Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The glorious 12th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,842 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

RobMc59 wrote: »
    I provided 2 links,if you can provide ANYTHING where Barry says different knock your self out,beyond that there`s nothing else to say other than,If you disagree obviously you have the option to report me for whatever it is you think I`ve done.

I have to prove the non-existence of your lie? Yeh right.

You didn't even provide a quote where McGuigan said he was threatened by the IRA.

Like jan, you probably heard on the telly 40 years ago.

You had your chance to man up and admit you made a mistake, now I will just have to see it as a downright lie.

One thing I'll say about McGuigan having grown up with him, he is man of incredible integrity and honesty, you should take a leaf out of your hero's book.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

One week break for stop moaning ffs for failing to heed repeated moderator instruction.

dudara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

The 12th in Belfast looked a bit of a mess. There is a photo doing the rounds on social media of a naked reveler with his trousers around his ankles, his majesty's very small crown jewels are on full display as well as some rather substantial skid marks on his underwear. Unionist need to take a look at the way they are celebrating the 12th and maybe roll backing on the binge drinking and anti social behavior that is taking place.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,831 ✭✭✭RobMc59

I have to prove the non-existence of your lie? Yeh right.

You didn't even provide a quote where McGuigan said he was threatened by the IRA.

Like jan, you probably heard on the telly 40 years ago.

You had your chance to man up and admit you made a mistake, now I will just have to see it as a downright lie.

One thing I'll say about McGuigan having grown up with him, he is man of incredible integrity and honesty, you should take a leaf out of your hero's book.

I did`nt know about Mcguigan 40 years ago francie-he had`nt fought professionally then which you surely should know?

The 12th in Belfast looked a bit of a mess. There is a photo doing the rounds on social media of a naked reveler with his trousers around his ankles, his majesty's very small crown jewels are on full display as well as some rather substantial skid marks on his underwear. Unionist need to take a look at the way they are celebrating the 12th and maybe roll backing on the binge drinking and anti social behavior that is taking place.

They should bus the golfing fans to some of the bonfires after listening to the lovely named Drumderg Loyalist Flutes, give the visitors a fully rounded 'cultural' experience, tour guide could do it in Ulster Scots. Winner?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Sunny Disposition

For the Northern Protestants here. Why don’t the Orange Order just allow Catholics in now? Could still celebrate UK culture and acknowledge it has gone a bit far in years gone by. Would be a great move towards reconciliation.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,623 ✭✭✭✭downcow

Can you give us a link. This would be highly unusual at the twelfth where behaviour is usually excellent

For the Northern Protestants here. Why don’t the Orange Order just allow Catholics in now? Could still celebrate UK culture and acknowledge it has gone a bit far in years gone by. Would be a great move towards reconciliation.

If it was my choice I would but I also understand that it is a part religious organisation routed in the Protestant reformed faith.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,103 ✭✭✭Odhinn

downcow wrote: »
    Can you give us a link. This would be highly unusual at the twelfth where behaviour is usually excellent

The twelfth of august or september maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭Imreoir2

janfebmar wrote: »
    That was not within the past 3 pages though, and I said the 7 billion was a guestimate., The 7 billion would be spread over years, such would be the scale of the work involved. Someone else estimated 2 billion; I would say it could be 7 billion if everything N I public service had to be bi-lingual, all documentation signage etc. Either way, it's not going to happen, to that extent anyway.

Oh sure, 7 billion, but spread over years...

...about 3500 years going by the costings put forward by Conradh na Gaeilge. The act they have proposed would have a one off initial cost of 9 million with a 2 million cost to operate on a yearly basis.

We will get to 7 billion evertually to be true... by the year 5519AD. :D:D

• Advertisement

Odhinn wrote: »
    The twelfth of august or september maybe.

Well we will await the link. In the meantime I could post much worse than our friend describes from any year of st Patrick’s celebrations.

Imreoir2 wrote: »
    Oh sure, 7 billion, but spread over years...

...about 3500 years going by the costings put forward by Conradh na Gaeilge. The act they have proposed would have a one off initial cost of 9 million with a 2 million cost to operate on a yearly basis.
    :D:D

What’s that they say about statistics. It’s already costing a lot more than 2 million per year so CnG must be proposing a downgrading of IL ?

Trying to attract their own is the problem. A fall from the 60's of over 40,000 members, to around 30,000 today, of a mostly older demographic. I saw a bit of literature from my neighbouring county's Order appealing for members in the 20-30 age group.

I can't see how they can reverse the trend without dropping the whole Protestant supremacy archaic stuff.

What’s that they say about statistics. It’s already costing a lot more than 2 million per year so CnG must be proposing a downgrading of IL ?

