Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The glorious 12th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,831 ✭✭✭RobMc59

janfebmar wrote: »
    No, I am saying you, who has an extraordinary interest in politics, were and are not credible when you claimed you "would not have a clue who is protestant in our present government." It had to be pointed out to you only the well regarded long serving Government Minister in your constinuency...

I am not anti Jewish or anything, but out of general knowledge I would have known who the Jewish politicians were in Ireland over the past few decades. And I respect them. If I had a track record of say 20,000 posts about Jews and Ireland , it would not be credible to say I would not have a clue who any Jewish politicians were, especially if one was minister in my own constituency.

I forgot janfebmar...shouldn't that be a cause of rejoicing for somebody pointing the finger ad nauseum at 'sectarian extremist republicans'?

The fact is, that despite you keeping headcounts of the various religions of our public reps, it doesn't matter anymore, even in a border constituency.

The world has moved on janfebmar and we need to work towards a day when you, downcow, Rob etc also forget the religions of public representatives.
    That's a very noble sentiment francie but perhaps you should sort your own sectarian clusterf*ck up before pontificating about everyone else's failings-the ugly face of republican bigotry is unfortunately still alive and well in Monaghan.
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/fire-damages-paisley-s-only-free-presbyterian-church-in-republic-1.203024

• Registered Users Posts: 68,842 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

RobMc59 wrote: »
    That's a very noble sentiment francie but perhaps you should sort your own sectarian clusterf*ck up before pontificating about everyone else's failings-the ugly face of republican bigotry is unfortunately still alive and well in Monaghan.
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/fire-damages-paisley-s-only-free-presbyterian-church-in-republic-1.203024

1999 Rob?

A 40 year old killing and a sectarian arson attack from 1999???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭gwalk

1999 Rob?

thats some real good clutching at straws there from English Bob

1999 Rob?

So have those people responsible for that disappeared?Once a bigoted sectarian always a bigoted sectarian imo..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

So have those people responsible for that disappeared?Once a bigoted sectarian always a bigoted sectarian imo..

Not true. Ian paisley was a lifelong bigoted sectarian. And on his deathbed converted to Catholicism. His wife panicking asked why? And he replied ‘better one of themmuns dying than one of us!’

Sectarian Bigot til his last breath.

• Advertisement

thank you firstly for proving my point about needing to 'keep sectarianism alive' Rob. You couldn't have done it anymore profoundly than reaching for an article you thought had some currency.

Do I need to point to Ian Paisley to tell you that a bigoted, sectarian person can moderate, even an extreme one like Ian Paisley was?

gwalk wrote: »
    1999 Rob?

thats some real good clutching at straws there from English Bob
    I'm currently enjoying a break in the Laggan,my ancestral home :)

Here’s a dup member reacting outrageously to the Good Friday agreement being signed. Just watch. It’s astounding. Lovely people. (Sarcasm)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭janfebmar

Gerry says "they have not gone away y' know".

Francie says they never existed.

Gerry says "they have not gone away y' know".

Watch that video jan. Wonder what religion she is? Would you happen to know?

• Advertisement

With no answers...janfebmar begins the lies. QED

With no answers...janfebmar begins the lies. QED
    And francie imagines it so it's gospel.

Watch that video jan. Wonder what religion she is? Would you happen to know?

Ask Francie. He says he would not have a clue what religion any politician is, nor does he care.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Fionn1952

1999 Rob?

Honestly, Rob....you know that pointing out something that happened 20 years ago as evidence that sectarianism is, 'alive and well' is awfully weak.

Would pointing out a racist incident from your own hometown 20 years ago suggest racism is alive and kicking there? (I have no idea where that hometown is, so I have no idea what incidents happened there 20 years ago, of course.)

You can do better than that!

Ask Francie. He says he would not have a clue what religion any politician is, nor does he care.

Did it watch it though? The DUP violently against the GFA. Now pretending Dublin is trying to tear it up when in fact it’s Westminster trying to.

The hypocrisy eh?

They still haven’t signed up to it and want to see the peace destroyed.

On the anniversary of his death it appears Mountbatten was a kiddie fiddler.

https://twitter.com/irish_news/status/1165998583834767365?s=21

In the south janfebmar.

