Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The glorious 12th

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

janfebmar wrote: »
    The video shows one person against the GFA, big deal, so what? You do not know what has gone on in her life -she could have lost her nearest and dearest, and the GFA would mean anyone convicted and jailed for the murder would be released?

The families who lost loved ones had nothing to do with any violence and were peacefully protesting in Derry that weekend and were shot by British forces could ask the same.
    And
    Sean Russell was one guy acting outside and without the permission of the Irish state.

Hasn’t stopped you making your ridiculous argument ireland. all of it. collaborated with nazis.

I can quote you if you like.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,842 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

The video shows one person against the GFA, big deal, so what? You do not know what has gone on in her life -she could have lost her nearest and dearest, and the GFA would mean anyone convicted and jailed for the murder would be released?

Thousands of people lost love ones janfebmar...many of them welcomed the GFA and knew the sacrifices involved on all sides.
    The DUP never accepted it, but are now trying to use it to get out of their self created pickle, while hoping for an end to it too.

Hypocrites?

Jan You’re conventionally trying to shift focus away from the action of a dup member in living memory screaming against the Good Friday agreement and trying disregard it.
    Yet you constantly bring up long gone history and warp and distort it as relevant to what’s happening now.

It’s completely ok to just say ok I was wrong doing that. I admit it. Let’s move on.

You won’t though.

Ruth Patterson, the woman screaming against the Good Friday peace accord in the video above, is still an active DUP member albeit suspended for a serious false allegation she made.

So that’s just one example of DUP being aggressively opposed to the peace on this island and she’s still a member of that party.
    Isn’t that a bit strange
    But I wonder what downcow would say.

Belfast councillor Ruth Patterson to be sanctioned for linking football club to senior republican

https://www.irishnews.com/news/northernirelandnews/2019/02/26/news/belfast-councillor-ruth-patterson-to-be-sanctioned-for-linking-football-club-to-senior-republican-1560168/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭janfebmar

Hasn’t stopped you making your ridiculous argument ireland. all of it. collaborated with nazis.

I never said all of Ireland collaborated with the Nazis. Quite the opposite, actually. Something like 100,000 joined in the fight against the Nazis.

Jan You’re conventionally trying to shift focus away from the action of a dup member in living memory screaming against the Good Friday agreement and trying disregard it.

The video shows a dup member against the Good Friday agreement, there was no law in being against the GFA. People were even given a choice to vote for it or not.

• Advertisement

I never said all of Ireland collaborated with the Nazis. Quite the opposite, actually. Something like 100,000 joined in the fight against the Nazis.

The video shows a dup member against the Good Friday agreement, there was no law in being against the GFA. People were even given a choice to vote for it or not.

You have repeatedly supported and defended those against the Good Friday agreement though
    And countless endless spinning away from the topic.
    I can quote you

I have more. Have all your posts saved.

No back up? Cos theyre all banned maybe? cant imagine why that might be

You have repeatedly supported and defended those against the Good Friday agreement though
    I can quote you

Rubbish. I defended the right of those to vote for the gfa or not, and I understood why some voted against the gfa, but that is not the same as what you claim. I actually voted for the gfa myself, as I said before. You really are pathetic, the way you stalk me and make false claims attacking me.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,901 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

The families who lost loved ones had nothing to do with any violence and were peacefully protesting in Derry that weekend and were shot by British forces could ask the same.
    And
    Sean Russell was one guy acting outside and without the permission of the Irish state.

Nobody has made the argument that all of Ireland colllaborated with the Nazis. What has been said, and this is pretty much a historical fact, is that the IRA, through their leader Sean Russell, collaborated with the Nazis.

Now I know that some of you good republicans confuse the difference between the IRA and the Irish state but the rest of us don’t.
    I can quote you

You have all his/her posts saved? That is some seriously weird behaviour, dude. Have you thought of seeing someone, that kind of obsessive stalkery behaviour can’t be healthy for you.

blanch152 wrote: »
    Nobody has made the argument that all of Ireland colllaborated with the Nazis. What has been said, and this is pretty much a historical fact, is that the IRA, through their leader Sean Russell, collaborated with the Nazis.

Now I know that some of you good republicans confuse the difference between the IRA and the Irish state but the rest of us don’t.

Nicely ignoring the comments and obsession with Dev among a certain few on here...should be 'disowned' according to some.

