Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Family things to do in Kilkenny

• 09-07-2019 3:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭

Going to the Lyrath at end of July with 3 year old and 18m old.
    Any suggestions for family activities in Kilkenny city and surrounding area?
    Thank you in advance.

Comments

Nore Valley Farm is a lovely spot to visit, - it's outside Bennettsbridge, about 10km from the city.

And the Reptile Zoo in Gowran might appeal to the 3 year old.

The Watershed Leisure Centre on the ring road has a nice big toddlers pool and is bright and pleasant and well run.

People with young children might know of other places....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Deskjockey

A few free ones

Captain Obvious here but the castle Park is always a nice place to hang out, even if the childrens playground is closed for refurbishment at the moment (not sure when reopening)... kids love rolling down the hill on a nice day. If you fancy a walk, you can cut down to the canal walk and head in towards town for an ice cream.

Also closeby is the gardens of Butler House which you can access via the back of the Kilkenny Design Centre, across the road from the castle.

Jenkinstown is a nice place for a walk, just a few kms out the n78, there are usually a few deer knocking around there

Kells Priory is a fantastic place to go for a walk also, it is an amazing place if you have never been, full of history and again <10 kms out from KK. Ideal spot for a bit of hide and seek.

Castlecomer discovery park is a nice place for smaller kids, with a nice playground there and walks and a new hotel opened close to it for mam n dad to go and have a well earned meal afterwards. 15 20 min spin from KK city.

For a wet day, you could pay into the PlayStation or JellieTots, two indoor play places with slides etc

Deskjockey wrote: »
    A few free ones

(not sure when reopening)

Re-opening this week :)!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 841 ✭✭✭toe_knee

inthehat wrote: »
    Re-opening this week :)!
    Opened yesterday at 2pm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

Thanks everyone. While i have ye, have you any suggestions on places to eat?
    I flipping refuse to eat in McD or SuperMcs and not because I'm a snob but because this is the only break away we'll get this year and I'll be in those other spots plenty of times over the summer.

• Advertisement

I'm not great for eating out but there's plenty of choice in KK. Langtons in John St is always popular and child- friendly. Also Rafter Dempseys in Friary St,... Paris Texas in High St, ......Newpark Hotel (bar food)........"The Butcher" for steaks and good burgers. A lot of the pubs actually do good bar food. Posher places would be Campagne, Rinnucini, Lyrath itself.

Advertisement