Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can I email dash cam footage to Garda station?

• 08-07-2019 12:42am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,676 ✭✭✭

I have some anti social behavior I caught on my dash cam of teens ripping off road signage in around the Marley Park area earlier Saturday. Gardai were everywhere because of the concert, yet it didn't stop them doing it..I wasn't going to bother with this but now I'm thinking I should send them the footage anyways. Can I email them this or do I have to go into a station ? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,193 ✭✭✭mikeecho

You'll have to make a written statement with a view to attending court and giving evidence.

If that floats your boat, you can hand in the footage when attending the station to make your statement.

Personally... I wouldn't

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,676 ✭✭✭mondeo

To hell with it then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

You could post it on YouTube anon and then tweet it to the Gardai

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭TheBoyConor

Don't waste your or the Gardai's time by sending crap to them via email.

As said, unless you can and are prepared to identify said individuals, make a statement and give evidence in court the all you are doing is pissing about being outraged at the youth of today and wasting everyone who as to listen to yous' time.

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭reg114

mondeo wrote: »
    I have some anti social behavior I caught on my dash cam of teens ripping off road signage in around the Marley Park area earlier Saturday. Gardai were everywhere because of the concert, yet it didn't stop them doing it..I wasn't going to bother with this but now I'm thinking I should send them the footage anyways. Can I email them this or do I have to go into a station ? :confused:

Upload to youtube and it'll grow legs if it incenses enough people. If you were incensed by their behaviour at the time ,its the least you can do. Far too many people witnessing crimes, doing nothing about it and then moaning about the gardai doing nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭TheBoyConor

Or on the other hand, it might get 4 views, 1 like and a shill ad for sunglasses in the comments.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

Or on the other hand, it might get 4 views, 1 like and a shill ad for sunglasses in the comments.

Never know unless he posts it, im sure if he decided to link it on boards under an anti social thread he'd get more than 4 views.

Advertisement