Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your favourite animal?

Options
  • 08-07-2019 11:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭

I love short horn cows, they're amazing.
    I do a lot of hiking and in the winter you'll see then roaming around the Burren in the winterage, their plumage gets long and fluffy in the winter time.

They have character and look like something out of an old ladybird story book...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,376 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Hedgelayer wrote: »
    I love short horn cows, they're amazing.
    I do a lot of hiking and in the winter you'll see then roaming around the Burren in the winterage, their plumage gets long and fluffy in the winter time.

They have character and look like something out of an old ladybird story book...

It's the "Traffic Cone" ,found near all roads and on football pitches.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,660 ✭✭✭storker

Cats. All of them, from Lions to Moggies.

I love their grace and stealth and as pets, their low-maintenance - moggies, that is, not so sure about Lions being low-maintance pets :).

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Earendil

Sexy sheep.

Earendil wrote: »
    Sexy sheep.

Here you go...

JamiesHooker.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,187 ✭✭✭jiltloop

Snow Leopards, absolutely beautiful animals and live in such a hostile environment. I saw rare footage on a nature documentary of one chasing a mountain goat down what was little more than a cliff and it was breathtaking.

I also love the look of black panthers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Blinky Plebum

Dogs.

Greatest animal of all, mans best friend.

I'm of the opinion that if you dislike dogs there is something seriously wrong with you and frankly I'd want nothing to do with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭circadian

• Registered Users Posts: 7,298 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Lambs.

Absolutely delicious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Oasis1974

The monkey's but there all dead now.

sharks are cool just because of what they are but If I had to be an animal it would be a pine martin. mad lazy, sneaky, on the stroke for eggs and the likes feckers!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Humans. Their behaviour is so varied, and the ranges of intelligence on display can be astounding

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Orca whales. Such beautiful, majestic, intelligent creatures.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Hobosan

SusieBlue wrote: »

And they're known to playfully torture their food, which means they have a keen sense of humour, like ourselves!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

SusieBlue wrote: »

Wolves of the sea as they're called, the kings and queens of the seas. Nothing is safe where they're concerned. Great white sharks, even blue whales have been known to be killed by them. As deadly as they are stunning, and yet they present almost no danger to humans. One of the few exceptions to that is orcas in confinement which is commonly put down to stress due to being in confined spaces, which is all the more reason these animals should not be kept in marine parks.

Extremely rare sighting of a white orca a few years back:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭I see sheep

Badgers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

maxresdefault.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Cats of course! I have five now. They come for walks with me...keep the land clear of rats etc, and are sheer bliss on a cold day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

Earendil wrote: »
    Sexy sheep.
    What about the sexy slither of a lady snake though?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

Graces7 wrote: »
    Cats of course! I have five now. They come for walks with me...keep the land clear of rats etc, and are sheer bliss on a cold day

Sorry Grace, couldn't help it :o :pac:

simpsons-crazy-cat-lady-01-chung-in-lam.jpg?&targetx=0&targety=-7&imagewidth=499&imageheight=715&modelwidth=500&modelheight=700&backgroundcolor=FCDD05&orientation=1

47742979.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,522 ✭✭✭brevity

Penguins.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,010 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

jaxxx wrote: »
    Wolves of the sea as they're called]

Then why does no-one call wolves "the killer whales of the land"?

The Herring Gull is one of my favorites. People generally think of birds as being free. But really, most are inextricably tied to their habitat and are actually very limited as to what they can do and where they can go. Not the Herring Gull. They can go anywhere, eat anything, live in an urban or rural area, coast, river or hills. They can plunge-dive for fish, eat eggs, hunt small animals, steal food from other birds, scavenge rubbish and steal the chips out of your hand as you sit in her harbour wall in Howth. Truly free.

This juvenile I came across took on a seal for scraps of food, and won:

48230779442_6edb38a720_c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Dogs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

Elephants
    Orcas
    Dogs
    Cats.
    Orangutan

Can’t choose.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 23,285 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

Pigs, hands down

So damn tasty

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,736 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Has to be the Octopus. They are super intelligent - they have been given "honorary vertebrate" status for their amazing memory and problem solving abilities and are just in general an indredible speciesl all round.

Plus...instead of a teddy bear - I had (and still have) a cuddly red and yellow octopus that I have had since I was 18 months old - Ollie. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,504 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Liger

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

I have a few Gremlins. Chinese guy in the basement of antique shop on Capel St sells 'em.

tumblr_of8yz2A9Tk1rp0vkjo1_500.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Dogs.

Special mention to crocodiles too, mad bastards, especially those huge fellas on the Nile.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,166 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Elephants are majestic.

Advertisement