Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overtime Payslip and Hours

Options
  • 10-07-2019 12:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

Going anon for this one.

Basically the company I work for my contracted hours are 35+. Overtime kicks in after 40 hours.

I worked extra hours last week which put my total hours for that week over 40. I was expecting to see these extra hours on my payslip and get overtime pay, however only some of the hours were on my payslip and my total hours paid that week were 39.

Got my payslip for this week and the rest of my extra hours from last week are on it, again making it just under 40 hours paid.

So essentially my employer did not pay me for the extra hours worked in last weeks payslip, he instead split them over two payslips to make it look like I did two sets of extra hours and avoided paying me overtime.

Question is, is this legal? Is there anything I can do about it?

Advertisement