Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The glorious 12th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,623 ✭✭✭✭downcow

What kind of a mess of an answer is that?

You objected to somebody 'saying Unionists were wrong to vote for brexit and wrong to oppose the backstop'.

Other than emotional nonsense and jibes at 'themuns' (ROI and the EU...they are both the same thing btw) what has to happen practically 'to make Unionists RIGHT about voting Brexit and Right about opposing the Backstop.

Surely you are NOT suggesting they did it for 'emotional' abstract reasons?

I think you neeed to read what I said again. Its quite the opposite. Emotional abstract stuff would cause me to stay. I enjoy much of eu. But we need to get out or eu will have defeated the most determined effort yet by a nation to get out and there will be no stopping there march to superstate.
    If the eu had approached the brexit in a spirit of genuine problem solving then I think brexit would not have happened or would have been so soft to be unrecognisable as brexit.
    The attitude of ‘UK choose to leave so it’s not our responsibility’ was ridiculous and arrogant

• Registered Users Posts: 8,268 ✭✭✭jh79

Your reaction exactly as I predicted. And you know every single thing in it is true and fact and that’s why you’re saying it isn’t.

In fact thats just confirmation for anyone else that it’s fact.
    Academics who study Their whole lives in their specialities don’t lie DC.
    They wouldn’t be published or respected if they did. I’ll refer you to the mans credentials posted a few posts back.

Not a comment on the Prof as i havn't listened to it.

But Academics do lie, there are pay to publish journals that will publish sh*ite and political science us a soft science so highly subjective.

Finally you are meant to challenge published work that is why its published and how science progresses.

Your post is an appeal to authority fallacy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

Backstop is there to protect everyone in NI downcow. Not just nationalists. Unionist farmers whose businesses will go under within three days of no deal brexit. Who will have to then pour thousands of liters of milk down drains cos they can no longer carry on them business bringing it across the border to processing.
    Who will then have to cull their livestock. And then see financial hardship on Their families. And then gave their bank manager about their debt they can’t pay.

This is what’s coming for unionist and nationalist farmers both.
    The backstop is there to keep the border open for these farmers and all trade over and back across the border.

Explain to me again why you’re against it. Surely you don’t want to inflict this much damage to farmers and businesses in NI?

Because objecting to the backstop does exactly that.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,842 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

downcow wrote: »
    I think you neeed to read what I said again. Its quite the opposite. Emotional abstract stuff would cause me to stay. I enjoy much of eu. But we need to get out or eu will have defeated the most determined effort yet by a nation to get out and there will be no stopping there march to superstate.
    If the eu had approached the brexit in a spirit of genuine problem solving then I think brexit would not have happened or would have been so soft to be unrecognisable as brexit.
    The attitude of ‘UK choose to leave so it’s not our responsibility’ was ridiculous and arrogant

Jaysus Downcow, you trumpet your willingness to answer questions and you go off on an anti EU rant again...while prefacing your remarks with 'I enjoy much of the EU.

Again.

What needs to happen to prove the blogger wrong and Unionists who voted for Brexit and who are against the Backstop right

jh79 wrote: »
    Not a comment on the Prof as i havn't listened to it.

But Academics do lie, there are pay to publish journals that will publish sh*ite and political science us a soft science so highly subjective.

Finally you are meant to challenge published work that is why its published and how science progresses.

Your post is an appeal to authority fallacy.

Hardly. He’s ‘written a three-book treatise on the entity we call Northern Ireland’

Have a listen to the interview and come back with your take. It’s only 35 minutes. And enlightening regardless of your stance.

• Advertisement

Backstop is there to protect everyone in NI downcow. Not just nationalists. Unionist farmers whose businesses will go under within three days of no deal brexit. Who will have to then pour thousands of milk down drains cos they can no longer carry on them business bringing it across the border to processing.
    Who will then have to cull their livestock. And then see financial hardship on Their families. And then gave their bank manager about their debt they can’t pay.

This is what’s coming for unionist and nationalist farmers both.
    The backstop is there to keep the border open for these farmers and all trade over and back across the border.

Explain to me again why you’re against it. Surely you don’t want to inflict this much damage to farmers and businesses in NI?

