Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Calculating annual gross and overtime for mortgage?

• 09-07-2019 4:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭

Hi,

We went up to ebs for mortgage application and they want us to provide the annual basic salaries and overtimes but i dont know where in the P60 is the annual basic salary located? I also dont know how will I calculate my annual overtime because it varies.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Q&A

Your employer would provide all this information in a completed salary cert. Whatever you put down the bank will want to see proof of so as easy to get HR to do the work.

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭FrankC21

When you say proof can my employer compose a letter which states all of the figures and also states that those figures will be inline with our income with coming years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Q&A

That's basically it. Every bank has a template in their mortgage pack that they ask potential borrowers to send to their employer to complete and stamp.

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭FrankC21

Hi,

The bank actually want to know both of our Basic salaries for the last 3 years for them to calculate our yearly overtime. How can provide that and does it appear on our p60s?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Trish56

Your employer will complete a standard Income Certificate which will outline your basic plus overtime and bonus. In addition you will have to supply up to three months payslips which will show your basic, overtime etc. and 2018 P60 and if they wish to see evidence of overtime over last 3 years you will be asked to submit 3 years P60's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,786 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

FrankC21 wrote: »
    Hi,

The bank actually want to know both of our Basic salaries for the last 3 years for them to calculate our yearly overtime. How can provide that and does it appear on our p60s?

It doesn't appear on your p60; it only gives the gross total income.

Advertisement