Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aquabion Water Softner. Please read mod notes in this post (no. 7)

Options
  • 09-07-2019 11:40pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,434 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Anybody any experience with these?
    Considering one to help soften the water in the house. Supposedly benefits the skin, particularly when one of the kids suffers from eczema.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭wilser

It isnt a water softener, it removes limescale. Have fit a few and have only gotten good feedback. Main benefits I see are no salt, no maintenance, no dumping of water, very little space needed in comparison to water softener and can be used on potable water.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

Does it actually remove limescale, its site says it changes lime to non adhering material, but I cant see where it removes it.

I could be wrong of course:)

Just took this from there PDF, as i thought it does not remove the limescale,
    Q6: So will I still have Limescale in my water after installing an AQUABION®?

A: Yes, the minerals remain, but they will stick much less to the heating elements in your hot water cylinder, dishwasher, washing machine, electric shower etc.and it won’t clog up the pipe work. In addition,it can also help to slowly reducesome of the old scale build up in your appliances.

Did you get a quotation from an Irish supplier?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭wilser

kadman wrote: »
    Does it actually remove limescale, its site says it changes lime to non adhering material, but I cant see where it removes it.

I could be wrong of course:)

You're right, I was really answering about it not being a water softener.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 BaronyOfIda

kadman wrote: »
    Just took this from there PDF, as i thought it does not remove the limescale,

Hi, I work for the importers of Aquabion and it's not described as a Softener, it's more accurately described as a limescale treatment or conditioner. It doesn't remove limescale from the water but it does chance the chemistry of the scale to stop it sticking to everything.
    Limescale is basically Calcium - good for the body, bad for the plumbing.
    If you want to know more, best to have a read of the Aquabion Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's) that kadman quoted from. <MOD SNIP> Mod note: This thread is now 6 weeks old and your posting that link smacks of self promoting, which is against site rules. I will allow the rest of the post and close this thread.

MOD Note: At the request of a user, I am reopening this thread. Please read mod notes in this post (no. 7). and do not modify any previous posts in this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,662 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Thanks for re-opening wearb, much appreciated.

@kceire was just wondering did you go ahead and install one, if so any feedback?

Also limescale is my main problem but seeking to find out what other advantages a water softner has over the the Aquabion. Im limited for space as plan on installing an Insinkerator and too but wondering what it is the Aquabion doesnt do that water softners do extra over it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,545 ✭✭✭Clo-Clo

Hi guys, sorry to pull up this thread but I was just looking at this system. I was recommended a Aquabion S15 and just wondering how people have found them?

I have a holiday home with a water softener and it works, getting the salt etc I don't really mind. Problem is in home house the installation would have to be external and concerned about frost etc and the price of the unit due to size of house is expensive

Not huge buildup on electric items but noticeable with shower heads clogging etc. I checked with Irish water and the water is deemed Hard(result below). So just wondering if this could be an easier installation option?

Irish WaterL Current mg/l of CaC03 in your water Result: 219, Hard

Advertisement