Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Incident at Lost Lane on Saturday

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

circadian wrote: »
    Please, continue to tell me how my extended family and friends are "turning Ireland into Africa".

Arguing with racists gets you nowhere. You're better off just reporting the poster and letting the mods deal with him, in the hope that they won't let this forum turn into a complete sewer.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,090 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Wibbs wrote: »
    Ethnic minorities, particularly Black minorities are more likely to be poor, disadvantaged, have lower employment stats, more likely to be raised in single parent families(almost exclusively mothers) and more likely to live in more ethnically weighted areas, all factors more likely to result in more crime and antisocial behaviour. Both as perpetrators and victims.

And yep and as I said before I most certainly do not deny that racism from the background population is a large chunk of that as an influence. Kids growing up being told on the one hand they're Irish, but not quite believing it because of their personal experience that tells them something different is going on in the mind of others. Which is wrong. However I'm a realist and reality has shown time and time again that this stuff is pretty innate with populations worldwide; those that are sufficiently different to the main population and are around in sufficient numbers are seen as The Other. And that is a major problem with this idea of multiculturalism.

Wibbs I think I can agree with just about everything you wrote there

• Registered Users Posts: 6,988 ✭✭✭circadian

Ethnic minorities, particularly Black minorities are more likely to be poor, disadvantaged, have lower employment stats, more likely to be raised in single parent families(almost exclusively mothers) and more likely to live in more ethnically weighted areas, all factors more likely to result in more crime and antisocial behaviour. Both as perpetrators and victims.

And yep and as I said before I most certainly do not deny that racism from the background population is a large chunk of that as an influence. Kids growing up being told on the one hand they're Irish, but not quite believing it because of their personal experience that tells them something different is going on in the mind of others. Which is wrong. However I'm a realist and reality has shown time and time again that this stuff is pretty innate with populations worldwide; those that are sufficiently different to the main population and are around in sufficient numbers are seen as The Other. And that is a major problem with this idea of multiculturalism.

Agreed, and thanks for clearing that up. Your initial statement is the sort of thing I see picked up by racist edgelords online that will refuse to delve further into the socioeconomic elements that underlies it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    They're not Irish. They're only Irish as long as the Welfare tap is open. Then they'll be off to sponge some other Country dry.

If they are Irish citizens, then they are Irish. Cut out the cr*p

dudara

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,161 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    Wibbs I think I can agree with just about everything you wrote there
    I suppose the biggest difference between us is that you feel this can be fixed and I feel it can't and further believe that this is an innate side effect of multiculturalism.

There seem to be other differences, maybe cultural, maybe because of attitudes in host countries. EG take single parent families. If we look at the UK(as stats aren't available for here)

Almost half the black children in Britain are being raised by single parents, new Government figures reveal. A quarter of all youngsters live in one-parent families – treble the proportion in 1972, according to the Office for National Statistics. The biggest percentage of lone-parent households is among black ethnic groups. Forty-eight per cent of black Caribbean families have one parent, as do 36 per cent of black African households. Single-parent families are less common among Indians (ten per cent), Bangladeshis (12 per cent), Pakistanis (13 per cent), Chinese (15 per cent) and whites (22 per cent). Nine out of ten single-parent families are headed by mothers. Children who grow up without their biological father are more likely to be unemployed, commit crime and leave education early, according to research by think tank Civitas. They are also twice as likely to be homeless.

Read more: https://metro.co.uk/2007/04/10/race-divide-on-single-parents-251523/?ito=cbshare
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/MetroUK | Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MetroUK/

Melanin levels have little to do with it. After Afro Caribbeans and African families come Whites. Indians and others from that region have the lowest rates. This is reflected in US stats too. Black Americans have the most single parent families, Asian Americans the least, with European Americans somewhere in the middle. There seems to be strong cultural influencers outside of skin colour. Note how in the UK African folks have lower rates than Caribbean folks. Same colour and "race". In Ireland the last time I looked Traveler families have much lower rates of single parent families compared to background. Same colour and "race".

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭pure.conya

<SNIP>
    yeah its exactly the type of song Nialler9 would play there

witaf is this absolute ****e music? I feel vindicated that i avoided this bonobo until this eve

• Registered Users Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    It appears the so called "new Irish" are causing trouble again but nobody is prepared to call it out but those are quiet happy to pose for a photo when the time presents itself. Dublin is becoming more like London everyday.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/up-to-20-men-involved-in-suspected-planned-attack-after-dublin-music-festival-1.3949658?fbclid=IwAR2jtDVGleM8g_SiUnUK6O5R6VeVxwx8A85Eqsbt6lvwN5Q5ZJxxIvq5hP4

https://www.dublinlive.ie/news/dublin-news/dublin-gig-headlined-naira-marley-16545811

It’s not as if us Irish are squeaky clean when it comes to fighting.

I presume you’ve started loads of threads regarding Irish people fighting in other countries and how it sickens you? Or how Irish people fighting here every night of the week sickens you... or are the “new Irish” (your words) the subject of your ire for narrow minded reasons?

pure.conya wrote: »
    witaf is this absolute ****e music? I feel vindicated that i avoided this bonobo until this eve

Here there'll be no more badmouthing of Bonobo, he's fuppin brilliant.

