Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Incident at Lost Lane on Saturday

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Walter Bishop

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    Here's my argument. It doesn't matter if this gang is black, white, pink or blue. Claiming that they are non Irish or immigrants based on the colour of their skin is ridiculous. No one knows what nationally they are but judging by their age I would be willing to bet that most if not all are Irish. The issue here is that a gang well tooled up tried to force their way into a club in the city. Does the colour of their skin really change the crime or make it worse?

Sadly you're trying to discuss this with people who generally don't understand that a person can have skin that isn't white and also be Irish.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,722 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Here's my argument. It doesn't matter if this gang is black, white, pink or blue. Claiming that they are non Irish or immigrants based on the colour of their skin is ridiculous. No one knows what nationally they are but judging by their age I would be willing to bet that most if not all are Irish. The issue here is that a gang well tooled up tried to force their way into a club in the city. Does the colour of their skin really change the crime or make it worse?

I seem to be the only poster here that has actually seen the video. I described it as best I could earlier on in the thread. It's not a dramatic video. Absolutely no violence on their part in the video. The only violence was actually against them. One guy tried to trip up several as they tried to leave. The same guy followed the last guy & him and several others helped him on his way with a few kicks & punches off camera.

Some media reported that they attacked punters in the venue. The truth is that they didn't get in. One doorman was injured. It was very uneventful. The real story is the weapons that the gang seem to have had. They seem to have dumped the weapons before Gardai arrived so unfortunately no one will be charged for weapon offences.

No body said they weren't Irish, just they were new Irish. If you are so concerned about them been Irish or not why not justify why the media gives them an easy ride, after all they are apparently Irish. Additionally these Irish will have no problem playing the race card.

Its not ok for white Irish to use skin colour but it is for black or whatever colour to use it?

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Walter Bishop

lol 'new Irish', just say 'black' for Christ's sake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Tasfasdf

I seem to be the only poster here that has actually seen the video. I described it as best I could earlier on in the thread. It's not a dramatic video. Absolutely no violence on their part in the video. The only violence was actually against them. One guy tried to trip up several as they tried to leave. The same guy followed the last guy & him and several others helped him on his way with a few kicks & punches off camera.

Some media reported that they attacked punters in the venue. The truth is that they didn't get in. One doorman was injured. It was very uneventful. The real story is the weapons that the gang seem to have had. They seem to have dumped the weapons before Gardai arrived so unfortunately no one will be charged for weapon offences.

So now your making stuff up, you said you seen a video, how the fk do you what happened "off camera"?

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Boxing.Fan

Hans Christian Andersen would be proud of this one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,090 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Tasfasdf wrote: »
    You told us 20 people tried to push past security and get into a pub and injured a member of staff and had weapons. TURN YOUR BRAIN ON!

You should read the thread before you put you foot in your mouth again. I stated that the video only showed them leaving. I said that "it is believed" that they tried to forced their way in. That's not in the video. The video shows no violence on their behalf.

Tasfasdf wrote: »
    So now your making stuff up, you said you seen a video, how the fk do you what happened "off camera"?

The guy that recorded the video & posted it on a Facebook group that I'm a member of. He claims that the last guy got a bit of a hiding off camera.

I'll say this again. The video shows no violence on their part. This doesn't mean that they wern't violent or that they were. It means they wern't on the video. The only reported injury was a doorman. As I say in the video they wern't violent at all. They looked like ASBO scum in their tracksuit bottoms & hoodies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭wtlltw

How do you rock up to the door with a petrol bomb in your pocket??

wtlltw wrote: »
    How do you rock up to the door with a petrol bomb in your pocket??

Gently I would think :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,584 ✭✭✭Working class heroes

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    No body said they weren't Irish, just they were new Irish. If you are so concerned about them been Irish or not why not justify why the media gives them an easy ride, after all they are apparently Irish. Additionally these Irish will have no problem playing the race card.

Its not ok for white Irish to use skin colour but it is for black or whatever colour to use it?

New Irish? Sweet Jesus.

Racism is now hiding behind the cloak of Community activism.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Gently I would think :)

Making sure your lighter was in another pocket.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭wtlltw

Making sure your lighter was in another pocket.

As you soak your trousers lol

I can't claim how the FBI or CIA gather intelligence but I'm guessing one of these idiots mentioned Petrol Bomb on social media & the US Government software picked up on the word bomb.

Can anyone throw any light on this? ( again pun not intended)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

New Irish? Sweet Jesus.

That's what the lefties call them. You blame the term on the likes of the Irish Times.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,584 ✭✭✭Working class heroes

Stephen15 wrote: »
    That's what the lefties call them. You blame the term on the likes of the Irish Times.

Oh I don't care who calls them that, it's still a stupid phrase.
    Someone is Irish or they aren't. Simples. When I here the phrase it reminds me of Holles street maternity hospital.

Racism is now hiding behind the cloak of Community activism.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Sadly you're trying to discuss this with people who generally don't understand that a person can have skin that isn't white and also be Irish.

They're not Irish. They're only Irish as long as the Welfare tap is open. Then they'll be off to sponge some other Country dry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Knowing how controversial Naira Marley's Soapy dance is in Nigeria.
    How do we know this gang wasn't protesting it?
    A just cause perhaps?

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    They're not Irish. They're only Irish as long as the Welfare tap is open. Then they'll be off to sponge some other Country dry.

How do you know that they aren't Irish? This has been claimed several times with absolutely no proof. These are teenagers.

Why do posters see different colour skin & assume that they are just off the boat. The mind truly boggles

• Registered Users Posts: 10,722 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

New Irish? Sweet Jesus.

I am only using the phrase Leo and other ministers use to be PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

JohnMc1 wrote: »

How do you know that they aren't Irish? This has been claimed several times with absolutely no proof. These are teenagers.

Why do posters see different colour skin & assume that they are just off the boat. The mind truly boggles
    They're not Irish because they're not white

I wouldn't take much notice of John here. He believes repealing the 8th amendment is all part of some massive conspiracy to wipe the white race off the face of the planet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

Billy Mays wrote: »
    They're not Irish because they're not white

Well generally Irish people are not associated with being black with a few notable exceptions. Like saying someones Nigerian if they're white

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,988 ✭✭✭circadian

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    It appears the so called "new Irish" are causing trouble again but nobody is prepared to call it out but those are quiet happy to pose for a photo when the time presents itself. Dublin is becoming more like London everyday.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/up-to-20-men-involved-in-suspected-planned-attack-after-dublin-music-festival-1.3949658?fbclid=IwAR2jtDVGleM8g_SiUnUK6O5R6VeVxwx8A85Eqsbt6lvwN5Q5ZJxxIvq5hP4

https://www.dublinlive.ie/news/dublin-news/dublin-gig-headlined-naira-marley-16545811

What do you mean by new Irish?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,161 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

The issue here is that a gang well tooled up tried to force their way into a club in the city. Does the colour of their skin really change the crime or make it worse?
    Man, you're so sensitive to skin colour that you ignore the obvious. In this sensitivity at least the progressive mind has much in common with the racist mind.

Take melanin levels out of it if it helps. If demographic A commits crime B much more than background then it is surely logical to ask why is demographic A more likely to? Knife crime in the UK is overwhelmingly perpetrated by members of the Black community. They also overwhelmingly figure high up on the victim lists of the same crime. But to you, no, skin colour has nada to do with it. As I noted earlier nobody could accuse those members of the Travelling community who figure much higher in certain crime stats than the background population of being Black.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Topdolla

The US embassy knew this was going to happen??? Wtf I've worked at concerts and never has a weapon got in, at lesser concerts people are pat down, metal wands should of been used at longitute, how did they get knifes and hatchets in is an absolute joke and tbh it's sounds like some sort of conspiracy **** either America is using the NSA to spy on us all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

But they didn't gain entry to the venue...

Wibbs wrote: »
    Man, you're so sensitive to skin colour that you ignore the obvious. In this sensitivity at least the progressive mind has much in common with the racist mind.

Take melanin levels out of it if it helps. If demographic A commits crime B much more than background then it is surely logical to ask why is demographic A more likely to? Knife crime in the UK is overwhelmingly perpetrated by members of the Black community. They also overwhelmingly figure high up on the victim lists of the same crime. But to you, no, skin colour has nada to do with it. As I noted earlier nobody could accuse those members of the Travelling community who figure much higher in certain crime stats than the background population of being Black.

So based purely on skin colour, I am, as is my family including my children, more likely to commit violent crime. That's a lovely simplification you've done there.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Topdolla

Didn't see that but crazy that that USA post on Twitter I see people saying they were Irish, they were black irish, white irish, but were they Catholic or muslim

Wibbs wrote: »

Skin colour doen't mean that these guys are not Irish, as has been claimed again & again on this thread.

I can see how a black group of friends here in Ireland might feel they need knives to protect themselves. Maybe it's all in their head or maybe they feel picked on all their lives growing up in Ireland. Maybe that's nonsense maybe it's not. I'm not sticking up for them or defending anyone carrying a weapon but you have to consider these possibilities if you want to group people by skin colour. Black people in the UK tend to be poorer & from more deprived backgrounds. If you compare deprived blacks & whites in the UK I'm betting that all of a sudden the percentages start to even out when you compare like with like. Do you believe that more middle class blacks carry weapons than middle class whites in the UK? I would hazard a guess that the figures don't differ much between whites & blacks.

I put it to you that the percentage of blacks v whites in the UK has more to do with deprived backgrounds than skin colour.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 210 ✭✭Ted Johnson

Flee Africa because life there is crap...do your best to turn Ireland into Africa...

#migrantlogic

Flee Africa because life there is crap...do your best to turn Ireland into Africa...

#migrantlogic

Please, continue to tell me how my extended family and friends are "turning Ireland into Africa".

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,161 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

circadian wrote: »
    So based purely on skin colour, I am, as is my family including my children, more likely to commit violent crime. That's a lovely simplification you've done there.
    Ethnic minorities, particularly Black minorities are more likely to be poor, disadvantaged, have lower employment stats, more likely to be raised in single parent families(almost exclusively mothers) and more likely to live in more ethnically weighted areas, all factors more likely to result in more crime and antisocial behaviour. Both as perpetrators and victims.

And yep and as I said before I most certainly do not deny that racism from the background population is a large chunk of that as an influence. Kids growing up being told on the one hand they're Irish, but not quite believing it because of their personal experience that tells them something different is going on in the mind of others. Which is wrong. However I'm a realist and reality has shown time and time again that this stuff is pretty innate with populations worldwide; those that are sufficiently different to the main population and are around in sufficient numbers are seen as The Other. And that is a major problem with this idea of multiculturalism.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Advertisement