Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your favourite animal?

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Dogs

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Turquoise Hexagon Sun

Yeah, going to obvious and say dogs. Just the back/forth communication, play time, protection and love between man and dog is phenomenal.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

coffee_wolf_by_caramitten.jpg

That looks like a German Shepherd.

This be more fitting I reckon;

d3032je-64b77cb3-6591-4b3d-be47-0175f2bad53d.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2Q2NmJlMDkxLWJkOTYtNGIwMi04YjEwLWIxMzhhOWM2NmVlMVwvZDMwMzJqZS02NGI3N2NiMy02NTkxLTRiM2QtYmU0Ny0wMTc1ZjJiYWQ1M2QuanBnIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.Xp5oVNqnp_U3_jJkhdRs7lyndTsfTp6XdCC-qy8D9-4

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭js35

Cats and especially this one :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭magic_murph

Bacon. Love the stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,177 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Horses.

I have another fun fact about horses.

Apparently, horses can see with a split screen. That means they can see in two directions at once, like a television with a split screen between two different camera shots. Isn't that interesting?

Another thing about horses and eyesight, did you know that a horse can't see what he's about to jump? After all, his eyes are on the sides of his head, not in front like ours. A horse can't see straight ahead. That's why, if you ever watch showjumping you might observe a good rider turning the horses head on the approach, so the horse can see what's coming. The horse must then remember this, and do a mental calculation of his stride and the size of the upcoming obstacle, which will soon be invisible to him.

This is exactly why there is a mantra that "the last three strides belong to the horse" (before the jump), you have to trust that he has done his sums and knows when to take off.

If you still prefer dogs after reading that I don't even know what to say to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

Dogs, with a strong preference for "small to medium with largest personality" working ones (wire Dachs (full size) and larger forms of Patterdales). Can't be doing with 'nearly dogs', though (toys like chihuahas, French bulldogs and such).

In the wild, a mix of:

leopard seals (what I'd call the seagoing equivalent of my canine preferences: highly characterful and expressive, but with a thuggish/dangerous streak, and the prey drive to end all prey drives)

otters and red pandas (evens in the cuteness department)

sea turtles (rarely seen anything as graceful and peace-inducing, as turtles 'flying' over reefs, whilst scuba-diving; definitely cherished moments).

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,296 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

js35 wrote: »

Beautiful cat, are they yours?

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭js35

Beautiful cat, are they yours?

yeah she’s mine I have her 9 years now :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,232 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Dogs. Has to be dogs.

Make friends with a dog and they'll stand by you til the end.

No other animal does that.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,443 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

I love dogs, they are so great.

but after Dogs the most beautiful creature I ever seen was a Cheetah . I was on safari in the Serengeti once and there was one chilling on a dune watching the plains , that let us drive right up beside it and to this day thinking about it makes me smile.

giphy.gif
    js35 wrote: »

I don't know how to break it to you, but your cat is rotated 90°. It could be autism.

Pandas! I don't care if they're an evolutionary disaster that should have died out years ago, they're so damn adorable. <3 China may have a brutal record when it comes to human rights, and most animal rights, but they really work hard to conserve the panda. I've been to the panda reserve in Sichuan, near Chengdu, and it's so lovely to see them up close.

I also really like elephants, they seem like such majestic and intelligent creatures. I read somewhere before that elephants look at humans the way we look at puppies; basically they think we're cute! Adds another element of heartbreak to the dreadful act of poaching. :( Have never seen elephants up close but would love to some day; I've read that some places in Thailand are quite cruel to the elephants and exploit them for tourists, and that you should never ride an elephant (apparently elephants have surprisingly brittle backbones, and aren't suitable for humans to ride in the way that a horses or a camel can be ridden), but I also believe that there are ethical elephant sanctuaries there where you can still get close to them. So I'd need to make sure I've done my research properly before going.

I also quite like large flightless birds - ostriches, emus and the like. Something absurdly comical and ungraceful about them. :D Penguins and kiwi birds are also pretty adorable.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭MadamRazz

Bats
    Bears
    Cats
    Bees
    Magpies
    Dogs
    Owls

Is there a limit to how many I can like? Probably easier to say which animals I dont like - monkeys, pigeons, deer.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,217 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Not in any particular order:
    Badger, Goat, Ferret, Otter, Stoat, Weasel, Marten, Bumblebee

Advertisement