Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone X died

Options
  • 08-07-2019 8:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭

Hi there had a quick look and didn’t see any similar threads so just asking what would you guys do.
    My iPhone X packed up on hols last week it was charging while at the beach and got stuck with the apple logo coming on and off
    When I got back to the apt the sign telling me to connect to iTunes to restore came up.
    I tried this and the hard restore to no avail
    I bought it off eir on an 18 month contract 20 months ago
    Switched to sim only recently
    Who or where do I go with the problem?
    All advise greatly appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

I assume you also tried the hard reset, press volume up, release quickly press volume down and release, now press and hold the power button untill you get the apple logo.

I think when you get the logo to connect to Itunes only works when you back-up on that system in the past. Did you have a backup on the cloud that you could try to restore to? Have you tried to reset but as a new device?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭soundsham

Ya tried the reset as you suggested
    Backed up to cloud regularly
    Screen stuck to off mode now no matter what I tried

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭og2k7

soundsham wrote: »
    Ya tried the reset as you suggested
    Backed up to cloud regularly
    Screen stuck to off mode now no matter what I tried

Wouldn’t be surprised if the motherboard was gone. Had similar symptoms with our ipad: rang the support (just so i could get the servicing done) and they were trying to convince me it was software related. If the iTunes sync doesn’t bring it back I’d say it might be a goner

Ring apple care talk to them and most likely you will be bringing it to compub

• Registered Users Posts: 28,484 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I would go to Apple support on link below and use the chat option. It''s very quick and helpful.

I don' think they'll direct you to CompuB unless you bought it there.

Apple Support

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭CiaranIRE

I would go back to Eir. Let them check the phone and find out what the issue is. If they can't troubleshoot it or fix it, they will likely inform you of the issue and a cost of repair.

Your statutory rights are for up to 6 years depending on the life expectancy of the item.

I would argue that if Eir are selling iPhones on 2 year contracts, then the life expectancy is at least 2 years minimum.

Apple didn't sell the phone directly to you so they're not responsible for offering a refund or repair etc

https://www.apple.com/ie/legal/statutory-warranty/

https://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057885395/2

• Advertisement
Advertisement