Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from GAA

• 08-07-2019 11:38am
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi
    I'm raising this as I feel the infraction and corresponding ban should be reviewed and lifted.
    I have posted back in here the PM sent to the mods on the GAA forum and also the last response to the mod who banned me.

If any other PMs are required I can post them in also.

The warning I took, even though I had replied to the posts how my 8 year old was called a tinker by a Galway fan into his face. I reminded the Galway fans, whom there are loads as you can see on the Mayo thread about their behaviour after beating us in Cbar in the League, the dancing and chanting, roaring in our faces, shouting at my 70 yr old Dad and his mate and many others around us.that the stewards removed their fans
    My post:
    “Kudos to the 2 Galway fans behind me who put their county many in his place when he turned around to myself and my 8 year old and told us we were tinkers when COC went to ground.

Seeing some of the comments on the other threads the Galway lads seen to forget their dancing in the stands and orgasmic pig squealing when beating us below in cbar few years ago.

Mayo fans well within their right to celebrate and enjoy that win.

Onto Kerry next week.”
    I removed the words I got a warning for and reposted.

The infraction:
    This is my post
    “He made poor decisions against both I think. The game is too fast for one ref or one with 4 statuesque umpires and almost equally so linemen.
    The linos can see exactly what is going on but seem to not want to do anything.
    Coen and COC had the jersey pulled off them on numerous occasions but nothing done.

We can let the ever present Galway fans on this page update us with their grievences.”
    And the line from the mod:
    “Absolutely no need for that last line - deliberately inflammatory. Just baiting other posters to take it off topic - not acceptable”
    So how can my asking of as I said, ever present Galway fans, for an update on their grievences on the ref be inflammatory??? Can anyone deny that they are always on the page, they were in fact posting before I posted and after. So this is not baiting or inflammatory, it’s a fact that they are on the thread.

The ban:
    Derailing. Honestly? The Doctor and Green Peter (who has the same IP as cruiser and who has been told more than once to stop posting in the thread and it was highlighted again by a poster in that thread) on 3 previous occasions each called me out, called me a coward, called the mods “Yobs” and I didn’t react, but yet when I posted that the pattern of the 2 of them appearing time after time would occur again hit me with a ban is causing derailing.
    I and more than me reported their posts all evening yesterday, they derail, back seat moderated, personal abuse etc etc. On at least 2 occassions The Doctors posts were deleted and they were left to continue their inciting, derailing, inflammatory posts. I got OCs from a number of posters on this. A number of posters commented on it on the thread. These guys troll the Mayo thread, I don’t go near their thread and repeat what they do as I whats the point?

So I think aside from the warning, which as I said Ill take. The infraction isn’t correct and the ban considering I ignored it all evening and night and they continued to goad me into what could have been a much bigger reaction is incorrect also.

To add onto this now from the various PMs.
    It looks like as per stated by Rebel Girl that she had PM’d The Doctor and asked not to repost. Yet he continued to do this, 4 times in total.
    Why was I not granted a PM to state that she was dealing with this issue, which was directed at me by 2 posters for 4 hours from my 1st reporting of their posts. I was not the only one to report them.
    This has not been the 1st time Green Peter has been asked to not post on the forum. This is not the 1st time that GP had trolled and been reported.
    I reported a post at 21:18 and stated that GP, Doctor and Cruiser are all the same person, cruiser and GP if ModUtils are used, can be seen to have shared IP Addresses. The same as with Hulk Hands, as you can see by other posters, who also trolls the Mayo thread. The tool is there, I didn’t sit on that so not sure where the mod is getting that from.
    I reported the posts. I didn’t react. I posted about the “Right on queue” as I predicted, based on how they work, that they would post. I responded to their post
    “Originally Posted by Green Peter
    You are untouchable YOP, you are a mod, you get the nod, you edit the blog, you represent the yobs and that why we know you are a knob!”
    Moderator Note

Continuing to derail the topic

Your post:
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by yop
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Green Peter
    You are untouchable YOP, you are a mod, you get the nod, you edit the blog, you represent the yobs and that why we know you are a knob!
    Right on queue.

Seilight was on the forum as I was in PMs with him, but I know he can’t, as stated before, go onto the Mayo thread due to possibly impartiality.

And as I stated in my reply to the PM, your comments re my posting behaviour has nothing to do with this, dragging up posts from a year ago which were also reiterated by other posters isn’t the way to address this.

This is the last PM to the mod for the record here.
    “Last nights exchange didn't start because of that last night. They had both posted many times before that and Doctor had the same post (spam) over and over and over again. And I didn't react to any of them in any incitful way, you can see that by the thread. Other people also called him out on it and he was let lose along with Green Peter, who again had ignored mod instruction to never post on the Mayo forum again, as you can see by Mod Utils.

