Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Castletown celbridge

• 08-07-2019 7:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

Just thinking of buying in the above estate. Nice house and reasonable price.

Really like the location close to the village and celbridge itself seems like a nice mix of village and lively town.

Just wondering if there are any negatives to the area that I'm unaware of?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Very few negatives, some antisocial issues in the woods at night sometimes... but not bad, the occasional bin being stolen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

I'm also considering this estate but past threads on it here are scary to read. Burnt out cars, bins stolen repeatedly, drug dealing in the alleys. In fact mloc123, you said yourself in one of them that you were glad not to bought there given the trouble!

Now this all mostly related to The Walled Gardens at that time, but it seems unlikely it would remain contained just there when all the roads run into each other? Is it still an issue - antisocial behaviour in the estate rather than just in the woods? Is the Woodlands, for example, as badly affected?

I'm also considering this estate but past threads on it here are scary to read. Burnt out cars, bins stolen repeatedly, drug dealing in the alleys. In fact mloc123, you said yourself in one of them that you were glad not to bought there given the trouble!

Now this all mostly related to The Walled Gardens at that time, but it seems unlikely it would remain contained just there when all the roads run into each other? Is it still an issue - antisocial behaviour in the estate rather than just in the woods? Is the Woodlands, for example, as badly affected?

The was a phase in the walled gardens area for a few months when cars were getting burned out weekly, that is probably 5 or more years ago now. I run a lot in the woods now and have not seen anything in years... that said, teenagers hang out in the woods. Location wise a house backing on to the woods would be ideal.. but in reality you would have some anti social behaviour to deal with.

The issues were all linked to the woods. IIRC correctly teenagers would set a car on fire and run back into the woods where they would not be found.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

mloc123 wrote: »
    The was a phase in the walled gardens area for a few months when cars were getting burned out weekly, that is probably 5 or more years ago now. I run a lot in the woods now and have not seen anything in years... that said, teenagers hang out in the woods. Location wise a house backing on to the woods would be ideal.. but in reality you would have some anti social behaviour to deal with.

The issues were all linked to the woods. IIRC correctly teenagers would set a car on fire and run back into the woods where they would not be found.

The fact it's "just" teens in the woods is not much comfort. The incidents described here (yes it's several years ago now) were serious criminal damage, not just some drinking and graffiti. To what extent would a house beside Castletown woods be affected by antisocial behaviour do you think? Would the back garden be damaged or trespassed on? Would the house be targeted in some way? Are we talking nightly, weekly, monthly?? It's a lovely estate and I really like Celbridge so it's a pity if scummy behaviour is allowed to impact on residents. I have plenty of experience of living in bad areas and the last thing I want is to end up with more of the same for the rest of my life.

The fact it's "just" teens in the woods is not much comfort. The incidents described here (yes it's several years ago now) were serious criminal damage, not just some drinking and graffiti. To what extent would a house beside Castletown woods be affected by antisocial behaviour do you think? Would the back garden be damaged or trespassed on? Would the house be targeted in some way? Are we talking nightly, weekly, monthly?? It's a lovely estate and I really like Celbridge so it's a pity if scummy behaviour is allowed to impact on residents. I have plenty of experience of living in bad areas and the last thing I want is to end up with more of the same for the rest of my life.

Honestly, I do not know. If you walk through the woods you will find drink cans and remains of camp fires... so based do this teenagers hang out in there at night time.

Whenever somebody asks about the "bad areas" in Celbridge my reply usually is.... If you drive into the worst estates tomorrow, you will not see burned out cars on horses on the green areas. It is not a rough area, but like all areas there are groups of teenagers and all that goes with them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement