Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The glorious 12th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,177 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

timthumbni wrote: »
    Thinking Scooby doo here, if it wasn’t for those pesky unionists then we could have got away with it vibe off you.

You and others offer nothing to persuade unionists of the benefits of a laughably so called united ireland. That is your weakness and it will never change.

As the old wise sdlp head once said rather than bringing about a UI, the ra heads are a hinderance rather than a help

Unionist votes are on the decline election after election. Not even a majority in stormont now.The middle ground such as Alliance are picking up a a lot of it. Times are changing quite quickly recently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

I'll just leave this here...

image.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,177 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

I'll just leave this here...

image.jpg

What are you doing Matt? A Derry lad. Tim will release his rage.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,848 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

What are you doing Matt? A Derry lad. Tim will release his rage.

Two self confessed Irish men there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭janfebmar

Your mistake is that you think you are representative of 'Unionism'. You aren't.

Your mistake is you think you and your comrades are representative of "Republicanism". You are not.

• Advertisement

janfebmar wrote: »
    Your mistake is you think you and your comrades are representative of "Republicanism". You are not.

That is the internet equivalent of sticking your tongue out and going 'nah nah nah'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭janfebmar

That is the internet equivalent of sticking your tongue out and going 'nah nah nah'.

The point is I do not claim to be representative of unionism, nor does anyone here I would suspect.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,623 ✭✭✭✭downcow

Two self confessed Irish men there!

And you know as well as i do which one of them the Brits had in their pocket lol - never to be spoken of

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

You and others offer nothing to persuade unionists of the benefits of a laughably so called united ireland.

The problem for Unionists is that you're no longer a majority and you have no veto on a UI. The tables have turned and it's up to Unionists to persuade everyone else that remaining under British jurisdiction is in their interests and you are doing a truly awful job of it.

Keep up the good work.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭timthumbni

downcow wrote: »
    And you know as well as i do which one of them the Brits had in their pocket lol - never to be spoken of

Stop with the fishing downcow. You never know what you might catch.

• Advertisement

The problem for Unionists is that you're no longer a majority and you have no veto on a UI. The tables have turned and it's up to Unionists to persuade everyone else that remaining under British jurisdiction is in their interests and you are doing a truly awful job of it.

Keep up the good work.

Yes, because a MEP dancing a jig and shouting chalky ar la like a demented lunatic really encourages bridge building Ffs.

Keep up the good work indeed..

Yes, because a MEP dancing a jig and shouting chalky ar la like a demented lunatic really encourages bridge building Ffs.

It's 'tiocfaidh ar lar'. It's from the Irish language. Show some respect.
    It's an actual language of the Irish people, not some phonetically spelled slang.

You missed the point. Here it is again:

It's up to Unionists to persuade everyone else that remaining under British jurisdiction is in their interests and you are doing a truly awful job of it.

Keep up the good work.

Junkyard, you have gone off on another sectarian rant. If you were correct in your post then we would be living in a UI. I think you are calculating that everyone who is not a prod is a nationalist. Unfortunately for you, your wishful thinking won't make it happen

Junkyard, you have gone off on another sectarian rant.

Yeah, I'm a secularist, good luck with pinning the 'sectarian' label on me.

Psychological projection is a defense mechanism people subconsciously employ in order to cope with difficult feelings or emotions. Psychological projection involves projecting undesirable feelings or emotions onto someone else, rather than admitting to or dealing with the unwanted feelings.
    If you were correct in your post then we would be living in a UI. I think you are calculating that everyone who is not a prod is a nationalist. Unfortunately for you, your wishful thinking won't make it happen

You shouldn't mistake being okay with the status quo with being a unionist.

Honestly lads, ye'r making an utter balls of the north and it's as if you just can't help yourselves. The existence of NI is out of unionist hands so be nice to your neighbours.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,103 ✭✭✭Odhinn

I'd be slow to walk on any of your bridges, it has to be said.

It's an actual language of the Irish people, not some phonetically spelled slang.

Its one thing having your own langauge but the spelling cracks me up. I can't think of any other language in the world that use the English alphabet but that i could make no attempt of verbalising.
    Is there a reason theres no logic to it? Did you just throw a scrabble set in the air and make words out of how they landed?
    eg
    tiocfaidh - lets call that chucky
    siobhan - lets call that chevon and we'll say its a girls name
    We have a pile oh Hs to use up - what about Meadhbh, and we'll call it mave

I would love some of the stuff the guys were on when they made up those words lol

Odhinn wrote: »
    I'd be slow to walk on any of your bridges, it has to be said.

Listen up pal. Judging by your posting history you would be the last person I would want on my bridge anyway, so everyone’s a winner.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

janfebmar wrote: »

In fairness J there's hardly any unionist posters here who represent the community. We have someone who thinks the Shankill butchers are grand and then we have yourself, a poster that posts along unionists lines but recoils in disgust when being labelled as one. You state you never vote unionist and sometimes vote nationalist

A nationalist voting unionist and someone glorifying serial killers are hardly representative of unionism I would hope.

Its one thing having your own langauge but the spelling cracks me up. I can't think of any other language in the world that use the English alphabet but that i could make no attempt of verbalising.
    Is there a reason theres no logic to it? Did you just throw a scrabble set in the air and make words out of how they landed?
    eg
    tiocfaidh - lets call that chucky
    siobhan - lets call that chevon and we'll say its a girls name
    We have a pile oh Hs to use up - what about Meadhbh, and we'll call it mave

I would love some of the stuff the guys were on when they made up those words lol

Well you're comfortable with your ignorance anyway. Maybe education might tempt Unionists to a UI?

• Advertisement

steddyeddy wrote: »
    In fairness J there's hardly any unionist posters here who represent the community. We have someone who thinks the Shankill butchers are grand and then we have yourself, a poster that posts along unionists lines but recoils in disgust when being labelled as one. You state you never vote unionist and sometimes vote nationalist

A nationalist voting unionist and someone glorifying serial killers are hardly representative of unionism I would hope.

Steddyeddy have you ever been tested for bipolar?
    You make some very reasonable posts and then flip to some crazy stuff, and the occasional misrepresentation of other posters.
    You are difficult to keep up with.

Brexit will temp people into a United Ireland. Now it's not just a vote to unite Ireland, it's a vote to join the EU. We know that the majority in Northern Ireland favour EU membership. We also know that a leaked government report states that no deal Brexit will result in massive job losses, road blockages and disruption in trade in Northern Ireland.
    A hard border in the event of a no-deal Brexit is likely and Northern Ireland will face job losses and road blockages, according to a leaked official UK government document.

The report also outlined that trade will be severely disrupted, with the agri-food sector hit the hardest.

The UK is heading towards a constitutional crisis at home and a showdown with the EU as British Prime Minister Boris Johnson has repeatedly vowed to leave the bloc on October 31 without a deal unless it agrees to renegotiate the Brexit divorce.

I find this really weird. If the Brits [British state] had so many Provos on their payroll as well as high level SF people then why did they allow them to continue shooting RUC/UDR/BA and bowing up towns and cities in the north and Britain?

I don't think you realise the appalling vista this opens up for Unionism - you're snickering at your own people being used as pawns in the Brits' attempts to defeat the PIRA and then its former commander ends up as Deputy First Minster of NI.

Let that sink in.

I find this really weird. If the Brits [British state] had so many Provos on their payroll as well as high level SF people then why did they allow them to continue shooting RUC/UDR/BA and bowing up towns and cities in the north and Britain?

I don't think you realise the appalling vista this opens up for Unionism - you're snickering at your own people being used as pawns in the Brits' attempts to defeat the PIRA and then its former commander ends up as Deputy First Minster of NI.

Let that sink in.

Yea indeed. I never got that sort of gloating. You're bragging about the "Brits" paying someone to be in the IRA and kill members of the British army and unionist community? Surely that tells you everything you need to know about what the Brits think of Northern Ireland.

Junkyard, you have gone off on another sectarian rant. If you were correct in your post then we would be living in a UI. I think you are calculating that everyone who is not a prod is a nationalist. Unfortunately for you, your wishful thinking won't make it happen

No, but NI being dragged out of the EU against the will of the majority will make it a reality.

Let that sink in.

It's more than fabulous, when you think about it.

Let's imagine the reverse.

"ha ha the Irish government were actually paying loyalists to bomb Dublin". We got you there Downcow!

I mean that's essentially the position isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,911 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Tiocfaidh Ar Lar?

Post of the day, Matt.

Correcting phonetically spelled slang with incorrectly spelled Irish. You couldn't make it up.

blanch152 wrote: »
    Tiocfaidh Ar Lar?

Post of the day, Matt.

Correcting phonetically spelled slang with incorrectly spelled Irish. You couldn't make it up.

The poster in question was deliberately being derogatory to the native language and another poster misspelled it. Yet you single out the poster that made a mistake.

• Advertisement

steddyeddy wrote: »
    The poster in question was deliberately being derogatory to the native language and another poster misspelled it. Yet you single out the poster that made a mistake.

blanch has sunk to white knighting for the Gregory Campbell's of this world. :)

Advertisement