Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The glorious 12th

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭janfebmar

RobMc59 wrote: »
    Didn't notorious dev have that very picture on his wall..

Nothing would surprise me about Dev, after all no other leader of a country in the world expressed condolences to Germany on the death of Hitler, only weeks after the concentration camps were liberated and the horrors fully revealed to the world. He had no excuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭trashcan

janfebmar wrote: »
    compared to Develeras prisons, where he executed 6 captured IRA prisoners.

But I thought you were all in favour of that, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Nothing would surprise me about Dev, after all no other leader of a country in the world expressed condolences to Germany on the death of Hitler, only weeks after the concentration camps were liberated and the horrors fully revealed to the world. He had no excuse.

Don't forget your story about how pilots threw sh1t over Ireland!

steddyeddy wrote: »
    As a result of the famine we're the only country in Europe who's population is less than it was 150 years ago.

The famine was more than 150 years ago, closer to 170 years ago. And other European countries had famines too.

trashcan wrote: »

J is depending on the thread. He can go from Sinn Fein voter to unionist voter depending who is on the thread.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

You keep repeating this like it's a dark secret or folk are denying it.
    He called around to the German ambassadors house.

trashcan wrote: »

Who you think treated captured pira prisoners better, Mrs Thatcher or DeVerera? Why did the Republican propaganda machine not label Dev as the Iron man, seeing as he killed captured IRA prisoners and Mrs Thatcher was much softer and did not?

The famine was more than 150 years ago, closer to 170 years ago. And other European countries had famines too.

Grand so. Did you say that about terrorist attacks during 9/11?

Sorry J I'm forgetting that this is a conversation that's not really rooted in reality. Ireland's population rose after the famine. Is that better?

J is depending on the thread. He can go from Sinn Fein voter to unionist voter depending who is on the thread.

Rubbish.

• Advertisement

Grand so. Did you say that about terrorist attacks during 9/11?

Say what about terrorist attacks during 9/11???

Who you think treated captured pira prisoners better, Mrs Thatcher or DeVerera? Why did the Republican propaganda machine not label Dev as the Iron man, seeing as he killed captured IRA prisoners and Mrs Thatcher was much softer and did not?

In fairness J the Republican agenda machine is working fantastically! They've even got you referring to Northern Ireland as the 6 counties and voting nationalist. If that's not a success what is?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭trashcan

So that makes Dev a better leader than Thatcher in your book, no? (Thatcher that well known bleeding heart btw :D)

Say what about terrorist attacks during 9/11???

'Other countries had terrorist attacks too'?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,848 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Sorry J I'm forgetting that this is a conversation that's not really rooted in reality. Ireland's population rose after the famine. Is that better?

I thought we had seen 'peak' deluded defences of the 'realm', but the last few pages have utterly thrown that out the window. Bizarre stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

How many hunger strikers died on Maggie's watch?

Or how many died in her shoot to kill policy?

At least Dev had a trial before he executed.

In fairness J the Republican agenda machine is working fantastically! They've even got you referring to Northern Ireland as the 6 counties and voting nationalist. If that's not a success what is?

I usually refer to N. Ireland as N Ireland. Nobody can deny there are 6 counties in N Ireland, of course there are.

And as regards voting, there is not a big choice south of the border. Sometimes, the choice is not to vote at all or else vote for the least nationalist candidate, whose economic policies may at least be agreeable and reasonable. There is a lot more to politics that just the national question, you know.

Under the watch of the Republican leadership you mean? They wanted them to die. Mrs T. did not, as it raised the temperature in N Ireland.

The penny dropped yet?

At least Dev had a trial before he executed.

And Mrs T. had trials and found a lot more pIRA men and women guilty than Dev did. Yet was there ever a miscarriage of justice under her watch / an innocent person wrongfully convicted? She did not execute her prisoners, Dev did.

Why does the Republican propaganda machine not rename Dev the Iron Man and Mrs T the soft lady?

• Advertisement

And Mrs T. had trials and found a lot more pIRA men and women guilty than Dev did. Yet was there ever a miscarriage of justice under her watch / an innocent person wrongfully convicted? She did not execute her prisoners, Dev did.

Why does the Republican propaganda machine not rename Dev the Iron Man and Mrs T the soft lady?

That would be a yes.

Gerry_Conlon_release.jpg?t=1564736850

_51638784_bhamsixphotoonline.jpg

You're obsessed with Dev :)

That would be a yes.

Gerry_Conlon_release.jpg?t=1564736850

_51638784_bhamsixphotoonline.jpg

Jan ain't having a good day. :)

If I were a Unionist I'd be thinking she was a double agent :)

I am having a great day. Name any trials under her watch where people were wrongfully tried? found guilty and imprisoned.

Did the comrades ever have a trial before putting a bomb under someone's family car or shooting them in the back while off duty?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,177 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

Takes more positions than the Kama sutra.

If I were a Unionist I'd be thinking she was a double agent :)

I actually don't know of a Unionist that has the selective view of history that janfebmar has...and that is saying something when you think about what some of them believe.

Takes more positions than the Kama sutra.

Same position, yet I always beat you in debating. So easy, considering the views you have.

Same position, yet I always beat you in debating. So easy, considering the views you have.

Yeh,I am sure Rob will be along to claim you are wiping the floors again. :)

Honestly, trying to vindicate Maggie after the hames you made trying to deny British concentration camps is priceless.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,177 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

A debate is not about views but the persuasiveness of your argument. On that note j I bid thee adieu.

• Advertisement

I actually don't know of a Unionist that has the selective view of history that janfebmar has...and that is saying something when you think about what some of them believe.

I don't know of a unionist who voted nationalist and calls Northern Ireland the 6 counties.

Advertisement