Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Incident at Lost Lane on Saturday

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Homesick Alien

Boxing.Fan wrote: »
    Yeah, no one at all called for them to be banned.

Yeah and no one on here is explicitly calling for black young lads to be banned from affluent city centre areas either but that's what they'd like

• Registered Users Posts: 17,090 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

You answered your own question.
    Tasfasdf wrote: »
    Your going to make them mad and call you a racist:pac:

It was a racist comment though to be fair. To assume that someone is not Irish, based totally on the colour of their skin , is racist. That is a fact. I'd wager the vast majority, if not all, of the 20 teenagers are actually Irish nationals, born in Ireland & Irish passport holders. I don't know what it's like in the sticks but here in Dublin we have had African people moving here over 30 years ago. Some have not only children born in Ireland but grandchildren born in Ireland making them 2nd generation Irish

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 210 ✭✭Ted Johnson

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    It was a racist comment though to be fair. To assume that someone is not Irish, based totally on the colour of their skin , is racist. That is a fact. I'd wager the vast majority, if not all, of the 20 teenagers are actually Irish nationals, born in Ireland & Irish passport holders. I don't know what it's like in the sticks but here in Dublin we have had African people moving here over 30 years ago. Some have not only children born in Ireland but grandchildren born in Ireland making them 2nd generation Irish

Zero fcks given pal.

Zero fcks given pal.

And you are entitled to feel that way but they were still racist comments

At the start of these threads posters say "wait till you see we'll be called racists cos we bring this subject up." This is wrong. Some posters are called racists because they post racist comments. Why we can't have a conversation about a dangerous gang carrying weapons without the racist comments is beyond me. I'll be totally honest here, it wouldn't make me feel any better knowing that I got stabbed by a White Irish red head rather than a non white.

The issue here is the weapons & the crime committed yet some feel it's more important to talk about the colour of their skin. The racist BS distracts from the real story here.

A reporter from Dublin live sent me a PM of Facebook a few minutes ago asking who posted the video i saw. He's trying to get in touch with him now so keep an eye on Dublin live. They will post the video if he gives them a copy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭klaaaz

Its not the performers that are the issue. The issue is that a lot of these lads would have local support from lads who also grew up in social housing who have decided to be less than upstanding individuals and rival gangs may make the artist guilty by association or by geopgraphy or purely be targetting the people supporting the performer at these events.

So according to you it's only lower class youths that engage in trouble then, you really have it in for the plebs while ignoring the trouble caused by the middle and upper class yobbo's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Tasfasdf

klaaaz wrote: »
    So according to you it's only lower class youths that engage in trouble then, you really have it in for the plebs while ignoring the trouble caused by the middle and upper class yobbo's.

Do tell us about the middle and upper class gangs going around with petrol bombs and what not attacking people.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,161 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

At the start of these threads posters say "wait till you see we'll be called racists cos we bring this subject up." This is wrong. Some posters are called racists because they post racist comments. Why we can't have a conversation about a dangerous gang carrying weapons without the racist comments is beyond me. I'll be totally honest here, it wouldn't make me feel any better knowing that I got stabbed by a White Irish red head rather than a non white.

The issue here is the weapons & the crime committed yet some feel it's more important to talk about the colour of their skin. The racist BS distracts from the real story here.
    Look at the city of London. Which colour skin is most represented, indeed overwhelmingly, in knife crime and acid attacks? As victims too BTW. It isn't the ginger freckled people.

If a particular demographic is being overrepresented in crime and antisocial behaviour it seems to be to be beyond idiotic to ignore that, for all sorts of reasons. To explain and try to fix a problem, one must first acknowledge there is a problem.

And before the racist tag gets eagerly trotted out, the Irish Travelling community are significantly overrepresented in crime and antisocial behaviour compared to background levels and last time I checked they were pale of skin, ruddy of cheek, with a few redheads thrown in.

As for being of African extraction and being or not being Irish. Has it occurred to the usual voices that maybe part of this problem and one pretty much inherent within multiculturalism is that they themselves don't feel "Irish"? Again for all sorts of reasons, both external and internal.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Still waters

If they are all black does it indicate a group mindset of them(whitey) against us(blackey). Why do they carry on like this, there's been a couple of threads recently where it indicates that its predominantly black male teenagers who are causing trouble, are they just like sheep blindly following a couple of dominant males simply because they're coloured.

If this is the case are the authorities/media afraid to report in case they're seen as racist, if that's the case i despair for us

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭bloodless_coup

It's impossible for a black person to be part of the Irish ethnic group. To suggest so is cultural appropriation and makes you a racist bigot fascist.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

Wibbs wrote: »
    Look at the city of London. Which colour skin is most represented, indeed overwhelmingly, in knife crime and acid attacks? As victims too BTW. It isn't the ginger freckled people.

