Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying tiles in Limerick

• 09-07-2019 4:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭

Hi all, where's the best place to buy tiles in Limerick? Looking for recommendations from people and not suppliers. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I always buy my tiles in World of Tiles on Mulgrave Street. They are distributors to some of the other local tile shops in Limerick. Their range is not as broad as some of the others though so if you want uber modern or something different then you might have to go someplace else.

I'm currently buying tiles around now and will need to buy them from 3 different places this time, Right price tiles, world of tiles and Tile warehouse. I've been to most other places around and either didn't like the range of the prices or sometimes both.

Depending on how much you need always ask about end of line stuff if you don't need much. Bargains to be got there.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭toushea

I went with Tile Warehouse Limerick on the Dock Road and PJ Matthews for my tiles and woodfloors on a recent renovation. I reckon in the process I visisted almost every tile place in Limerick. Biggest advice I can offer is to shop around is if you find a tile you like shop around for it . The same tile I wanted from the same brand was twice the price in a certain tile shop as it was in Tile Warehouse.
    Same tile , same manufacturer.

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭unichick

Thanks so much for the replies. We are building a house so are in need of a lot of tiles. I've only been to World of Tiles so far and am happy with them. However I might have a look in PJ Matthews and Tile Warehouse also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I was in Tile Warehouse this morning and they didn't have what I wanted. They suggest I go to the Tile Clearance house next door which is also their company but sells off the tiles they no longer stock. End of Lines, over stocks etc.

I got what I wanted in there in the end for a fair price.

If you need a lot of tiles in one go then getting them delivered is a pain if you get them from different shops. You might find a good tiler who would pick them up for you as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭iceman777

I have bought a huge amount of tiles and bathroom goods from them recently for a house build and their prices and customer service are excellent.

http://tileandwoodcentre.ie/

https://www.facebook.com/www.tileandwoodcentre.ie/

• Advertisement
Advertisement