Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The glorious 12th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭Dytalus

downcow wrote: »
    I am guessing if they were Scandinavian, they were probably in town for the rangers v celtic game which draws some strange people i believe

Could well have been it. I don't follow football, so didn't know the match was on. nor the draw the teams would have had.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

Is violence between rangers and Celtic fans common? I know it happens in England with rival teams supporters.
    Does it happen in Glasgow too?

Looks like that parade was innocent enough and co opted by some gougers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭gwalk

Is violence between rangers and Celtic fans common? I know it happens in England with rival teams supporters.

There were para flags in the rangers support yesterday,

Idiot if you go looking for violence at football anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 4,831 ✭✭✭RobMc59

Looks like that parade was innocent enough and co opted by some gougers
    I'm surprised you wouldn't have known that about Rangers and celtic-btw,did you find that credible link to the saoradh republicans from Scandinavia or did you imagine it?

RobMc59 wrote: »
    I'm surprised you wouldn't have known that about Rangers and celtic-btw,did you find that credible link to the saoradh republicans from Scandinavia or did you imagine it?

I’m well aware of the divide. I wasn’t asking about that. I was asking is there * regular violence between the supporters? It could put into context what happened here if it also was around a game.

Didn’t imagine it no. Some I’m going to assume yobs on the other side followed some o them presumably for another fight and they went to the airport so then the fight couldn’t kick off?
    This was all on twitter in the day or two following. Who knows.
    Someone somewhere agitated that situation. But I’ve never heard of such a march taking place anywhere really. It’s very very strange.

• Advertisement

Organisation hiding and protecting child abusers and rapists in their orginisation

This is familiar

https://twitter.com/soundmigration/status/1168826825180688384?s=21

• Registered Users Posts: 27,901 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Organisation hiding and protecting child abusers and rapists in their orginisation

This is familiar

https://twitter.com/soundmigration/status/1168826825180688384?s=21

It is indeed, and there should be full public investigations into all such cases, allowing the likes of Mairia Cahill and Paudie McGahon and these most recent victims to come forward to tell their stories.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

blanch152 wrote: »
    It is indeed, and there should be full public investigations into all such cases, allowing the likes of Mairia Cahill and Paudie McGahon and these most recent victims to come forward to tell their stories.

I hope Maria doesn't mind you dragging her names into every conversation on...well to do with Ireland. You do know she was against the GFA right? A dissident.

It's beyond tiresome how some people's perception of the IRA is relevant to every single discussion on the future.

I hope Maria doesn't mind you dragging her names into every conversation on...well to do with Ireland. You do know she was against the GFA right? A dissident.

It's beyond tiresome how some people's perception of the IRA is relevant to every single discussion on the future.

We were discussing sexual abuse in Northern Ireland, she is more than germane to that.

Keep with the lies about Mairia by the way.

I would agree with you on the tiresome repetition of the same position on Northern Ireland, just click on the number of responses to a thread to see which posters tend to drone on the most.

I’d agree dragging up the whole ‘which side got hurt more’ isn’t helpful. Ongoing investigations against anyone or organizations involved should be fair game though no? Such as this one and Soldier F.
    It’s off topic in a way too I guess My bad for posting but though it had been mentioned earlier.

• Advertisement

We were discussing sexual abuse in Northern Ireland, she is more than germane to that.

Keep with the lies about Mairia by the way.

I would agree with you on the tiresome repetition of the same position on Northern Ireland, just click on the number of responses to a thread to see which posters tend to drone on the most.

What lies? She wasn't a dissident and against the GFA?

I’d agree dragging up the whole ‘which side got hurt more’ isn’t helpful. Ongoing investigations against anyone or organizations involved should be fair game though no? Such as this one and Soldier F.
    It’s off topic in a way too I guess My bad for posting but though it had been mentioned earlier.

The Soldier F thing was related as the para emblem on the marchers. Just every single discussion on NI goes back to the past. It's circular and well boring TBH.

The Soldier F thing was related as the para emblem on the marchers. Just every single discussion on NI goes back to the past. It's circular and well boring TBH.

When you have people who are hung up with complaining about 800 years of oppression, that is what happens - they go back to the past.

At least we have had some good news this week with the opinion polls showing a swing to the Alliance and centre parties and away from both unionist and nationalist parties. Long may it continue, as it is the only way forward.

Just wait til after brexit. DUP specific support is going to fall through the floor when the devastating realities hit for farmers and businesses and job losses.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,842 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Just wait til after brexit. DUP specific support is going to fall through the floor when the devastating realities hit for farmers and businesses and job losses.

There is a sense that Unionists have lent their vote to the Alliance. We will get a real test of that (a GE) soon enough.

There is a sense that Unionists have lent their vote to the Alliance. We will get a real test of that (a GE) soon enough.

Why are Sinn Fein losing votes then?

Why are Sinn Fein losing votes then?

Because they are taking some flak for there being no executive in place. The decline for Unionism is greater though.
    The DUP are taking flak for that and for their Brexit stance.
    This is the changing face of NI they should be worried about if they were not too busy 'pointing at themuns'. That fall in Unionist identitfiers mirroring the rise in the Neithers is interesting.

