Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

thread banned despite the fact i was unaware of a warning

Options
  • 08-07-2019 4:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭

mike_ie has now lifted my forum ban but before i could continue to engage with him on the dispute section here he closed the dispute thread.

so I've been thread banned despite the fact i never seen the warning and wouldn't have seen it till I got to the end of the thread that was busy reading through, a simple pm after a warning will make sure posters get the message

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Moved to the correct forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

pure.conya wrote: »
    mike_ie has now lifted my forum ban but before i could continue to engage with him on the dispute section here he closed the dispute thread.

so I've been thread banned despite the fact i never seen the warning and wouldn't have seen it till I got to the end of the thread that was busy reading through, a simple pm after a warning will make sure posters get the message

I see the warning on thread and your next reply was one minute later? Did you not see that post immediately above that from mike_ie? It was pretty clear.

The ban was lifted and you have PMs from mike_ie or have you not seen those either?

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭pure.conya

smashey wrote: »
    I see the warning on thread and your next reply was one minute later? Did you not see that post immediately above that from mike_ie? It was pretty clear.

The ban was lifted and you have PMs from mike_ie or have you not seen those either?

I've seen the pms, I already explained to Mike that I'm on my phone and I can only quote reply one post at a time, I'll post the reply and while the site takes a second or 2 to load and show me my post I click back twice and I'm back to the middle of the thread where I left off and continue to read on, first I noticed something was up was when I recieved a pm telling me I was thread and forum banned for ignoring a warning

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭pure.conya

pure.conya wrote: »
    I've seen the pms, I already explained to Mike that I'm on my phone and I can only quote reply one post at a time, I'll post the reply and while the site takes a second or 2 to load and show me my post I click back twice and I'm back to the middle of the thread where I left off and continue to read on, first I noticed something was up was when I recieved a pm telling me I was thread and forum banned for ignoring a warning

i didnt ignore any warning at all, i was busy reading through the thread and quoting posts to reply, if Mike ie was doing his job right he'd have noticed that each one of the posts i made and he went and deleted after the warning were all from within the thread, this backs up my claim that I never seen the bloody warning in the first place

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

I think mike_ie explained this well enough on the now-closed DRP thread:

mike_ie wrote: »
    I'm going to skip straight to the "Admin" part of this equation, because you clearly haven't read your PMs either.

AS I PM'd to you, I gave you the benefit of the doubt and lifted your forum ban. However, I do need to point out that...

.... (a) says something about the quality of your posts, if you're responding with one-liners and not keeping up with the thread, and (b) is completely a problem of your own making if you don't read a mod warning because you're not keeping up with the thread.

As the ban has been lifted, there is no DRP to continue with, so I'm closing this thread. But please bear the above in mind in future.

And given that, I don't see there being a reason to continue with this.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement