Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2011 1.2 diesel VW Polo advice please

• 08-07-2019 7:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭

I have been offered a 2011 1.2 Diesel Polo with 280k mileage for 1500e
    By a dealer I know , car is clean and has service record I'm told.
    Price sounds great but what am I missing apart from its still smaller than I ideally needed ..( driving an 06 Yaris 1.3 petrol at present as a stop gap ) ..how easy is would it sell by the way ?
    Came as a trade in on Friday to a main dealer and normal practice is for them to pass them down the "food Chain" to other dealers but I had asked him to be on the look out for a diesel,, and he owes me a favor
    I would still probally be looking for something bigger so am I better to wait and avoid complication. ,
    Thoughts

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭rn

My reading of your post is you've decided that the polo is not for you and you're asking should you get into selling the car(s).

I'd stick to day job. The possible profit is not worth the risk in my view, as you'd quickly be left with an uneconomical car to repair if say a clutch was gone or you've to add 4 tyres at non trade prices.

It would be a different story if you were going to replace your Yaris for the long term with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭foozzybear61

thanks and sorry for any confusion with Post ..
    The idea is to replace the Yaris. (which id want to then sell )

I had planned on something bigger but the Polo has come up ...for what seems small money ..just wanted opinions on what people thought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Just for comparison. I know someone that paid €6000 for a 10 Polo recently.

If it’s that cheap there’s probably a good reason.

That polo will be bigger and feel more substantial than the Yaris.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

It's very cheap for what it is. The 1.2tdi is a questionable yoke though, particularly with that kind of mileage.

Be very hard to lose money at the price unless the car is in a complete jock, which it could be at that price and mileage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Hard to know if it’s a crock, that engine sounds likes it’s thrown a rod at the best of times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Makes you wonder why the dealer's regular trade buyers haven't snapped it up already. It's certainly cheap on paper but it could easily be an expensive driveway ornament.

Advertisement