Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SSE Airtricity

• 10-07-2019 8:48am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 349 ✭✭

Hi I’ve just seen that Airtricity are doing a gas boiler service with free climote heating control supplied and fitted for €99.

https://www.sseairtricity.com/ie/home/home-services/gas-boiler-service-and-climote/

I’m just wondering what do ye think of this offer? My current boiler is a old Baxi Solo 2 50pf with an old timeclock fitted externally to the boiler. The heating system and hot water is not zoned also. So basically the timeclock just operates as a on/off for both heating and hot water together.

Is it possible to get this installed on my system and would it be worth it? Also heating temp is not controlled external from the boiler (there is no room stat). Could this be a option also with the climote?

Thanks

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭DGOBS

Yes climate will do this for you, but there is a yearly fee for the internal sim (around €30 I think?)
    I find the unit somewhat outdated, but thats just my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Kazb

Hey. I got Climote installed after getting my boiler serviced with you. For the last few days the boost keeps coming in every hour - without being set, I’ve tried resetting the hub & disabling the timers but nothing works. Climote support is closer from 24/12 to 02/01 so useless. Really thinking of getting rid of this, it’s been nothing but hassle!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

Kazb wrote: »
    Hey. I got Climote installed after getting my boiler serviced with you. For the last few days the boost keeps coming in every hour - without being set, I’ve tried resetting the hub & disabling the timers but nothing works. Climote support is closer from 24/12 to 02/01 so useless. Really thinking of getting rid of this, it’s been nothing but hassle!
    You are not in contact with sse with this post. This is just a discussion/help thread started by someone just like you that also has a query and posted it here in case someone from the "general public " might help.
    I'll leave your post and perhaps someone might have an answer for you.

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

Advertisement