EDdVeCNXYAEz7dk?format=jpg&name=small

Because they are taking some flak for there being no executive in place. The decline for Unionism is greater though.
    The DUP are taking flak for that and for their Brexit stance.
    This is the changing face of NI they should be worried about if they were not too busy 'pointing at themuns'. That fall in Unionist identitfiers mirroring the rise in the Neithers is interesting.

EDdVeCNXYAEz7dk?format=jpg&name=small

"Neither" hitting 50% ties in with all I have said about the emergence of a Northern Ireland identity, separate and distinct from either unionism or nationalism. Young people just don't identify with the dinosaurs on either side. The younger role models like the idiot with the loaf of bread on his head are even less appealing than Ogra FF.

Quicker progress than I thought possible. A plague on both your houses is winning out.

"Neither" hitting 50% ties in with all I have said about the emergence of a Northern Ireland identity, separate and distinct from either unionism or nationalism. Young people just don't identify with the dinosaurs on either side. The younger role models like the idiot with the loaf of bread on his head are even less appealing than Ogra FF.

Quicker progress than I thought possible. A plague on both your houses is winning out.

There’s two sides with upward trajectories there in that graph and only one heading south. Ironically.

Is the attack on 'young' nationalists an effort to deflect away from what is clearly happening.

• Advertisement

There’s two sides with upward trajectories there in that graph and only one heading south. Ironically.

Yeh but yeh but, nationalists and Ogra FF. :):)

Is the attack on 'young' nationalists an effort to deflect away from what is clearly happening.

It looks like we have seen peak Sinn Fein in terms of the nationalist vote. Any general election will be interesting in that regard.

The sooner that the DUP and SF go out of existence the better.

When you have people who are hung up with complaining about 800 years of oppression, that is what happens - they go back to the past.

At least we have had some good news this week with the opinion polls showing a swing to the Alliance and centre parties and away from both unionist and nationalist parties. Long may it continue, as it is the only way forward.

TBF, the British are still there as is the reason Ulster lays in two jurisdictions.
    I don't care which party does well once things move ahead.

It looks like we have seen peak Sinn Fein in terms of the nationalist vote. Any general election will be interesting in that regard.

Doesn't particularly bother me. As long as the nationalist figure stays on the rise they can vote for who they like.

Should Unionism be seriously worried blanch, downcow, Rob, janfebmar?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,831 ✭✭✭RobMc59

Doesn't particularly bother me. As long as the nationalist figure stays on the rise they can vote for who they like.

Should Unionism be seriously worried blanch, downcow, Rob, janfebmar?
    Until brexit is settled one way or another,who knows who should be most worried?
    A hard brexit could possibly split the UK,whilst revoking art 50 or a deal with the EU would possibly put a UI further away imo.

I never saw this. Channel 4 went to Derry. And got into it. Balanced too. Worth a watch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭holyhead

I'm struggling to see how the UK can leave the EU without it meaning a hard border between the North and the Republic. Even though the North is governed by the UK the seamless border crossing has helped the island to seem like one large country. The return of border posts would most likely have to be policed and then your back to 25 years ago. The Dissidents will have a new set of targets. Nationalists will once again feel cut off from the Republic. Johnson is pig headed enough not to give a toss about the North or the mayhem an executed Brexit will have on the island of Ireland. Anything which threatens the stability of the North should be a cause of concern to Unionists too. Sure they treasure the links to the UK but a dawning reality has to be approaching them that the North is of little or not political consequence to this Conservative Government. They had been entertained by May because of holding the balance of power.
    I genuinely think the populace in mainland Britain didn't think through the logical consequences of Brexit re the North and or didn't care. Just wanted out of Europe come hell or high water.

holyhead wrote: »
    I'm struggling to see how the UK can leave the EU without it meaning a hard border between the North and the Republic. Even though the North is governed by the UK the seamless border crossing has helped the island to seem like one large country. The return of border posts would most likely have to be policed and then your back to 25 years ago. The Dissidents will have a new set of targets. Nationalists will once again feel cut off from the Republic. Johnson is pig headed enough not to give a toss about the North or the mayhem an executed Brexit will have on the island of Ireland. Anything which threatens the stability of the North should be a cause of concern to Unionists too. Sure they treasure the links to the UK but a dawning reality has to be approaching them that the North is of little or not political consequence to this Conservative Government. They had been entertained by May because of holding the balance of power.
    I genuinely think the populace in mainland Britain didn't think through the logical consequences of Brexit re the North and or didn't care. Just wanted out of Europe come hell or high water.

They gave NI and the GFA not a thought at all until the DUP got in May’s ear and ended up king makers after May called that disastrous election.
    It has become clear to all the DUPs priorities are their British cosplay fantasies, far and away above any concern they have for NI or the people in it. Their own base is livid with them over their stance supporting hard border.
    Just wait til you see unionist farmers pouring thousands of gallons of milk outside DUP Hq as thy can’t sell it any longer.

They’re done for next election.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭maccored

interesting that every year, someone on a thread in boards says something about the sinn fein vote having peaked

• Advertisement
Advertisement