Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

STOLEN Scooter, 07.07.19 from Sutton

Options
  • 08-07-2019 1:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hello all,
    My scooter, a piaggio MP3 black, 12D39815, got stollen yesterday from Sutton train station around 15:00.
    I was selling the scooter and a potential person came to see it in order to take it for a test drive, and he never came back. He told me that he was from Bray. I have his name (if legit one), phone number and picture to share in case someone know anything.
    It is a very distinctive scooter, it has 3 wheels, if anyone spot it please let em know

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭D3V!L

ah seriously !!! sorry for your loss but you should never ever let someone test drive a bike or scooter without the money in your hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭jimbev

Out of interest what was the guards take on this and would they do anything with the picture

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Thats shocking, really hope it gets sorted. But really, letting some stranger have a test ride that easy!

Best of Luck getting it sorted, might be CCTV at the train station.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Ljmscooter

it will be at the first traffic light he had to stop at, as he will have come off when the tilt lock didnt engage :-)

I'll keep my eye out- post over at Modern Vespa also for more eyes on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭D3V!L

I was actually at Sutton Cross around that time on my bike having a coffee. Myself and my missus spotted two stolen bikes in an hour. One scooter (not the OP's) heading to Howth with no plate and returning a half hour later with a UK plate on it and another cruiser.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭650gs

I agree with cash in hand, I would'nt buy a bike without a test ride but would'nt ask unless I put the full price in someones hand, I have had guys coming to buy bikes even with a friend that waits with you but what if he a half wit and falls off, if hes given you the cash and he recks it its his bike simple

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭Cork Trucker

I bought a bike once, my brother done the test ride while i waited with the seller and his (Brother's) car, the only time cash was put in hand was when the sale was being closed, in saying that it was over a decade ago, if i were the seller i'd insist on cash in hand today.

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭650gs

It makes perfect sense, look at it this way you have a nice bike for sale for 5000 euro the guy comes with hi mum, dad, 2 sisters and his granny and they park there merc in the garden and all go inside for a cuppa wile Dumbo goes for a test ride, Oh Dumbo forgot to say the only bike he ever rode was his grannys high Nelly around the field back home, so gets to the end of the road and strait through the fence into the local park wrecking the wall the bike and his knee into the bargain, comes back and says don't worry I have another knee, and not really into the bike it doesn't handle to well and buy the way the park ranger wants to have a word.
    Thanks for the spin.

Come on people cash in hand and he just bough a reck

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Sir Galahad

D3V!L wrote: »
    I was actually at Sutton Cross around that time on my bike having a coffee. Myself and my missus spotted two stolen bikes in an hour. One scooter (not the OP's) heading to Howth with no plate and returning a half hour later with a UK plate on it and another cruiser.

There's a crowd frequenting the peninsula for the past few weeks. They race up the Sutton side and then down into the village. They were targeted recently by "Traffic" ;). Some of them arrive at Il Panorama before heading back through the cross. Very disitinctive head gear.

Advertisement