You have all his/her posts saved? That is some seriously weird behaviour, dude. Have you thought of seeing someone, that kind of obsessive stalkery behaviour can’t be healthy for you.

You’re contradicting your own may posts on the matter in this one post. The IRA were not the Irish state and Sean Russell wasn’t the IRA either despite being a member. You have previously called him a traitor. To who? He was looking for guns to use against the brits. In 1933. Almost a decade before anyone was aware what the nazis were up to.
    Your precious British government were actively trying to appease the same German government at the same time.
    Something you conveniently forget or choose to ignore despite it being pointed out to you sometimes in simple terms and sometimes in great detail by previous posters.

You don’t have to save posts you can flag them within the accounts previous posting history. You just used it on one of mine yesterday do you not remember?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,901 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

You’re contradicting your own may posts on the matter in this one post. The IRA were not the Irish state and Sean Russell wasn’t the IRA either despite being a member. You have previously called him a traitor. To who? He was looking for guns to use against the brits. In 1933. Almost a decade before anyone was aware what the nazis were up to.
    Your precious British government were actively trying to appease the same German government at the same time.
    Something you conveniently forget or choose to ignore despite it being pointed out to you sometimes in simple terms and sometimes in great detail by previous posters.

Sean Russell was a traitor to the Irish State - he was attempting to overthrow the legitimate government and replace it with a Nazi puppet regime.

1933? Not the IRA?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Se%C3%A1n_Russell

"From 1922 until his death on board a Kriegsmarine U-Boat in 1940 he remained a senior member and chief of staff of the IRA."

"Claiming to be the legitimate government of the Irish Republic, in January 1939, the Army Council under Russell's leadership declared war on the United Kingdom in alliance with Nazi Germany."

Get real.

You don’t have to save posts you can flag them within the accounts previous posting history. You just used it on one of mine yesterday do you not remember?

Yes, anyone can do that, but you said

"I have more. Have all your posts saved.

No back up? Cos theyre all banned maybe? cant imagine why that might be"

If posts were deleted, then you couldn't access them from within the accounts previous posting history. You were clearly claiming something different.

Now either you were completely spoofing and attempting to intimidate that poster, or you are a seriously weird stalker. I don't care which.

Sean Russell was a traitor to the Irish State - he was attempting to overthrow the legitimate government and replace it with a Nazi puppet regime.

1933? Not the IRA?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Se%C3%A1n_Russell

There is no evidence there that he collaborated with anything the Nazis were doing. He used them as arms dealers...much the same as the Nazis used American and British arms dealers(who in turn allowed themselves to be used for profit) in contravention of the Treaty of Versailles during the same period.

blanch being a sensationalist again about a minor incident in history. Quelle Surprise.

You do like moving the goal posts blanch I’ll give you that.
    The poster I was referring to is constantly mining peoples posting history and constantly denies saying things that are clearly there in their own posts. And constantly misrepresenting what everyone says.
    It’s Tiresome and disrupts what could be a good conversation but I don’t believe that account is even from these isles, either of them. Reported it several times but the account seems oddly immune to moderation. Fair enough it’s probably not a big deal. So you can only do what you can in response.

The poster I was referring to is constantly mining peoples posting history and constantly denies saying things that are clearly there in their own posts. And constantly misrepresenting what everyone says.

Absolute rubbish. I do not stalk people like you do. Just because I disagree with you and a few others does not mean I "misrepresent what everyone says".

I am very much from the Republic of Ireland, born here and living here. You do not have to be a Wolfe Tone singing Republican speaking Irish and dancing at the crossroads to be Irish.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

A British king collaborated with the Nazis. By your logic the monarchy as a whole will be Hitler fanatics.

steddyeddy wrote: »
    A British king collaborated with the Nazis.

Was that long before war was declared or during the war. Define collaboration: was he on a u- boat trying to smuggle guns?
    During the war British royalty played a small part in trying to fight the Nazis, for example in keeping up morale, and the Queen was a mechanic. Not for the Nazis, for the British.

Absolute rubbish. I do not stalk people like you do. Just because I disagree with you and a few others does not mean I "misrepresent what everyone says".

I am very much from the Republic of Ireland, born here and living here. You do not have to be a Wolfe Tone singing Republican speaking Irish and dancing at the crossroads to be Irish.