But unfortunately in the north there are politicians and organisations who keep religion front and centre. Who equate Protestantism with Unionism.

That is were they differ from southern protestants. My wife, children are proud protestants and her family are too. But they are not, emphatically, Unionists or Orange. The claim that there is a connection, frankly, embarrasses them.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,901 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

On the anniversary of his death it appears Mountbatten was a kiddie fiddler.

https://twitter.com/irish_news/status/1165998583834767365?s=21

And that is relevant how?

Does it mean the IRA were justified in blowing him and his family up?

blanch152 wrote: »

Well Jan and her pals frequently like to bring up the same about Jurry and yer man accused of same in SF

For balance the queens cousin was a pediphile.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Fionn1952

Well Jan and her pals frequently like to bring up the same about Jurry and yer man accused of same in SF

Ah come on now, it's still low-grade, irrelevant gloating and getting one over at, 'themmuns'.

You're not the only person guilty of it, but let's not pretend it's anything else!

• Advertisement

Ah I’m all for the peace and love tbh.

I think Gerry's brother was actually convicted, after Gerry told lies about what he knew.

While I believe the stories about Mountbatten, it has nothing to do with why he was blown up, and unfortunately he was never convicted for his crimes.

But the stories told by Mairia Cahill and Paudie McGahon are both more credible and involve allegations about people currently representing Sinn Fein rather than people who are dead.

I think Gerry's brother was actually convicted, after Gerry told lies about what he knew.

I think he was convicted because he abused his daughter. Not because Gerry 'told lies'.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭Imreoir2

The geographically accepted lexicon for these islands is the British Isles.

Accepted by whom? It is not used by the Irish government, the term British and Irish Isles is used. The only reason some people seem keen to hang on to that old term is to bolster the claim that Ireland is somehow British for being in the so-called "British Isles".

Imreoir2 wrote: »
    Accepted by whom? It is not used by the Irish government, the term British and Irish Isles is used. The only reason some people seem keen to hang on to that old term is to bolster the claim that Ireland is somehow British for being in the so-called "British Isles".

Accepted by pretty much everybody except the Irish government. American and other atlases all show the British Isles.

Are we really doing this again? It’s really rather pathetic. It’s weak as piss point scoring tbh insisting Ireland is somehow British cos the islands are called British isles.

Jaysis

Blanch you just insisted in the other thread that NI folks aren’t our country men. It’s a different country.

By your own logic we aren’t part of the British isles. We’re a different country

Ffs

Are we really doing this again? It’s really rather pathetic. It’s weak as piss point scoring tbh insisting Ireland is somehow British cos the islands are called ...

It is a geographical term, not a political term. eg the gulf stream comes from the coast of America towards the British Isles. That statement does not offend the Canadians or Mexicans and should not offend us.

Accepted by pretty much everybody except the Irish government. American and other atlases all show the British Isles.

When are you gonna shake off the hat doffing deference thing blanch?

A 2018 world map produced in Pennslyvannia...No British Isles. yet all other 'island groups are marked and given their name.And you could make the case it is a British centric map if you look at 'Londonderry'.

Why is that? Because it is a redundant anachronistic term.

https://estaminet-de-lorette.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/d560336eff6ac6cf2509b061ca2c72e6.jpg

It is a geographical term, not a political term. eg the gulf stream comes from the coast of America towards the British Isles. That statement does not offend the Canadians or Mexicans and should not offend us.

Rather desperate that anyone woukd cling to such a term to reaffirm their identity or Britishness

Are they really that insecure?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Scoundrel

While I believe the stories about Mountbatten, it has nothing to do with why he was blown up, and unfortunately he was never convicted for his crimes.

But the stories told by Mairia Cahill and Paudie McGahon are both more credible and involve allegations about people currently representing Sinn Fein rather than people who are dead.

The whole thing about Gerrys brother is extremely dodgy I mean Adams definitely knew before he says he did and allowed that scumbag to continue on in SF for many years after and the RUC knew from 1987 as well and brought no charges why? I can only surmise that they used Liam as an informer i.e we'll tell everyone what you are if you don't work for us its an extremely dodgy situation.

Advertisement