Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need Help Choosing A Bike

Options
  • 09-07-2019 4:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I live in Spain and I'm looking at getting a bike to cycle to work.

I live in a city called Denia and work in a town called Javea (20 KM approx - 53 mins cycle according to Google Maps).

The route has a lot of steep hills (it goes around a mountain).

My brother has suggested that I look at a hybrid bike which sounds like a good idea.

Use the electric motor for some of the steep hills and cycle the rest.

It's something I want to try and do everyday so I think a hybrid would ensure I enjoy the commute.

Budget is €1K but would spend a little more if needed.

No idea about bikes so any direction would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,942 ✭✭✭Bigus

shuffles03 wrote: »
    Hey,

I live in Spain and I'm looking at getting a bike to cycle to work.

I live in a city called Denia and work in a town called Javea (20 KM approx - 53 mins cycle according to Google Maps).

The route has a lot of steep hills (it goes around a mountain).

My brother has suggested that I look at a hybrid bike which sounds like a good idea.

Use the electric motor for some of the steep hills and cycle the rest.

It's something I want to try and do everyday so I think a hybrid would ensure I enjoy the commute.

Budget is €1K but would spend a little more if needed.

No idea about bikes so any direction would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Get something with a mid drive motor , not a hub motor to better cope with the hills, and if possible go for Bosch, and hydraulic disc brake (not cable) available across many different bike brands , your budget might have to be more like €1800 , but when compared to a car it’s great value as no virtually running costs , and ebike hold their value, while having nice green credentials and help with health.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,942 ✭✭✭Bigus

Advertisement