Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FPL Prize Leagues 2019/20

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Harps league hitting the 200 mark with 24 hours to deadline.

Don't forget to save us a spot!

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭Missing Links

A last shout out for the Bohs and Harps Leagues!Also,I see that Galway United are running theirs again this year (where I'll be defending my title!).

#GREATESTLEAGUEINTHEWORLD

• Registered Users Posts: 33 harps1954

Prize fund has exceed €2,300 in my JD FPL (details further up this thread). €20 to enter - send via PayPal (friends/family) to irishfpl@gmail.com and code will follow.

Also, I strongly encourage everyone to join both the Harps and Bohs Leagues as well.

€60 well spent by joining all three!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Legion.

Last shout for the Harps league. Currently 279 entered, be some craic to break last year (285) or even hit 300.

Aaannd last years total is broken.

Looking like a prize fund of over €3,000

Don't miss out, it could be your year!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

harps1954 wrote: »
    Some of you might be familiar with me for running the JD FPL League - I know many of you were in it previously and even though I don't post a lot on boards, there are many on here who know me and know that I run this league very well.

In addition to the normal Classic League, I also run a Champions League competition (Champions League is limited to 64 players).

Last season, our competitions paid out over €4,500 in prize money, and we are already well on the way to a hopefully similar (if not bigger prize fund for 19/20). Our 32 player Europa League is already sold out, while the 64 player Champions League is fast approaching a full-house as well. The Europa League winner will receive €500, while the Champions League winner will pick up €1000.

In the League, there will all the usual favourites like monthly cash prizes (€30 each month last season), a Cup competition (€200 for the winner last season) and prizes for at least the top five finishers in the league (€1,000 top prize last year, €500 for 2nd, etc.).

***************** CHAMPIONS LEAGUE 2019/20 ****************

Once more, I will be running an optional Champions League competition again this year. It is limited to only 64 players – so this will be available on a first come, first served basis.

Payment is the only way that entry can be confirmed.

Cost of entering this is also €20 with a prize of €1,000 for the Champions League winner at the end of the season.

How does the Champions League work (it’s very similar to the “real” Champions League):

The 64 players will be drawn into 16 Groups of 4 Players.
    Each Group will see each player have 6 rounds of fixtures based on the Premier League Fantasy Football Gameweeks (e.g. Champions League Matchday 1 will be Premier League Gameweek 5, etc – full dates will be confirmed nearer the start of the season).

Three points will be awarded for each victory, one point for a draw.

Top two in each Group will progress to Round of 32 Knock-out stage with each Group winner facing a Group runner-up in this round. Each subsequent round will be an open-draw.

Each Knock-out game will be over two-legs (up to and including the semi-finals) with winning aggregate score over two legs progressing to the next round.

The Final will be a one-off game in Gameweek 37.

******************** HOW TO ENTER AND PAY ****************

Send €20 via PayPal (friends and family) to irishfpl@gmail.com to enter the League only.

Send €40 via PayPal (friends and family) to irishfpl@gmail.com to enter the League & Champions League.

Please make sure all payments are sent using the “Friends and Family” option in PayPal.

Remember, you can’t join the Champions League without being a member of the Fantasy League.

Once payment has been received, an email confirming the code to join the league will be sent to you.

Feel free to send this email on to any friends, family, work colleagues, etc. who you feel might want to be a part of our leagues.

Joe

Is the Champions League one full?

FHFC wrote: »
    Aaannd last years total is broken.

Looking like a prize fund of over €3,000

Don't miss out, it could be your year!! :)

Great going in such a short period of time.:cool:

Great going in such a short period of time.:cool:

Sailed past 300 entries and still rising fast!!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Dumb question alert...joined the 3 LOI leagues but haven't got the Galway United code yet. Does it matter if I get it after the deadline as long as I'm in before the final update of the gameweek?

Dumb question alert...joined the 3 LOI leagues but haven't got the Galway United code yet. Does it matter if I get it after the deadline as long as I'm in before the final update of the gameweek?

I wouldn't worry...I think that comp is open for another week or two.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I wouldn't worry...I think that comp is open for another week or two.

Ah cheers.

Sailed past 300 entries and still rising fast!!

Looks like we'll end up on about 315 or 320 entries.

Need to get some admin done and entries and payments cross checked and will get total pot confirmed ASAP.

Thanks so much to all who entered from here. Huge fundraiser for the club. 3 home games August and September.

All eyes will turn to Anfiel..Tallaght Stadium now for our cup match with Shamrock Rovers.

Just a quick update for those entered in the Harps league.

The FPL site has been full of bugs as mentioned elsewhere. I've matched entries and payments, refunded anyone who didn't enter league, booted out unpaid entries, and closed the league but numbers keep changing, and have been contacted by people whose teams have been taken out not by me. Maybe glitches, maybe they left by mistake, but its a pain in the hole and I can't sort it from my holidays!

Will definitely get final valid entry numbers and prize fund confirmed by the weekend. If you see new entries being added it's people who were in before deadline or had some other issue.

Sorry for delay.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,168 ✭✭✭Dearg81

maybe they left by mistake, but its a pain in the hole and I can't sort it from my holidays!

When you click on any league it's very easy to fat finger "leave league" on a mobile instead of "league standings" and whats worse is you get no confirmation message so one misclick and you're gone. I'd imagine that's what's happened to the people in your league.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭McBain11

Dearg81 wrote: »
    When you click on any league it's very easy to fat finger "leave league" on a mobile instead of "league standings" and whats worse is you get no confirmation message so one misclick and you're gone. I'd imagine that's what's happened to the people in your league.

They definitely made a balls of that this year.

There used to be a confirmation button as well so it's unlikely you'd click it twice by accident.

Dearg81 wrote: »

Yeah, heard that. Have closed league, but have heard that it's also been tricky to reopen them to let people back in.

Will sort it when I'm home. Hopefully.

Yeah, heard that. Have closed league, but have heard that it's also been tricky to reopen them to let people back in.

Will you post here if you get a solution to letting someone back in after you've closed the league. I'm running a league, I closed it, and can't let someone back in who accidentally hit the leave league button!

Much appreciated if you do

They've fixed the bug now, so you can reopen the league to new entries again to let people back in.

Have had a nightmare with the FPL site since, league has been full of glitches and errors. But have it closed out at 318 entries.

So thats a record €3,180 prize fund which we're breaking down as below.

Slight increases in top prizes and stretched payouts to top 10, adding a runners up spot for the Cup (which will happen this year) and a new John Bon Jovi Half Way There prize for the team at the top of the pile at Xmas.

488258.PNG

• Registered Users Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

You deserve a prize for your Jon Bon Jovi prize

giphy.gif

• Advertisement

Boards user HaraldB, please PM me ASAP. I don't seem to have your payment to the Harps League and your PMs are closed.

If I don't hear from you I'll have to eject your team.

Thanks.

For the Finn Harps league regulars, and general sympathisers of the club from the coolest place on the planet.....we've just published another Premier League fundraiser at what is a very tight time of the year financially so would appreciate your support.

Finn Harps Last Man Standing 2019 - usual rules, pick ONE team to win each week starting from 20th September. €10 to enter, last (Wo)Man Standing scoops €500.

https://www.finnharps.ie/post/finn-harps-last-man-standing-2019

As usual people can PayPal me directly to avoid the PayPal fee.

Our glorious leaders in the FAI are not very good at fixture scheduling so we have 2 home games in the final 8 weeks of the season after this Friday, so support for this would be greatly appreciated.

First monthly winner in Finn Harps League confirmed - Declan Rynne.

He hasn't owned Sterling or Aguero all season. Vardy from the start, KdB his only City player.

More than one way to skin a cat!

Robert Mc Loughlin wins first Bohs monthly (Footgolf for 4 plus €50 Zero Latency voucher).He had Sterling & De Bruyne/Aguero every GW.

For the Finn Harps league regulars, and general sympathisers of the club from the coolest place on the planet.....we've just published another Premier League fundraiser at what is a very tight time of the year financially so would appreciate your support.

Finn Harps Last Man Standing 2019 - usual rules, pick ONE team to win each week starting from 20th September. €10 to enter, last (Wo)Man Standing scoops €500.

https://www.finnharps.ie/post/finn-harps-last-man-standing-2019

As usual people can PayPal me directly to avoid the PayPal fee.

Our glorious leaders in the FAI are not very good at fixture scheduling so we have 2 home games in the final 8 weeks of the season after this Friday, so support for this would be greatly appreciated.

This LMS starts this weekend. Any entries greatly appreciated. Just a tenner to enter with €500 prize.

https://www.finnharps.ie/post/finn-harps-last-man-standing-2019-enter-by-friday

Any good, free to enter, leagues still accepting entrants ?

I’m thinking good monthly and annual prizes.

SlickRic may know some as he was riding so high last season.

Well done to Grzegorz Damaziak who won the September monthly in the Bohs league and scooped a fourball @ Druids Glen.

Xmas/New Year prizes in the Bohs league:

GW18 - 2 Jodi Stand tickets for a Bohs league game (excluding games v Shamrock Rovers)

GW19 - €25 One4all Gift Card

GW20 - €25 One4all Gift Card

GW21 - Lunch for 2 in the Cowtown Cafe in D7 and 2 cases of 7UP 500ml (24 per case)

Had to hire a few elves (recently made redundant) to get the myriad of Bohs league December/Xmas/New Year prizes out.Congrats to all our winners....

December: Kieran Harnet (2 kids' places for a term @ The Brickx Club in Dublin 7)
    GW16: Keith Johnstone (€25 Glasnevin Glass voucher)
    GW18: Philip Clarke (2 Jodi Stand tickets for a Bohs league game)
    GW19: Philip Dillon (€25 One4All voucher)
    GW20: Kieran Harnet (€25 One4All voucher)
    GW21:CaseyJade Bruen (lunch for 2 in Stoneybatter's Cowtown Cafe and 2 cases of 7UP)

The January prize is a €25 voucher for the Bohs Store...ideal timing with the new LOI season kicking-off on 14th February.

• Advertisement

The March monthly prize in the Bohs league is a cracker.The winner can look forward to a fourball at Druids Glen Golf Resort,Co. Wicklow plus 24 500ml bottles of Ballygowan to quench the thirst!

Advertisement