It would be an interesting way to cost the provisions of an act indeed to include things already hapening or not covered by the actual provisions of the act itself. I think we can safely say the costing is for new spend, not stuff that is happening already.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭votecounts

The fella looked a right state, he'll be setting fire to the jocks anyway:D

votecounts wrote: »

First day back for work or seeing friends and family will be difficult. Small mickey and brown lumps in the kacks is not a good look.

Trying to attract their own is the problem. A fall from the 60's of over 40,000 members, to around 30,000 today, of a mostly older demographic. I saw a bit of literature from my neighbouring county's Order appealing for members in the 20-30 age group.

I can't see how they can reverse the trend without dropping the whole Protestant supremacy archaic stuff.

Francie. You just don’t get it. The orange order is not the Ulster Scots culture. The OO is alive and well but young people are much more attracted to the loyalist bands and the whole social life around them If the OO only had 5,000 members then the twelfth will not be the slightest bit smaller.

I posted you a link earlier which gives an honest picture of the demographic around parades. You stuck in a desperate wishful thinking position that the orange culture is dying. I have heard that from I was a kid.

Imreoir2 wrote: »
    It would be an interesting way to cost the provisions of an act indeed to include things already hapening or not covered by the actual provisions of the act itself. I think we can safely say the costing is for new spend, not stuff that is happening already.
    Well that is certainly not what was stated here.

votecounts wrote: »

A wee link confirming we are talking about the twelfth parade would be helpful
    ????

First day back for work or seeing friends and family will be difficult. Small mickey and brown lumps in the kacks is not a good look.

He'll just say he had a vision of the Pope with horns and all that led to mickey shrinkage and him crapping himself.

• Advertisement

Well that is certainly not what was stated here.

Not sure I follow?

This is the tread from reddit about the naked orange man. I have to warn you that it contains a photo of shrunken mickey parts and badly stained underwear. Do not open if not prepared for naked man with excremented knickers.

https://www.reddit.com/r/northernireland/comments/cd1wnn/the_more_you_look_the_more_culture_you_see/

This is the tread from reddit about the naked orange man. I have to warn you that it contains a photo of shrunken mickey parts and badly stained underwear. Do not open if not prepared for naked man with excremented knickers.

https://www.reddit.com/r/northernireland/comments/cd1wnn/the_more_you_look_the_more_culture_you_see/

Orange skidmarks

Francie. You just don’t get it. The orange order is not the Ulster Scots culture. The OO is alive and well but young people are much more attracted to the loyalist bands and the whole social life around them If the OO only had 5,000 members then the twelfth will not be the slightest bit smaller.

I posted you a link earlier which gives an honest picture of the demographic around parades. You stuck in a desperate wishful thinking position that the orange culture is dying. I have heard that from I was a kid.

As a resident of Cowdenbeath said of the parade Arlene led - '
    “This will be portrayed by the media as loads of support for the Orange lodge. No, there’s loads of curious five-year-olds and tired mums who are bringing them out to look at the ‘pretty colours’'.

Fairly traumatising when they seen the bould arlene bounding alone. It's worse than showing them Krampus
    https://www.google.com/search?q=krampus&client=firefox-b-d&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiM6c-vsr_jAhVbPcAKHfffA4kQ_AUIESgB&biw=1600&bih=887#imgrc=lJ1eWNGafntkJM:

I was expecting something a little more convincing. A drunk reveller strips. Hardly dramatic news.

The problem is the lies and spin.

“The naked Orangeman”.
    Now I will ask you to study thwelfth pictures and if you can find me one single orange man out of the tens of thousands wear light blue jeans then I will say there is a tiny possibility you post is accurate but if not then I think we can all agree it is more of this desperate need to try and demonise the orange.
    Over to you.

....and no, the skid marks weren’t very Protestant looking. Lol

You just told us it was old men went to the twelfth now you are saying it’s kids and their mums. Make your mind up.

You just told us it was old men went to the twelfth now you are saying it’s kids and their mums. Make your mind up.

No I didn't. I never said anything about 'old men going to the 12th. Don't be doing a janfebmar.

I was talking about 'members' of the OO.

I was expecting something a little more convincing. A drunk reveller strips. Hardly dramatic news.

The problem is the lies and spin.

“The naked Orangeman”.
    Now I will ask you to study thwelfth pictures and if you can find me one single orange man out of the tens of thousands wear light blue jeans then I will say there is a tiny possibility you post is accurate but if not then I think we can all agree it is more of this desperate need to try and demonise the orange.
    Over to you.

....and no, the skid marks weren’t very Protestant looking. Lol

*Cough!

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/twelfth/orange-order-bids-to-tackle-drunkenness-at-twelfth-34784724.html

Yeh..no issue with drunkeness...you are like your man that fell into the river in Eygpt...he was in 'de Nile'.

*I did have a good chuckle at 'vodka and Orangefest'. :):)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,901 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

40,000 in the 1960s to 30,000 now? That must be among the best performances of any religious organisation during that time period. Most have collapsed to negligible numbers.

Advertisement