Arguing with racists gets you nowhere. You're better off just reporting the poster and letting the mods deal with him, in the hope that they won't let this forum turn into a complete sewer.

I don't think he's a racist, he's just a troll. Racists, in my experience, stand by their statements at least. Not this hit and run guff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

I don't think he's a racist, he's just a troll. Racists, in my experience, stand by their statements at least. Not this hit and run guff.

Even more reason to just report him. With a bit of decent moderation, this forum is new enough to avoid becoming what After Hours was.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,584 ✭✭✭Working class heroes

Even more reason to just report him. With a bit of decent moderation, this forum is new enough to avoid becoming what After Hours was.

I fear it’s too late.

Racism is now hiding behind the cloak of Community activism.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 210 ✭✭Ted Johnson

Can you at least appreciate how galling it is for people to come to my country and act like thugs and idiots?

You don't want Europeans going to your homeland and causing trouble.

Wibbs wrote:
    I suppose the biggest difference between us is that you feel this can be fixed and I feel it can't and further believe that this is an innate side effect of multiculturalism.

I think it can be fixed or improved upon over a period of several decades. My main gripe with these threads is the racists seize this for racist purposes. We don't have a lot of black people in Ireland compared to white Irish. Crime committed by black people is tiny compared to white people because there are more of us. What gets my goat is that most of the videos posted online about crime in Ireland is black people committing the crime. There is a disproportionate amount of black v white crime posted online. There is a good reason for this. Some racist people use videos of black people committing crime to scare other white Irish people. To prove their belief that we shouldn't have immigrants in this country.

I'm a member of a local northside Facebook group with over 7000 members. We have had gangs coming into our area using the DART. They have vandalised cars, mugged people and general anti social behaviour. These crimes are committed by Irish gangs and non Irish gangs. Members have talked about starting vigilante groups. Every single video shown over the last year has been balcks causing trouble. Not a single video with a white troublemaker. Several videos are actually from the UK and passed off as happening in Dublin. There is a constant push to try convince people that immigrants = crime. It's a constant message I see weekly online. It's a dangerous thing for people to do. Many posters here try the same thing.

That Irish times article is there true but I wonder was it edited before it published?

No mention on RTÉ yet though. That’s odd

Usually every little dispute in the likes of Dundalk or Monaghan is given the RTÉ treatment. Reporters on scene, analysis, prime time. Etc.

This was a fully armed gang on grafton st.

Hatchets knives petrol bombs and god knows what else.

You’d wonder is there some agenda here of distracting.

“Nothing to see here folks”. Why like?

this type of censorship regularly goes on in Galway media too, kids down here carrying knives and hatchets, standoffs in the middle of the street while shoppers look on and not a whisper in the local media at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Harvey Weinstein

The tragic irony is that if immigration was severely reduced for a decade or two starting from now, and the people we have were allowed to settle, then these problems might possibly be avoided and the multicultural dream just might work out.
    Sadly an endless stream of immigration with no let up means it is totally impossible and there will be little integration and just a fracturing and atomisation of society.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Tasfasdf

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    I think it can be fixed or improved upon over a period of several decades. My main gripe with these threads is the racists seize this for racist purposes. We don't have a lot of black people in Ireland compared to white Irish. Crime committed by black people is tiny compared to white people because there are more of us. What gets my goat is that most of the videos posted online about crime in Ireland is black people committing the crime. There is a disproportionate amount of black v white crime posted online. There is a good reason for this. Some racist people use videos of black people committing crime to scare other white Irish people. To prove their belief that we shouldn't have immigrants in this country.

I'm a member of a local northside Facebook group with over 7000 members. We have had gangs coming into our area using the DART. They have vandalised cars, mugged people and general anti social behaviour. These crimes are committed by Irish gangs and non Irish gangs. Members have talked about starting vigilante groups. Every single video shown over the last year has been balcks causing trouble. Not a single video with a white troublemaker. Several videos are actually from the UK and passed off as happening in Dublin. There is a constant push to try convince people that immigrants = crime. It's a constant message I see weekly online. It's a dangerous thing for people to do. Many posters here try the same thing.

The amount of victim hood in this post is laughable.

Bobblehats wrote: »
    What was once Dublin’s most exclusive club has officially lost its lustre. For one night at least; lost lane indeed classy 1920s style refurbishment but it went to the dogs I can see just how in demand that sort of artíste may well be in modern day Ireland but the booking agent still needs their head examined.

how is it the booking agents fault? listen if we booked dexys midnight runners and poor Eileen arrived home, night ruined and covered in jizz that wouldn't be the booking agents fault either

Tasfasdf wrote: »
    The amount of victim hood in this post is laughable.

Up the standard of posting please.

This applies to all posters.

