Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

opening a 2nd level student account - contactless card and documents required

Options
  • 08-07-2019 11:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi, I am trying to open a 2nd level student account for my daughter (16). I would be grateful if you could clarify if the visa debit card is contactless on this account? Also for the documents required, she can provide a copy of her passport and a selfie of her holding the passport, but she doesnt have any of the allowable proof of address documents. Will a utility bill in my name be sufficient?
    Thanks in advance
    Tipp27

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Jennifer

tipp27 wrote: »
    Hi, I am trying to open a 2nd level student account for my daughter (16). I would be grateful if you could clarify if the visa debit card is contactless on this account? Also for the documents required, she can provide a copy of her passport and a selfie of her holding the passport, but she doesnt have any of the allowable proof of address documents. Will a utility bill in my name be sufficient?
    Thanks in advance
    Tipp27

Hi tipp27,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards. Please be assured that a utility bill in your own name along with her photo ID will be sufficient enough  when opening an account for your Daughter

Please be advised that contactless cards are only issued on accounts from third level accounts onwards. The card issued on a Second level account will be a normal Visa Debit Card.

I hope this helps and please feel free to get back in touch if we can help with anything else.

Thanks Jen

• Registered Users Posts: 2 tipp27

Many thanks for your prompt reply Jennifer - thats very helpful.

Tipp27

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Kathryne

Hi Tipp27,

You're very welcome, we're always happy to help.

Let us know if you have any further queries.

Many thanks,
    Kat

Advertisement