Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wexford Eurovelo

Options
  • 08-07-2019 2:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭

Looking to Carpe diem and do a short tour to Wexford this Friday evening coming back on Sunday after a bit of Eurovelo exploration.

My biggest concern is accommodation, it being high season and me not having infinite money. (And needing secure overnight bike storage)

Any recommendations?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭OleRodrigo

1. A good bivvy bag. About 80 euro.

2. Booking.com. Filter a search by the ' 0 - 50 ' euro category to get some middle of nowhere B&B's or hostels.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭coddlesangers

I'm going to do the Rosslare / Ballyhack euro velo, probably next week - last time I went around this area, the roads were "not great" to put it mildly - I presume making it a euro velo route just means Wexford coco have lamped up a few signposts and that's about it? No lovely smooth new tarmac, no particular other things done other than that? I'll double down on inners.....

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Steve SilverMint

I'm going to do the Rosslare / Ballyhack euro velo, probably next week - last time I went around this area, the roads were "not great" to put it mildly - I presume making it a euro velo route just means Wexford coco have lamped up a few signposts and that's about it? No lovely smooth new tarmac, no particular other things done other than that? I'll double down on inners.....

Agree some of the roads are really poor in parts but the scenery definitely makes up for it. Saltmills, Fethard on sea, hook lighthouse, Duncannon and on to ballyhack is a lovely part of the route.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭coddlesangers

Ah no, its a beautiful area, I'll be down there for a good few days not by accident :) . Assuming good weather and the good graces of the Mrs, get her to drop me off in Rosslare and pick me up in Ballyhack, and a slap up meal in Dunbrody should see me rightly sorted...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Where are you travelling from? How about train to Rosslare, pedal to Waterford, train back*?

* Assumes Dublin as the source...

• Advertisement
Advertisement