Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emailed from Bank of Ireland

Options
  • 09-07-2019 9:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭

Hi I am just after getting a email from Bank of Ireland (info@boimail.com.) It looking to see if I want to sign up for cash back rewards. If I sign up its sends another email link to me and asks for my card number. Now I am very vigilant regarding giving out my card number online.

Is this a legitimate service that bank of Ireland are offering or is this someone else trying to scam me? I was always under the impression that bank of Ireland would never be looking for card number etc online like this.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Kathryne

Hi Kealyboy,

Thanks for reaching out to us here.

We appreciate your vigilance and caution. In this case, it's a genuine email from Bank of Ireland.

Bank of Ireland started offering rewards for purchases made with certain retailers early in 2018. It gives you the opportunity to earn "cashback" rewards for your shopping. You don't have to register for this but there are no charges and you could make money so it's definitely worth setting up.

I understand that Bank of Ireland will never contact you requesting any of your Banking or Online details and you are absolutely right, this is more of a gentle reminder that there is a service you aren't availing of that you may not have heard about.

Here's the link to our website where you can register for Live Life rewards https://boi.visaoffers.eu/

I hope this information helps.

Many thanks,
    Kat

Advertisement