinctly black pop-cultural event". Comments like this show how narrow minded some posters actually are

BTW. I am agreeing with you Klaaaz. I know the "distinctly black pop-cultural event" wasn't your comment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

it was an incident that was dealt with, i know for some it's obviously a race thing but it isn't.

Dealt with? There has been one arrest!!

Advertisement