Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 HDMI Modulators and Saorview

• 09-07-2019 12:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 226 ✭✭

I had enough of my old setup with hdmi splitters and hdmi transmitters and receivers over the cat6.

1 was the need to change hdmi source though a matrix and 2 was the finicky process to get sky working on a tv if the mother was baby sitting etc.

So I bit the bullet and got 2 edision hdmi modulators from freetv.

The plan is to have 1 mod running sky hd on channel 1, the second mod running a chromecast on channel 2 and the saorview channels running after that.

So basically anyone that picks up a remoe can go up and down through the channels and every tv also now has chromecast.

With some swapping and changing I nearly have everything setup using stuff I had lying around.

The skybox rf2 out, the aerial, mod 1 and mod 2 are connected to a super combiner and then into the dist amp.

the problem I am having is some of the saorview isn't coming in because of the 2 modulators

Mod 1 is running the stock settings and mod 2 is setup like this:
    [HTML]<constellation>2<\constellation>
    <channel>55<\channel>
    <FEC>4<\FEC>
    <FFT>1<\FFT>
    <GI>0<\GI>
    <Name>CHROME<\Name>
    <RF_Level>+2<\RF_Level>
    <LCN>2<\LCN>
    <TSID>1<\TSID>
    <ONID>1<\ONID>
    <NetworkID>1<\NetworkID>
    <audio_bitrate>3<\audio_bitrate>
    <audio_farmat>0<\audio_farmat>
    <videopid>1006<\videopid>
    <audiopid>1007<\audiopid>
    <pmtpid>1009<\pmtpid>
    <serviceID>1010<\serviceID>
    <video_bitrate>18000<\video_bitrate>
    <Netname>EDISION<\Netname>[/HTML]

Most of the threads I am looking at are based in the UK so I was hoping I might have someone over here with a similar setup to save me just guessing settings.

Any reply is appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭StreetLight

Whereabouts in the country are you? Do you know what transmitter you are receiving Saorview from?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 226 ✭✭Chrizfitz

Whereabouts in the country are you? Do you know what transmitter you are receiving Saorview from?
    Clane Co. Kildare. What's the easiest way to tell my transmitter?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭StreetLight

Use the Saorview coverage checker to enter your location.
    https://www.saorview.ie/en/get/coverage

Or just have a look at your aerial and give us a rough idea of the direction it's pointing towards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Hoagy

Your modulator is set to channel 55 and Kippure uses 54 and 58 so that could be your problem.

There is an explanation here which relates to analogue modulators but the issue is the same with DTV channels.

BTW I have had HDCP issues with the Edision modulator, my Humax Freesat won't play HD content through it. The Sky box works fine though. I wonder will you have an issue with the Chromecast?

Use the Saorview coverage checker to enter your location.
    https://www.saorview.ie/en/get/coverage

Or just have a look at your aerial and give us a rough idea of the direction it's pointing towards.

Thank you and hoagy. It was indeed the issue. Channel down to 48 and that's a bingo.

• Advertisement

Hoagy wrote: »
    Your modulator is set to channel 55 and Kippure uses 54 and 58 so that could be your problem.

There is an explanation here which relates to analogue modulators but the issue is the same with DTV channels.

BTW I have had HDCP issues with the Edision modulator, my Humax Freesat won't play HD content through it. The Sky box works fine though. I wonder will you have an issue with the Chromecast?

It was kippure alright.

Only tried YouTube so far and it will be that and maybe Spotify and smart iptv.

No Netflix or anything like that atm anyway.

Very happy with the simple setup but it is early days.

Advertisement