Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus Future Pilots Programme

Options
  • 08-07-2019 6:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

Hi all,

So I have applied for Aer Lingus’s Future Pilots Programme, for the first time as in previous years I missed the deadline!

Whilst it is early days and the deadline for applicants was today, I was wondering for those that have applied before (or are Pilots) I am wanting to prepare in advance. Becoming a Commercial Airline Pilot has been something I have wanted for as long as I can remember but unfortunately due to training costs, this has remained a dream... until now (hopefully) and what more, the thoughts of working for imo, Ireland’s best airline is even more of a dream!

So, my question - what should I do to prepare? Aside from the ‘stages of progression’ with the application, what should I expect?

Would there be reading material that’s recommended for preparation for beginner Pilots and for the actual Programme?

I want to refresh my memory in regards to maths and physics, is there any particular books/ authors that are of recommendation? I have read there is a need for an intensive knowledge of Maths and Physics, whilst others say Basic is required.

Any help/ suggestions/ tips/ recommendations or even some more in-depth knowledge about the stages/ questions asked in interview would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.
    Failed to load the poll.

Advertisement