Because objecting to the backstop does exactly that.

Have you accepted you are wrong about your academic friend and moved on to another topic lol

The UK will be magnanimous in its approach to solve these issues now but seems roi/eu won’t negotiate. After we leave I am very confident sense will prevail and these matters will be sorted to mutual benefit. Why do you think they won’t be?

Have you accepted you are wrong about your academic friend and moved on to another topic lol

The UK will be magnanimous in its approach to solve these issues now but seems roi/eu won’t negotiate. After we leave I am very confident sense will prevail and these matters will be sorted to mutual benefit. Why do you think they won’t be?

I’m not wrong though. You can disagree because of course you will. Unionists aren’t known for their willingness to accept facts and truth or to even compromise.
    Uk magnanimous. Lol. They’re in no position to be anything but desperate which they currently are. Bring on the hard Brexit and let’s see what happens then.

Uk back to the EU within weeks with a begging bowl pleading for a deal.

More likely though is grammar of the withdrawal agreement is changed. border goes in the sea. NI only backstop. Boris calls election(it’s all but confirmed for November according to your buddy Jamie Bryson) Boris wins election in having delivered brexit. You’re out of the EU and we can all move on.

Just now by slieve donard in Down
    Friendly little OO March.
    Would have thought you’d be out marching with them DC

Just now by slieve donard in Down
    Friendly little OO March.
    Would have thought you’d be out marching with them DC

And lead by crimson arrow pipe band which traditionally has always had a few catholic members who enjoy the twelfth
    ...and I know you don’t believe me but never have been a member.
    Edit. Just remembered this must be black Saturday I had invited you guys but nobody took it up. ðŸ˜

And lead by crimson arrow pipe band which traditionally has always had a few catholic members who enjoy the twelfth
    ...and I know you don’t believe me but never have been a member.
    Edit. Just remembered this must be black Saturday I had invited you guys but nobody took it up. ðŸ˜

What’s that dc? Special commemorative day? I’m gonna watch the eggball game against wales.
    Hopefully ireland turn up this week. Slaughtered by the sassanach last week.

• Advertisement

What’s that dc? Special commemorative day? I’m gonna watch the eggball game against wales.
    Hopefully ireland turn up this week. Slaughtered by the sassanach last week.

I didn’t know that was on either. I lead a very sheltered life

I didn’t know that was on either. I lead a very sheltered life

Don’t be on you own. Always someone on boards to talk to :)

That’s just mad. A British lord advocating violence in the republic.

https://twitter.com/castlvillageman/status/1167790181463801858?s=21

Might be helpful if you put it in context ie it wasn’t said this week.

Might be helpful if you put it in context ie it wasn’t said this week.

Are you new to the thread downcow. No you’re not. Several of your other pal accounts like bringing up utterly unrelated events from the distant past to somehow make their nonsense points.

This guy was an MEP and a British lord. It’s really relevant if not more so than Jan dragging up u boats and her teacher hitting her on the head cos he was catholic.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

In fairness he's a well known alcoholic. He'll sober up and switch opinion.

steddyeddy wrote: »
    In fairness he's a well known alcoholic. He'll sober up and switch opinion.

This is a report dug out from the 1970s He wasn’t an MEP or lord then.
    It wasn’t the smartest thing to say but understandable in the context.
    It would be like saying Sinn Fein MEPs are terrorists- I hope she had retired from terrorism by the time she became an MEP

This is a report dug out from the 1970s He wasn’t an MEP or lord then.
    It wasn’t the smartest thing to say but understandable in the context.
    It would be like saying Sinn Fein MEPs are terrorists- I hope she had retired from terrorism by the time she became an MEP

It was understandable that a British lord called for terrorists violence in the republic

You just said that.

Can you hear yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

It was understandable that a British lord called for terrorists violence in the republic

You just said that.

Can you hear yourself

Its nothing unusual really,Unionist politicians (like the British government) used the loyalist squads down through the years to enforce their terrorism in NI while they kept their hands blood free from the safety of their leafy suburbs.

If only Jan were here to attempt to delude us

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,842 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

tipptom wrote: »
    Its nothing unusual really,Unionist politicians (like the British government) used the loyalist squads down through the years to enforce their terrorism in NI while they kept their hands blood free from the safety of their leafy suburbs.

Wouldn't have been the first time a Unionist politician's 'affinity' with loyalists allowed the mask to slip.

Are we seriously going to discuss a newspaper report from the 1970s? This is 2019 and republicans have recently murdered a young journalist. And republicans went into a house last night and shot a 20year old in front of his family.
    .....but sure let’s discuss a remark made by a politician in the 70’s.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

ni is leaving eu as part of UK and any possibility of growing closer to ui is gone forever.

You don't think this whole bexit thing has put the North's place within the so-called 'union' at question?

Do you even understand that your future in the 'union' depends on whether people who identify as nationalists and 'other' are happy with it?

Are we seriously going to discuss a newspaper report from the 1970s? This is 2019 and republicans have recently murdered a young journalist. And republicans went into a house last night and shot a 20year old in front of his family.
    .....but sure let’s discuss a remark made by a politician in the 70’s.

DUP member Ruth Patterson. Upon the signing of the GFA

‘May God forgive them what they have done to ulster.’

She is still a member of the dup.

She is against peace in Northern Ireland. And recently kicked out of her party.

Explain this hatred. At the heart of your ever dwindling party

DUP member Ruth Patterson. Upon the signing of the GFA

‘May God forgive them what they have done to ulster.’

She is still a member of the dup.

She is against peace in Northern Ireland. And recently kicked out of her party.

Explain this hatred. At the heart of your ever dwindling party

Lol. I suppose it’s progress that you have moved from the 70s to the 90s. I am dragging you kicking and screaming towards this century even though most of us are preparing to move into the 3rd decade of it. The world has moved on without the republicans that are still living in last century.
    .....and the last few decades have been marked by states separating and getting self determination rather than uniting. So you are fighting against the modern trend. I think for every country you name that united I should be able to name you several that self-determined and split.

Lol. I suppose it’s progress that you have moved from the 70s to the 90s. I am dragging you kicking and screaming towards this century even though most of us are preparing to move into the 3rd decade of it. The world has moved on without the republicans that are still living in last century.
    .....and the last few decades have been marked by states separating and getting self determination rather than uniting. So you are fighting against the modern trend. I think for every country you name that united I should be able to name you several that self-determined and split.

I wasn’t the one bringing up events on the deep past to derail the conversation DC. It was one of your pals here. Who seems to have ducked out.
    As you seem unaware of the fact I’ll remind you there’s no scope or possibility for NI to become independent. You can remain in the UK (good luck with that) or there’ll be Irish reunification.
    Let’s be completely honest NI. Has needed constant handouts for how long now?

Foster is about to step down as DUP Leader owing to the cash for ash scandal. ONeill is being challenged within Sinn Fein.
    Change is afoot. And you can’t ignore the grind of history. The wheel turns and events and realities develop.

Well all be grand don’t worry.

DC. Michel barnier on the backstop and Northern Ireland.

EU Chief Negotiator @MichelBarnier writing in tomorrow’s Sunday Telegraph:

The backstop “is not about changing the constitutional status of Northern Ireland. That is none of the EU’s business”
    “The backstop provides Northern Ireland with the economic benefits of the Single Market for goods... I believe that the people of NI recognise & appreciate this offer more than Westminster does for now.”

Echoes the point I made to you earlier. No backstop hard border sees Northern Ireland’s farming and businesses go under. London doesn’t care at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭janfebmar

It’s really relevant if not more so than Jan dragging up u boats and her teacher hitting her on the head cos he was catholic.

Post no. 4846 reported, I never claimed that and personal attacks should not be made on posters not present.
    Post No. 4851 Also reported.

janfebmar wrote: »
    Post no. 4846 reported, I never claimed that and personal attacks should not be made on posters not present.

Post No. 4851 Also reported.

You did say it. It’s right there. Screenshot attached because you deleted the post.
    Let’s move on though eh

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭janfebmar

You did say it. It’s right there. Screenshot attached because you deleted the post.
    Let’s move on though eh

You were warned about making up stuff before, and to stay on topic. Nothing to do with the 12th.

Advertisement