You are an Irish person who demeans EVERYTHING Irish when compared to the UK.
    Who defends one side of the conflict in NI...right from Carson (who was probably afraid of being overrun by rabid Republicans) to various DUP stances to the likes of Willie Frazer.
    An 'Irish person' who doesn't seemed to have grasped who the Nationalist parties are.
    Who is routinely ashamed of how her country was born and who pines routinely for the colonial era.
    And who doesn't seem to understand the import of using the term 'the 6 Counties'.

I can safely say, even allowing for the existence of people like Ruth Dudley Edwards, Eoghan Harris, John Bruton etc that I am not aware of another 'Irish' person like you. You bear all the hallmarks of somebody who might identify as British.

You (Stop moaning ffs) have all his/her posts saved? That is some seriously weird behaviour, dude. Have you thought of seeing someone, that kind of obsessive stalkery behaviour can’t be healthy for you.

I see "Stop moaning ffs"has deleted his offending post now from this morning.

Was that long before war was declared or during the war. Define collaboration: was he on a u- boat trying to smuggle guns?
    During the war British royalty played a small part in trying to fight the Nazis, for example in keeping up morale, and the Queen was a mechanic. Not for the Nazis, for the British.

Had the British not 'collaborated' by appeasement the Germans wouldn't have had a U-Boat. :rolleyes:

You are an Irish person who demeans EVERYTHING Irish .

No Francie, just everything extremist Republican. There is a big difference. The rest of your personal rant is wrong too. I would historically label all parties who want a United Ireland as nationalist parties : this includes FG, FF, SDLP, Labour etc. You may not look on them as nationalist parties but that is your problem. And I have often voted for one of those parties, mainly for reasons to do with the economy etc.

• Advertisement

I see "Stop moaning ffs"has deleted his offending post now from this morning.

Didn’t delete anything Jan

Had the British not 'collaborated' by appeasement the Germans wouldn't have had a U-Boat. :rolleyes:

They had submarines long before your claimed "collaboration by appeasement". Ask the relatives of people sunk off Kinsale.

Apologies, post no 4717. The post where you admitted stalking me and having all my posts saved.

You’d wonder is all this looking back and the whole culture of themmuns on both sides which is so deeply rooted up north especially, contributing to the blindness and seemingly unawareness of the catastrophe that is coming through brexit. I follow all the main media accounts up north and it’s rarely spoken about. The internal politics and ongoing corruption scandals seem to dominate the headlines.
    Totally agree we have to know our history in order to not repeat it but that doesn’t seem to be the case up north.

If you’re constantly living in the past and poking at the wounds ‘they hurt us more than we more than we hurt them’ which is present throughout the pages of this conversation too may I add, can you ever find a way forward and move on?

The new hurt seems to be within unionism and the unionists realizing the British really don’t actually care for or about them at all. And I’m all up to culture and traditions but is the 12th either of those things?

I don’t think it is.

Apologies, post no 4717. The post where you admitted stalking me and having all my posts saved.

Didn’t delete that either.

No Francie, just everything extremist Republican. There is a big difference. The rest of your personal rant is wrong too. I would historically label all parties who want a United Ireland as nationalist parties : this includes FG, FF, SDLP, Labour etc. You may not look on them as nationalist parties but that is your problem. And I have often voted for one of those parties, mainly for reasons to do with the economy etc.

You also have a fair old capacity to delude yourself.

Your 'anti everything Irish, when Britain is in the equation' is legendary on these threads and noticed by far more than me.

They had submarines long before your claimed "collaboration by appeasement". Ask the relatives of people sunk off Kinsale.
    The Treaty of Versailles ending World War I signed at the Paris Peace Conference in 1919 restricted the total tonnage of the German surface fleet. The treaty also restricted the independent tonnage of ships and forbade the construction of submarines.

You’re entire presence on boards is to denegrate all things Irish jan. You often have regular pops at Catholicism too let’s be fair. Which is odd cos the vast majority of people really don’t car about religion anymore. (Unless it’s to be giving out about Muslims being an exception) I personally don’t have a clue why that might be I’ll leave you to it but it’s more than a bit strange to have that’s your sole purpose in any discussion no?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Before, during and afterwards expressed as an admiration for his fuhrer.

• Advertisement

I’ve no problem with the royal family cosying up to the nazis then. they’re very directly all German anyways. Accident of birth they ended up in England.

Advertisement