Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Berryfield Road Finglas

Options
  • 08-07-2019 7:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi there, a few houses coming up available to buy on Berryfield Road in Finglas and I was just wondering if anyone has some constructive advice on the area? I know it's had issues in the past but wondering are the problems still very present for the residence? Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭sidcon

Jacko81 wrote: »
    Hi there, a few houses coming up available to buy on Berryfield Road in Finglas and I was just wondering if anyone has some constructive advice on the area? I know it's had issues in the past but wondering are the problems still very present for the residence? Thank you

This is north county Dublin you won't get a proper response in here I'm afraid

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

**Welcome to Boards Jacko81. I've moved this into the Dublin City forum :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

It is often useful to enter the name of the road and 'accused' in Google.
    Sometimes it is just one person causing a lot of trouble, sometimes it is more than one person.
    Ask the local Gardai would they be up there much. That will give you an idea of how it is.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,344 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I’m Finglas all my life.
    I’d never move out. Cabra is too far away for me.

Would I buy in berryfield, no. I live not far from it, but far enough to be distant from it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭Fan of Netflix

spurious wrote: »
    It is often useful to enter the name of the road and 'accused' in Google.
    Sometimes it is just one person causing a lot of trouble, sometimes it is more than one person.
    Ask the local Gardai would they be up there much. That will give you an idea of how it is.
    Berryfield Drive seems to have some serious gangland figures living there. Berryfield Road may be slightly better, I can't say but it is right beside it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Boxing.Fan

Berryfield Drive seems to have some serious gangland figures living there. Berryfield Road may be slightly better, I can't say but it is right beside it.

Berryfield Road is no better. A quick Google will tell you all you need to know. Better off looking for a house in finglas west there are plenty.

Berryfield is basically a lawless area. The cops wont go in unless they have big numbers which is very rare.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭The Enbalmer

Berryfield is hugely improved on what it was 15 years ago but it's a horrible area,littering,big speedbumps and cul de sacs where people can congregate.

There's a fair few scumbags still living there and while they're unlikely to cause you any real problems you'll get much better value and far more security round the corner towards Wellmount.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I'd buy in Beirut before I'd buy in Berryfield, and I've been in both places a lot.

Advertisement