If a particular demographic is being overrepresented in crime and antisocial behaviour it seems to be to be beyond idiotic to ignore that, for all sorts of reasons. To explain and try to fix a problem, one must first acknowledge there is a problem.

And before the racist tag gets eagerly trotted out, the Irish Travelling community are significantly overrepresented in crime and antisocial behaviour compared to background levels and last time I checked they were pale of skin, ruddy of cheek, with a few redheads thrown in.

As for being of African extraction and being or not being Irish. Has it occurred to the usual voices that maybe part of this problem and one pretty much inherent within multiculturalism is that they themselves don't feel "Irish"? Again for all sorts of reasons, both external and internal.

Quiet you there with your logic and facts!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭The_Brood

Have the masses claiming Dublin city is safe and people are exagerrating descended upon this thread yet?

Dublin has big city problems while at the same time having almost no police presence and no practically functioning public transportation. It's a crisis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    It appears the so called "new Irish" are causing trouble again but nobody is prepared to call it out but those are quiet happy to pose for a photo when the time presents itself. Dublin is becoming more like London everyday.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/up-to-20-men-involved-in-suspected-planned-attack-after-dublin-music-festival-1.3949658?fbclid=IwAR2jtDVGleM8g_SiUnUK6O5R6VeVxwx8A85Eqsbt6lvwN5Q5ZJxxIvq5hP4

https://www.dublinlive.ie/news/dublin-news/dublin-gig-headlined-naira-marley-16545811

A thinly disguised race thread. We need more! ...because seemingly nobody talks about it... :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 210 ✭✭Ted Johnson

And you are entitled to feel that way but they were still racist comments

Will our new Irish emulate the bruddas over in London with their acid attacks and post code wars?

Wibbs wrote:

They are English and not Irish.

Jasus go to any sun destination and you will see English fighting & causing trouble. Both black and white English. Same goes for football matches. You'll rarely see Irish fighting.

doylefe wrote:
    It's impossible for a black person to be part of the Irish ethnic group. To suggest so is cultural appropriation and makes you a racist bigot fascist.

Some of my family are black with Irish mothers. One can trace his Irish roots to the 1700s.

Both of my parents are white and can trace family in Ireland 100s of years. A DNA test says that I'm 7 percent Viking. Exactly what percentage of Irish do I have to be to stay out of your concentration camps?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭Il Fascista

Some of my family are black with Irish mothers. One can trace his Irish roots to the 1700s.

Both of my parents are white and can trace family in Ireland 100s of years. A DNA test says that I'm 7 percent Viking. Exactly what percentage of Irish do I have to be to stay out of your concentration camps?

Are you people capable of arguing without liking anything and everything to the Nazis? It's boring and only serves to paint your political rivals as monsters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

Jasus go to any sun destination and you will see English fighting & causing trouble. Both black and white English. Same goes for football matches. You'll rarely see Irish fighting.

No it wouldn't be like the Irish to be fighting at all at all in a sun destination wouldn't do a thing like that would they.

https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/gang-irish-travellers-forcing-bars-13813572

Crime figures are through the roof in London in the last couple of years recently overtook New York's crime rate and London was one of the safest cities in Europe. Nearly all the gangs in London are of African, Carribean and Asian descent. Acid attacks were completely unheard of here in the West until a few years ago they are third world influence that's been imported here.

In fact some people in London have returned to Somalia as it's safer now that's bad Imagine a place being more dangerous than Somalia which is one of the poorest and most dangerous countries in the world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Some absolute scum knocking about these days. The Garda command no respect and are a laughing stock in their current state.

Would like to see them equipped properly and most of all be required to go to the gym frequently as part of their job.

Are you people capable of arguing without liking anything and everything to the Nazis? It's boring and only serves to paint your political rivals as monsters.

Us people? Really???

• Advertisement

Stephen15 wrote:
    No it wouldn't be like the Irish to be fighting at all at all in a sun destination wouldn't do a thing like that would they.

I didn't say never. Unfortunately we glorify our football fans too much. I remember seeing Irish fans vandalise a car in France. They then caused even more damage bending the windows out of shape putting coins in the car. The Irish media cheered on the Irish fans that refused French police instructions in the tunnel under the road. Ah sure aren't they the best fans in the world?

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭lordlame

The_Brood wrote: »
    Have the masses claiming Dublin city is safe and people are exagerrating descended upon this thread yet?

Dublin has big city problems while at the same time having almost no police presence and no practically functioning public transportation. It's a crisis.

Garda are too busy hiding behind bushes catching people going a few km/s over the limit.

Oh and before you defend it - why don’ the gardat use the go safe vans to free up the above resources?

Yeah, I thought so.

And no, I’ve never been done for speeding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

The_Brood wrote: »

I can't be the only one who has never felt remotely unsafe in Dublin. A lot of people on here seem to be afraid of their own shadows.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭seanino

Yes for their crimes against humanity

Fieldog wrote: »
    Had to drive around 6 people bating the head off each other late on Friday night/Saturday morning after Westlife, should we ban Westlife gigs also?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

I can't be the only one who has never felt remotely unsafe in Dublin. A lot of people on here seem to be afraid of their own shadows.

With the exception of certain small pockets in dublin its an incredibly safe city, no idea what people be at. I think its easy to feel very intimidated by the amount of drug addicts around if youre jot used to it but overall pne of the safest cities to be in

Before the three-day Longitude festival began last Friday, the US Department of State Bureau of Consular Affairs tweeted a security alert about the event aimed at US citizens in Ireland.

“Reports indicate a potential for violence at the Longitude Festival taking place from July 5-7 in Marlay Park,” it said.

“Police have increased event security and are monitoring the situation. Be aware of your surroundings and exercise caution if in the area.”

The US government must be looking into people's Facebook & Instagram posts. Younger people hoping to get US visas might want to be careful what negative posts about the US or US politicians on social media. They might find themselves blacklisted (no pun intended)

With the exception of certain small pockets in dublin its an incredibly safe city, no idea what people be at. I think its easy to feel very intimidated by the amount of drug addicts around if youre jot used to it but overall pne of the safest cities to be in

I do agree with the above except to say that there are gangs hoping on & off the DART on Dublins northside causing trouble in areas you wouldn't expect it. Raheny, Clontarf, killester, Bayside, kilbarrack, Malahide & portmarnok have all been hit in the last 6 to 12 months

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,161 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

So ignore my other points? Perhaps you don't have a cogent counter argument?

But forget the British, look to France, Italy, Germany. Take your pick. Are ethnic minorities more or less likely to be above background levels in crime and antisocial behaviour? This is a pretty consistent trend and has been for the many decades this multicultural social experiment has been running.

And it has many reasons behind it and yes racism by the locals is a goodly chunk of it. Economic factors are another reason, different cultures etc. Yup racism is bad. No arguments there. However I prefer to look at the realities of how things pan out, because I hate to break it to you but racism and tribalism is part and parcel of the human condition and isn't going anywhere soon. So I'd have preferred that this country didn't follow the rest of Europe down this moronic rabbit hole, but sadly we have. That horse has bolted. It's not as bad as bits of Britain, France, Holland, Sweden etc, but we have to make damn sure it doesn't go that way. Not easy though as the happy clappy crawthumpers for "progressiveness" will keep spouting the same retarded rhetoric while jamming their heads into the sand.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Wibbs wrote:
    So ignore my other points? Perhaps you don't have a cogent counter argument?

Here's my argument. It doesn't matter if this gang is black, white, pink or blue. Claiming that they are non Irish or immigrants based on the colour of their skin is ridiculous. No one knows what nationally they are but judging by their age I would be willing to bet that most if not all are Irish. The issue here is that a gang well tooled up tried to force their way into a club in the city. Does the colour of their skin really change the crime or make it worse?

I seem to be the only poster here that has actually seen the video. I described it as best I could earlier on in the thread. It's not a dramatic video. Absolutely no violence on their part in the video. The only violence was actually against them. One guy tried to trip up several as they tried to leave. The same guy followed the last guy & him and several others helped him on his way with a few kicks & punches off camera.

Some media reported that they attacked punters in the venue. The truth is that they didn't get in. One doorman was injured. It was very uneventful. The real story is the weapons that the gang seem to have had. They seem to have dumped the weapons before Gardai arrived so unfortunately no one will be charged for weapon offences.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Tasfasdf

Here's my argument. It doesn't matter if this gang is black, white, pink or blue. Claiming that they are non Irish or immigrants based on the colour of their skin is ridiculous. No one knows what nationally they are but judging by their age I would be willing to bet that most if not all are Irish. The issue here is that a gang well tooled up tried to force their way into a club in the city. Does the colour of their skin really change the crime or make it worse?

I seem to be the only poster here that has actually seen the video. I described it as best I could earlier on in the thread. It's not a dramatic video. Absolutely no violence on their part in the video. The only violence was actually against them. One guy tried to trip up several as they tried to leave. The same guy followed the last guy & him and several others helped him on his way with a few kicks & punches off camera.

Some media reported that they attacked punters in the venue. The truth is that they didn't get in. One doorman was injured. It was very uneventful. The real story is the weapons that the gang seem to have had. They seem to have dumped the weapons before Gardai arrived so unfortunately no one will be charged for weapon offences.

You told us 20 people tried to push past security and get into a pub and injured a member of staff and had weapons. TURN YOUR BRAIN ON!

Advertisement