Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dr. Mario World (Mobile)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,437 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Can't imagine this is great with touch controls but I'll give it a shot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Never played a Dr Mario game, but this looks like it could be super addictive. The music and voices are super surreal, but i couldn't stop listening

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭Doodah7

At level 43 already!!��... Level 40 is a b*tch...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,645 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Installed it
    Played it
    Saw there was no "Just f**king buy the thing" option
    Uninstalled it.

Unless I've missed a way to avoid the micro-transaction nonsense, in which case I'll install it again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Installed it
    Played it
    Saw there was now "Just f**king buy the thing" option
    Uninstalled it.

Unless I've missed a way to avoid the micro-transaction nonsense, in which case I'll install it again.
    It's worth watching the trailer in this context. They've actually gone and fully explained how the in-game monetization works in their trailer which is, in itself, laudable.

The fact that it's required is highly disappointing of course but after what happened with Super Mario Run, it's unsurprising given the state of the mobile space. I guess they could have gone in at a $4.99 price point to see if that was more acceptable but most of the pushback at the time seemed to revolve around being expected to pay any amount to continue playing rather than the $9.99. Guess we'll see how well it's received by the mobile audience. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭nedd

Played s few levels of this. Can’t say I’m enjoying it to be honest. I had expected more than a match 3 puzzler from Nintendo. (Having never played Dr. Mario before)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

That's always what Dr. Mario was though.

For what it's worth, I think how they've implemented it works surprisingly well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Great game. I got to level 20 and unlocked the Vs mode and that's where the fun is for me. I'm surprising winning alot and I'm up to tier 2.

Frantic multiplayer action,

Download now!

Eats the phone battery though.

nedd wrote: »
    Played s few levels of this. Can’t say I’m enjoying it to be honest. I had expected more than a match 3 puzzler from Nintendo. (Having never played Dr. Mario before)

They probably created the genre:pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement