Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The glorious 12th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,848 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

timthumbni wrote: »
    I know that certain posters laugh at the death of unionists. They certainly wouldn’t to peoples faces. But that’s Irish republicans for you.

Ira so called safe house. Imagine that. Nonce city.

You are the guy on here positively drooling that dissidents killed somebody.

Have you no shame at all?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭armaghlad

downcow wrote: »
    My 26 year old daughter had it on when I came in
    BBC 1
    I’ll tell you truth. It takes me back and makes me angry. I guess the secret is to be able to transfer my anger and hurt watching this to empathy for the other side murdered. Not easy but.
    Is that the one about the paedophile?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭timthumbni

armaghlad wrote: »

I take it it’s about Gerry’s brother then?

trashcan wrote: »
    But I don't think anybody has ever suggested that Bloody Sunday was more important, or a worse act, or more barbaric. The difference is that there was nothing stopping the authorities fully investigating those crimes and bringing those involved to account. Bloody Sunday on the other hand, though you probably won't accept this, was essentially State sanctioned murder (or at the least State covered up.). Would you not accept that's why Bloody Sunday took on such significance ?

Until it is known and more importantly accepted who all the players were in the conflict/war, proper healing can not begin.

We owe those who eventually; faced with the entire state apparatus - from the judiciary to the police to the government - against them, actively blackening their names and intimidating them, a deep deep debt of gratitude for sticking with it.

Is it about Gerry’s brother?
    If it’s the one I’m thinking about it’s about one of the English Royal Family, Tim. Not the Duke of York, incase you are confused.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

it makes me a wee bit angry that these deaths haven’t had £100m enquiries followed by prosecutions

Enquiry for what? It was treated a terrorist crime and I presume investigated as such.

Unlike the Paras that were killed at Narrow Water the victims of their colleagues in 1972 in Derry were blamed for their own deaths. The enquiry was about finding the victims of the Paratroopers innocent.

You can blame the British Army for lying if you're pissed off about the enquiry.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,623 ✭✭✭✭downcow

trashcan wrote: »
    But I don't think anybody has ever suggested that Bloody Sunday was more important, or a worse act, or more barbaric. The difference is that there was nothing stopping the authorities fully investigating those crimes and bringing those involved to account. Bloody Sunday on the other hand, though you probably won't accept this, was essentially State sanctioned murder (or at the least State covered up.). Would you not accept that's why Bloody Sunday took on such significance ?

I appreciate honest dialogue. I don’t agree. I believe the Bloody Sunday thing is exactly the same as Ian paisley when he said the ira need to wear sack cloth and ashes. This is republicans trying the get the British to wear sack cloth and ashes.
    I honestly believe if the Brit gov could have slid out of here any time in the last 50 years then they would have been away. They done what they felt they needed to do to support us all here. That included £4 billion per year. Their young men were killed and maimed here. Yes they got it wrong on several occasions but I am indebted to them, and more importantly to the young people who give their lives holding the line here. And 18 of them were slaughtered in one day 40 years ago today. Tonight my heart goes out to their mothers sisters kids and I get very angry with the scum who took there lives (and yet I try to understand that they were also doing what their warped minds told them was right).
    We need to find a way to acknowledge eaches pain and hurt.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,165 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Just sitting watching documentary on the work of the ira this day 40 years ago.
    Such slaughter All ambushed by cowards.
    I will confess it makes me a wee bit angry that these deaths haven’t had £100m enquiries followed by prosecutions of J118 etc for their involvement.
    20 something dead. Including men, women, and children. Why is Bloody Sunday more important than this.
    The murderers were able to hang around after the attack to attack the back up because they were in roi. And we talk about collusion etc. They couldn’t have waited if they were in the uk. What does that say.
    ... and people can attack the memorial regularly and rip up the poppy wreaths etc and very little said about it. Yet a 3 inch wing on a slieve and everyone is jumping up and down.
    It is time those involved in BS showed some compassion for equality of treatment of others murdered

Ahh back to pot shots at Bloody Sunday you do know why so much money was spent right?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,177 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

My reverse downcow post..

I was watching a documentary on the shankill butchers. How can so many people from one community be so sadistic to torture and murder over a number of days innocent people just walking down the street, what they did to those individuals is so grotesque it’s beyond barbaric.

And to think one of those individuals having been released was then marching down the street in orange parades wearing his sash. It makes you think..

I appreciate honest dialogue. I don’t agree. I believe the Bloody Sunday thing is exactly the same as Ian paisley when he said the ira need to wear sack cloth and ashes. This is republicans trying the get the British to wear sack cloth and ashes.
    I honestly believe if the Brit gov could have slid out of here any time in the last 50 years then they would have been away. They done what they felt they needed to do to support us all here. That included £4 billion per year. Their young men were killed and maimed here. Yes they got it wrong on several occasions but I am indebted to them, and more importantly to the young people who give their lives holding the line here. And 18 of them were slaughtered in one day 40 years ago today. Tonight my heart goes out to their mothers sisters kids and I get very angry with the scum who took there lives (and yet I try to understand that they were also doing what their warped minds told them was right).

Just few posts ago you were taunting and laughing about them allowing their young men to be killed.

You, tim and janfebmar have been fairly exposed as a tag team of hypocrisy tonight and no mistake.

• Advertisement

If it’s the one I’m thinking about it’s about one of the English Royal Family, Tim. Not the Duke of York, incase you are confused.

No idea if he was or not. Thinking that the Irish republican method of murdering the 2 wee children was a bit extreme though wasn’t it? Even Liam Adams wouldn’t have done that ffs.

No paedophile on this programme but child abuse at its most extreme. Innocent children blew to bits by the ira. I’m sure given the choice they would rather have suffered at the hands of a paedo

So the Brits created a mess, couldn’t find a way to slide out of it..thanks downcow!

They done what they felt they needed to do to support us all here. That included £4 billion per year. Their young men were killed and maimed here.

I think if the British public had been fully aware of the nature of the rotten sectarian statelet they were propping up they'd have been furious.

I have quite a bit of sympathy for the regular British squaddie sent over to the north to prop up the sectarian RUC and UDR who I have a lot less sympathy for.

I think if the British public had been fully aware of the nature of the rotten sectarian statelet they were propping up they'd have been furious.

I have quite a bit of sympathy for the regular British squaddie sent over to the north to prop up the sectarian RUC and UDR who I have a lot less sympathy for.

Good point. The RUC/UDR was rotten to its core.

The bitterness is literally seeping out here. If only keyboard warriors could bring about a so called UI then you and francie would be the biggest men in paddyville.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,165 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

No paedophile on this programme but child abuse at its most extreme. Innocent children blew to bits by the ira. I’m sure given the choice they would rather have suffered at the hands of a paedo

Both Republicans and Loyalists were bad for that it is called punishment beatings

Or the 3 poor Quinn boys burnt out of their homes because some men could not march down some road where they were not welcome.

Shooting pregnant woman in as her child slept

They are as bad as each other stop trying to point score over bad deaths

My reverse downcow post..

I was watching a documentary on the shankill butchers. How can so many people from one community be so sadistic to torture and murder over a number of days innocent people just walking down the street, what they did to those individuals is so grotesque it’s beyond barbaric.

And to think one of those individuals having been released was then marching down the street in orange parades wearing his sash. It makes you think..

You need to answer the question I asked you before I’ll engage in this.
    ie do you think people like M McG should be thrown out of the gaa, sf, etc. It’s a very simple question. The ira took 3 days to torture and kill their victims. I don’t think the even Shankhill butchers reached that barbaric level.

I spoke to quite a few at checkpoints over the years. Most of them hadn't a clue what they were involved in and one guy told me his mother cried when he got news he was going to NI.

Sad really.

Just few posts ago you were taunting and laughing about them allowing their young men to be killed.

You, tim and janfebmar have been fairly exposed as a tag team of hypocrisy tonight and no mistake.

That’s pretty offensive lies. I guess you must have been rattled to descend to that level

• Advertisement

The bitterness is literally seeping out here.

I've nothing to be bitter about Tim. You're the one who seems to be pickled with anger.

Must be difficult for you seeing all them uppity Fenians around the place these days, eh?

No idea if he was or not. Thinking that the Irish republican method of murdering the 2 wee children was a bit extreme though wasn’t it? Even Liam Adams wouldn’t have done that ffs.
    Yeah murdering children is reprehensible. Unionist paramilitaries and British soldiers seemed to be quite good at it

You need to answer the question I asked you before I’ll engage in this.
    ie do you think people like M McG should be thrown out of the gaa, sf, etc. It’s a very simple question. The ira took 3 days to torture and kill their victims. I don’t think the even Shankhill butchers reached that barbaric level.

I suggest you read what the butchers actually did to victims. It’s is beyond sick.

That’s pretty offensive lies. I guess you must have been rattled to descend to that level

You accused the British government of sanctioning killings of their own troops and then you looked for sympathy for them saying this:
    Their young men were killed and maimed here.

No lies there downcow.

I spoke to quite a few at checkpoints over the years. Most of them hadn't a clue what they were involved in and one guy told me his mother cried when he got news he was going to NI.

Sad really.

Imagine being sent to the 'Dreary Steeples of Fermanagh and Tyrone' as a naive young British lad who joined up to see the world. What a nightmare.

Yeah murdering children is reprehensible. Unionist paramilitaries and British soldiers seemed to be quite good at it

Tim would love to have been deployed in Derry i’d say in the good old RUC days.

Good point. The RUC/UDR was rotten to its core.

You see this is where you need to get real. I have many friends who have served in ruc and udr. Indeed there were 30 boys in my o level class and 10 of them joined the ruc.
    They were good people doing there best in the face of horrendous violence

You have just said my friends were rotten to the core. How would you feel if I said the people on the streets of Derry on bloody sundry were rotten to the core.
    I wouldn’t say it because I know the majority were good people. And yes there were terrorists like M McG knocking about but most were good people.
    Think about your disgraceful outburst

Imagine being sent to the 'Dreary Steeples of Fermanagh and Tyrone' as a naive young British lad who joined up to see the world. What a nightmare.

A unionist farmer I have the odd pint with described it as like the yanks being dropped into Vietnam, they hadn't a clue who the enemy was most of the time. I'd say there wasn't too many that were sad to be sailing away on HMS Whatever after their tour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭gwalk

Tim would love to have been deployed in Derry i’d say in the good old RUC days.

Getting paid to shoot taigs in Derry

Tim's fantasy

• Advertisement

You see this is where you need to get real. I have many friends who have served in ruc and udr. Indeed there were 30 boys in my o level class and 10 of them joined the ruc.
    They were good people doing there best in the face of horrendous violence

You have just said my friends were rotten to the core. How would you feel if I said the people on the streets of Derry on bloody sundry were rotten to the core.
    I wouldn’t say it because I know the majority were good people. And yes there were terrorists like M McG knocking about but most were good people.
    Think about your disgraceful outburst

It was disbanded. No further proof required. It colluded with the state and had well documented shoot to kill policies. Thankfully it’s gone.

Were all Nazi soldiers bad? No. It was still rotten to its core though.

Advertisement