Again my asking of the every present Galway fans to reply to why they felt that the ref was against them, was also echoed by another posts, and as you are well aware are always present on the Mayo thread as I stated and as many other mods can see also.
    The comment wasn't a banning comment from the off. The equating of all many fans as scum bags didn't receive a ban, so why would mine? If you took the context of my full post into the equation then you might be able to decipher the full post.

I have reported 20+ posts yesterday, I left you with the action. I responded with that line of how Green Peter and The Doctors Room are tagging on posts, if you even look at their posts, you will see how they like each others and cruisers posts. Two if not the 3 of them were there to incite and no one reacted.

Yes I reported their posts, more than just me, more than once.

I am well aware of how all this works, I'm a mod for 15 years and know all the tricks of how trolls work. I reported syferus for his personal reference to me, he raised his head at work then so I was correct on that assumption. I've had head the balls confront me in pubs for banning them in the Mayo forums.

If you again read the posts about the stadium, which was a year ago, the fact you are bringing this into this, isn't actually correct as it was dealt at way back then. But if you see any of the replies, the stadium wasn't fit for anything, other posters also referenced it and again last night it was referenced. If you have been there you'd understand the conditions.

Finally I find your last lines out of order and unrelated to this issue, the pattern of my posts? Can you explain this please.
    My posts are also not provocative, you'll find the who of the GAA forum has posters who jump that line way ahead of me on a daily basis. I stated facts, these are not provocative.

I stated to you yesterday in the PM about my warning how you seemed to jump on my post and left many more there in tact or just deleted them and didn't apply a warning/infraction etc. I now wonder based on your last comments in this as a possibility that you have in fact an issue with me as a poster/mod on boards and now with my posts.

With that in mind I think I should be allowed to ask that this goes above you now as I feel there is another issue here beyond what was posted.

I'll revert to the other mods on this.”

This was in response to this:
    " That post was deliberately inflammatory - you goaded them as well - you started it by putting that post about oh I’ll wait for the Galway fans response - in the Mayo thread!!! What did you expect to happen??

Cards were handed out - I had a PM conversation with Doctors Room not to post anymore or ask you for an apology, (at which stage I was just getting off a plane so had a few other things to worry about) which Galway fans deserve after your comment about pigs. I’ll deal with them. To be honest, you should have been banned for that comment as it was so out of line and disgusting. I explained you were sanctioned for that.

Last nights exchange started because of that last line which I carded you for.

You know you should report posts and leave us action them - but you didn’t. You went on numerous times and responded instead of leaving it for us to sort so you all got handed bans for contributing to dragging the thread off topic - same as any other person who decided to report posts and not deal with them. You should have an awareness of how the whole thing works - but you kept engaging - and got yourself in trouble. That’s how it works - you know that’s how it works. You replied to Green Peters post and then reported it, and I’d bet that there is a similar pattern for your other posts - don’t respond and then you don’t end up with a ban.

Your posting style seems to be very provocative at times - calling Tuam stadium a third world stadium? Really?"

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Hi Yop, I'll review this.

There is a lot to read there so give me some time to review posts, timeline and contact the mod concerned.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Steve
    Listen when I scrolled it there myself now I went WTF!
    If I was mod on this case I'd be losing the will to live. So just close this and don't waste any time on it.

Leave the ban, I don't agree with it but we are all volunteers on this site and in the 19 years I'm here I've one ban and wasted hours dealing with deek heads trolling , and I won't do that to another set of mods.

Text carries different meaning and lacks emotion and rebel girl took her view and acted , I didn't agree at all but no one killed.

I'm a passionate Mayo fan and I don't suffer fools and those posters went after me and have got what they wanted.

Leave the ban and tell rebel girl she has a much tougher mod role in GAA than I have in the top roaring interior and design forum.
    If I offended or upset her it wasn't my intention so tell her I apologise for that .

I might actually do some work without the access.

Thanks
    Aidan

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

yop wrote: »
    Leave the ban.
    Will do, thanks, that makes life easier for me.
    I can now review the ban length without needing to review the validity.

If I offended or upset her it wasn't my intention so tell her I apologise for that .
    I will pass that on, thank you.

OK, to bring closure to this:

I am not happy that you chose to use mod privileges to push you own agenda.
    From what you posted above, you undertook to compare certain users - as you are entitled to do as a mod - but then used it as ammunition in pursuit on a personal gripe

Not acceptable.

You also used mod privileges to go and fetch the text of your original post in order to repost an edited version of it.

I've no problem with that in general but when it is done to frustrate the forum mods then - well, you should know better and consider what you would do if a 'member' did the same in your forum.

Finally, having reviewed the timeline of posts and reports, I am flummoxed at what you reported and yet replied on thread to in the same manner as those you reported.

I personally believe the three day ban was too lenient given everything I read, however I will respect the decision of the mod concerned and leave it at that.

I will request this be marked as resolved.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement