Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red infraction (CA/IMHO)

Options
  • 09-07-2019 5:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭

I received a infraction for

Originally Posted by Tasfasdf
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Boxing.Fan
    They werent black they just had a suntan according to one poster earlier.
    It's actually comical. How libtard do you have to be spout that ****e.

This took place in current affairs/IMHO. I was agreeing with the post I quoted.

How is the worth an infraction when other poster are constantly attacking posters they dont agree with.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Hello Tasfasdf,

Please share the PM conversation where you tried to resolve with the banning Mod, as per the flow chart above.

Copy and paste to here is fine.

Thanks,

LEIN

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Tasfasdf

LEIN wrote: »
    Hello Tasfasdf,

Please share the PM conversation where you tried to resolve with the banning Mod, as per the flow chart above.

Copy and paste to here is fine.

Thanks,

LEIN

Dear Tasfasdf,

You have been infracted for being uncivil.

Typically, this means that you are posting in a needlessly aggressive or confrontational manner being disruptive on the forum or causing stress for the other members. We don't want that here.

For more information please refer to the Boards.ie FAQ.

If you wish to appeal this infraction you can see details on how to do so here.

dudara

he told me to post here. I tried to PM on a previous infraction but he ignored the pm

Tasfasdf wrote: »
    Dear Tasfasdf,

You have been infracted for being uncivil.

Typically, this means that you are posting in a needlessly aggressive or confrontational manner being disruptive on the forum or causing stress for the other members. We don't want that here.

For more information please refer to the Boards.ie FAQ.

If you wish to appeal this infraction you can see details on how to do so here.

dudara

he told me to post here. I tried to PM on a previous infraction but he ignored the pm

I can only deal with the infraction in your OP.
    I can't go any further until you engage with the Mod to resolve this infraction.

You need to give it more time.
    We are volunteers here.

Wait for the Mods response and engage for a friendly resolution.

Post back here if it ends up resolved via PM so we can mark this as finished.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dudara
    Quote:
    I attacked the post not the poster and the forum is also called IMHO which means in my honest opinion.
    It may be your honest opinion, but there are still rules around civility and not being a d*ck. You still haven’t addresses my concern about why you think using a variant on “retard” is acceptable?
    Libtard:
    Noun
    an individual, whose thinking process has been
    rendered impaired by political correctness and the
    failure to understand that people are responsible
    for their actions and the world does not owe lazy
    or stupid people a living.

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=libtard

Please explain your problem with the world above? This is the googled meaning.

It is a variant in the word “retard” and was used in a deliberately derogatory fashion.

As you appear unable or willing to understand why this word is insulting, I am ending this discussion. You can inform the CMod in DRP that they can continue with the review.

This is the PM.

Apologies, very long day in work today.

This is a slam dunk action.

You personally insulted another member.
    You can't insult other members here and that's a site wide rule.

My advice, learn and move on.

Upheld.

• Advertisement

How do u get that an attack on a poster from that?

Do you think I am attacking the quoted post?

Tasfasdf wrote: »
    How do u get that an attack on a poster from that?

Do you think I am attacking the quoted post?

The quote was a quote of what a person had said earlier in the thread.
    So yes, you are right you attacked the quote, however, you still insulted a poster as it was their opinion.

You have a choice, accept and move on or I request an Admin to review.

I will take an admin review.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I'll review this.

Current Affairs/IMHO doesn't have many rules, the one main requirement is "don't be a dick". Referring to another poster as a "Libtard" definitely falls under the umbrella of "being a dick."

Infraction upheld.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement