Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I need to change my TV set up

• 09-07-2019 9:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

I switched from Virgin to Saorview & Freesat last December. I got a Amiko Mini Combo extra installed alongside the existing WD TV Play (used for netflix and accessing Sinology box). The TV is a Samsung from 2012 or earlier. I kept the Virgin Internet/Wifi.

There are a few negatives with this set up;
    1. Three remotes
    2. The amiko remote has poor response times
    3. Netflix is accessed through the WDTV play box - its cumbersome
    4. The rest of the household want to go back to Virgin for the simplicity

I'm beginning to agree that its a **** set up but as i don't watch lot of TV i'm not that pushed. Also, i'm not up to speed with the latest technology

Has anyone got any advice on how to improve the user interface, and go to one remote? I'm willing to upgrade the TV (i see some good deals on TVs in Currys, the TV cabinet limits the size to 40")

Some other questions:
    Can i upgrade the Amiko Mini?
    What is the best way to record live TV? We don't use this function right now
    I'd like to watch SkySports occasionally - should i get NowTV?
    Is Freesat a big waste of time?

Any thoughts much appreciated.

Advertisement