Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone issue.. where can I go next??

Options
  • 08-07-2019 8:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭

Hi lads

Was running a sim only package with Vodafone for the past 2 or so years happy enough.. the phone at the time(s7) which served me well was starting to see tough times so decided I would commit to upgrading.

Went for a package with Vodafone and an s10+ gave E350 plus 60e a month.. was happy enough past two weeks until Friday evening. I got a text off a lad and wanted to ring him. Tried ringing only for the call to end straight away. No attempt. Grand i thought.. few hours later tried to ring elsewhere.. no luck there either.

Basically I can recieve calls and text.

I can't use data.. make calls or send texts.

My phone is showing 4g and coverage. Got onto the online helpline (bear in mind I needed to go home onto wifi to do so) basicall told me turn off my phone.. take out the sim.. then they said try an old phone so went back to the s7 and same story.

Was told my sim was gone silly and go to a shop.. booted down the road.. the lad inside was an absolute and utter mess.. ****ing know it all who knew everything about ****ing nothing. Wasted an hour until closing there. Went back home and customer care rang.. told me it was an internal fault and I'm on a list and it'll be 3 to 5 working days before it will be resolved.

I'm a contractor and a phone is one of my most useful tools. I dont know what to do other than sit it out really.. I'd like to tell them to shove it but feel I cant do much there either? Surely they're breaking a contract by not providing a service to which I'm paying for???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭KildareP

Ask for a complaint reference number which formally logs it as a complaint.

You then fill out a form on their website and someone from the Customer Advocacy Team will call you back within 24 hours:
    (See here: https://n.vodafone.ie/aboutus/code/customers/complaints.html)

If you don't get joy there then you can refer it to ComReg.

Their customer support has gone through the floor in the last few months.
    They've shut their Talk To forum both here and on their website.
    Their telephone support is now mostly callback only with reports online of the earliest callback being days away.
    Facebook support mostly goes unanswered.
    Seems only Twitter is monitored with any regularity, but even then, it's mostly canned responses rather than actual resolutions.

Advertisement