Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Job different to spec

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

If you've handed in your notice, they'll just drag their heels until your notice period lapses and do nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭rock22

solicitor I spoke to couldn't tell me much really except that she would charge me lots of money. I thanked her for being straightforward. Might look for one who can do a one hour consult to give me a clearer Idea of things
    Handed in my notice today.

Have you a clear idea what outcome you want?
    I assume you do not now want any position with this company so you are looking for financial compensation. How do you see this been estimated.
    If you are out of work because of their actions you might be compensated. But you resigned so they will argue you left a perfectly good position.
    It seems you want to be compensated for choosing this job over the other offer you had. Not sure you will succeed in that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

rock22 wrote: »
    Have you a clear idea what outcome you want?
    I assume you do not now want any position with this company so you are looking for financial compensation. How do you see this been estimated.
    If you are out of work because of their actions you might be compensated. But you resigned so they will argue you left a perfectly good position.
    It seems you want to be compensated for choosing this job over the other offer you had. Not sure you will succeed in that
    As I said I was looking to talk to a solicitor to get an understanding of the position. I'm not thinking beyond that yet. I'm not rushing to chase a compensation payout if that's what you're thinking. But I do feel that this sort of thing isn't really ok, and they should be held to account so it doesn't happen again. I know another person who had a bad experience at the same company so it strikes me that this is more than a funny one-off thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭rock22

As I said I was looking to talk to a solicitor to get an understanding of the position. I'm not thinking beyond that yet. I'm not rushing to chase a compensation payout if that's what you're thinking. But I do feel that this sort of thing isn't really ok, and they should be held to account so it doesn't happen again. I know another person who had a bad experience at the same company so it strikes me that this is more than a funny one-off thing.

I understand you are unhappy , and I would be too, so I understand. But if you are considering taking it further you need to be clear what outcome you want. I am suggesting that you think about the outcome you want first. Then you can go to a solicitor or WRC or whatever and see if it is possible to get that outcome.

Anyway good luck what ever you decide

Advertisement