Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a restaurant.....

Options
  • 09-07-2019 10:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭

Would like to take my daughter and company for a nice meal the day/evening of her graduation in September.

Will be in Dublin that day, so city centre would be good,would like to stay under €50 per head, not Asian food, I honestly have no idea of where would be nice!

Any and all recommendations appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

Salamanca on St Andrews St?

Tapas menu, great food, close to lots of pub for a drink after.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Chapter One early bird?
    Still slots available at 5.00 most days.
    https://www.chapteronerestaurant.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

^^^Spurious is always good with recommends which have never let me down.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,352 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Nicest food I've had in a long, long time was in Tapas de Lola on Camden Street - you'll definitely need to book but it's really, really good, and a great atmosphere.

It's a lot less formal than Chapter One, so depends on what you're after, really. Mind you, I've never eaten in Chapter One, so can't opine on their food, or its formality!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Anyone like to recommend a good restaurant for late lunch in town for family friends from California who are making a whistle stop visit of Dublin on the 24th. Something mid price, crisp and modern with modern cuisine?

Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

La Caverna is nice in Temple Bar and nice setting.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,117 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Pearl Brasserie on Merrion Row:
    https://www.pearl-brasserie.com/menu/

Ely wine bar at the IFSC:
    http://www.elywinebar.ie/menus/#41

Marco Pierre White on Dawson Street.

Check opening hours for lunch as some places close mid-afternoon between lunch and dinner.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,721 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

Coppinger row or l'gueuleton

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Coppinger Row would be my recommendation too. Food is always great and they have a really good drinks menu too.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

It's her graduation.
    Deffo try chapter 1 or similar for early bird.
    It's not overly stuffy, just fantastic service and great food.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Dick Turnip

Chapter One would be a great shout. Pre-theatre menu is €44 per person. Max 6 people though which might not suit?

Delahunt on Camden St is one of my favourites of the last few years. €45 for 3 course meal on Fri/Sat €40 on other days. Modern Irish cuisine. I loved the interior aswell and the bar upstairs was great for a drink beforehand.

One final recommendation would be Pigs Ear on Nassau Street. They do a good value lunch/early bird menu (€30 I think).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭dragona

Wow thanks, will check those out! Difficult to choose, want to make it a memorable occasion for her.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Chapter One would be a nice way of marking the day, and they will make you feel very welcome. In a similar vein, I’d also recommend The Greenhouse and Amuse on Dawson St.

For a meal a little more modern/on-trend, I’ve realty personally enjoyed Michael’s/Little Mikes in Mount Merrion, Circa in Terenure and Craft in Harold’s Cross. Not directly in the city centre, but all a bit special. In the city centre, I’d go for The Delahunt is top notch or Mr Fox on Parnell Square

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭aquinn

Have a look at

Roberta's, fantastic spot and great food.

The Green Hen on Wicklow Street.

Featherblade, very small menu but delicious.

Chez Max I adore but might be too small.

Marco Pierre White Donnybrook. Love!

Oh and the Winding Stair.

Pichet worth having a look at.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,293 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

spurious wrote: »
    Chapter One early bird?
    Still slots available at 5.00 most days.
    https://www.chapteronerestaurant.com/

I'd go with Chapter One. I've been looking for an excuse to go back for their early bird. It's definitely a place to mark an occasion, and it's actually not as formal as people think. Early Bird is great value too

Fire @ The Mansion House
    The Grayson on Stephen's Green
    The winding stair
    Peploe's on the green

All decent fare and nice setting. Chapter One is a cut above, though, and always gets my vote. Try an Irish coffee after dinner, you won't be disappointed.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

The Green Hen on Exchequer Street is a lovely spot. Really tasty food at a reasonable price and relaxed and informal.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Havent eaten in the Green Hen in a while but always had good meals there. Its good for a mid week early bird too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Zipppy

.. the Woolen Mills overlooking halfpenny bridge..

Advertisement