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

There seem to be other differences, maybe cultural, maybe because of attitudes in host countries. EG take single parent families. If we look at the UK(as stats aren't available for here)

Almost half the black children in Britain are being raised by single parents, new Government figures reveal. A quarter of all youngsters live in one-parent families – treble the proportion in 1972, according to the Office for National Statistics. The biggest percentage of lone-parent households is among black ethnic groups. Forty-eight per cent of black Caribbean families have one parent, as do 36 per cent of black African households. Single-parent families are less common among Indians (ten per cent), Bangladeshis (12 per cent), Pakistanis (13 per cent), Chinese (15 per cent) and whites (22 per cent). Nine out of ten single-parent families are headed by mothers. Children who grow up without their biological father are more likely to be unemployed, commit crime and leave education early, according to research by think tank Civitas. They are also twice as likely to be homeless.

Read more: https://metro.co.uk/2007/04/10/race-divide-on-single-parents-251523/?ito=cbshare
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/MetroUK | Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MetroUK/

Melanin levels have little to do with it. After Afro Caribbeans and African families come Whites. Indians and others from that region have the lowest rates. This is reflected in US stats too. Black Americans have the most single parent families, Asian Americans the least, with European Americans somewhere in the middle. There seems to be strong cultural influencers outside of skin colour. Note how in the UK African folks have lower rates than Caribbean folks. Same colour and "race". In Ireland the last time I looked Traveler families have much lower rates of single parent families compared to background. Same colour and "race".

All very interesting, I remember hearing a mount joy warden saying the majority of the prison population can from 5 black spots across the country.

But in terms of actual information what does this mean? In the future will young black Irish people be more likely to be involved in crime than white or Asian Irish people? And if so are there measures that could be taken to prevent this?

pure.conya wrote:
    this type of censorship regularly goes on in Galway media too, kids down here carrying knives and hatchets, standoffs in the middle of the street while shoppers look on and not a whisper in the local media at all

It wasn't censorship in this case. The Irish Times report is the most accurate on this case today. It is an unusual story because there was little or no violence yet these kids dropped quite a lot of weapons before the cops arrived. This is pretty much what the times reported.

Dublin Live is a rag. It exaggerates stories. Dublin Live claim gang of 30 yet there were less than 20. They claimed that the men ran out of the club but no one was running.

Some people prefer to believe the exaggerated version but personally I think the truth is a better read

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,124 ✭✭✭Odhinn

this is such a recent thing now that i can safely say (despite sounding racist as ****) that if the guys are black, or let's say Chinese, there's a fairly decent chance their parents are not irish

If they're irish citizens they're irish.

Can you at least appreciate how galling it is for people to come to my country and act like thugs and idiots?

You don't want Europeans going to your homeland and causing trouble.

I'm second generation, and the other side of my family is Irish for as far back as we can trace so it's as much "my country" as it is yours. Maybe you should appreciate how galling it is to have to contend with such a simplistic view of the world.

Ted Johnson infracted for poor quality posting.

dudara

I'm second generation, and the other side of my family is Irish for as far back as we can trace so it's as much "my country" as it is yours. Maybe you should appreciate how galling it is to have to contend with such a simplistic view of the world.

Your family is irrelevant to me. People who move to Ireland behave like scum need to be kicked out. Skin colour and ethnic background makes no difference

I can't be the only one who has never felt remotely unsafe in Dublin. A lot of people on here seem to be afraid of their own shadows.

I'm afraid you are, or at least you're naive, I'm able to take care of myself and wouldn't be too bothered getting into some strife with somebody my own age as lost likely the worst that would happen is a few slaps or whatever, but these kids are stupid enough to think they're bullet proof and there's no real consequences after pulling a knife and using it, enjoy your rose tinted view of the world cos its rare and ill-informed

Your family is irrelevant to me. People who move to Ireland behave like scum need to be kicked out. Skin colour and ethnic background makes no difference

So, do you think anyone who behave like scum should be kicked out? Or just immigrants?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭enricoh

Here's a case from last week, 3 Romanians targeting isolated elderly in the countryside.
    Tied an oul lad up, battered him, in hospital for 6 weeks and on medication now as a result.

The kinda crime people detest, any hint of it on rte? No chance, better chance of a direct provision knitting club on the news!

https://news.google.com/articles/CAIiENH3uTQbrNwO5b34Fj0YpmYqGAgEKg8IACoHCAowyNLTATDN-jUwjbOhAQ?hl=en-IE&gl=IE&ceid=IE%3Aen

I'm afraid you are, or at least you're naive, I'm able to take care of myself and wouldn't be too bothered getting into some strife with somebody my own age as lost likely the worst that would happen is a few slaps or whatever, but these kids are stupid enough to think they're bullet proof and there's no real consequences after pulling a knife and using it, enjoy your rose tinted view of the world cos its rare and ill-informed

Nonsense.

So, do you think anyone who behave like scum should be kicked out? Or just immigrants?

I'd deport all scum if could. I'd find an island and dump all the murderers, child abusers, rapists etc there. Sadly we can't deport native scum but migrants who act like scum? Absolutely they should be kicked out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

I'd deport all scum if could. I'd find an island and dump all the murderers, child abusers, rapists etc there. Sadly we can't deport native scum but migrants who act like scum? Absolutely they should be kicked out

Quick hypothetical.

What about an Irish citizen but his/her parents come from Africa but this person has an Irish passport, what should happen to him?

Advertisement