Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The glorious 12th

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭janfebmar

So you think the jews would be offended by loyalists using nazi flags and emblems in their right wing approach?

Never saw any loyalist groups officially honouring the Nazi flag. I have travelled quite a bit in N Ireland and never saw any Nazi flags or emblems there.

_blaaz wrote: »
    Keep screaming wrong over and over again....

When you find evidence that Republicans imported Artillery in 1916, let everyone know. Do you think Republicans had helicopters then too maybe?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

janfebmar wrote: »
    Never saw any loyalist groups officially honouring the Nazi flag. I have travelled quite a bit in N Ireland and never saw any Nazi flags or emblems there.

You replied to pics of exactly that earlier in this very thread.

Odd you don’t remember.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,422 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

RobMc59 wrote: »
    Probably not as offended as the relatives of those murdered in the kingsmill massacre when SF MP macelduff mocked them by putting a loaf on his head.

I remember that. What a dick.

SF had become sectarian by 1976.
    No worker loyalty there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭_blaaz

When you find evidence that Republicans imported Artillery in 1916, let everyone know. Do you think Republicans had helicopters then too maybe?

Dont think helicoptors existed in 1916....your really gone off far end ranting now

Chill out bro

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,535 ✭✭✭droidman123

Now you are just having me on

Dont think helicoptors existed in 1916....

My point exactly. And I do not think the Republicans imported Artillery then either, as was claimed. Do keep up.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,165 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭_blaaz

My point exactly. And I do not think the Republicans imported Artillery then either, as was claimed. Do keep up.

Im lost now??

Why do you mention something that didnt exist in 1916 and rant and rave about it...if you know it not existed

Imo you did,and after making another mistake during yet another of your rant-filled meltdowns over 1916...

..tbh you didnt know they got rifles either in 1916 and then tried to claim.they were antiques....you seem to have absolutely zero knowlege on this subject,so i doubt il take your word as regards artillery

• Advertisement

Beat me to it.
    A flag celebrating slavery and another a Nazi flag.
    Any response jan?

I tried this wider discussion about 'contentious statues and symbols' with blanch152 but the people wittering on about a republican memorial to a man dead for 70 years or more, accused me of 'whataboutery' on a thread about the 12th July and refused to broaden out the discussion for the usual reasons, they might have to criticise the Unionists or British.

:):)

Ah, well, at least you got a response, of sorts....

@blanch152.

I'll ask again. How would you respond to a request for the removal of statues/images of Trevelyan or Churchill in the UK, because they offend some Irish people?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,422 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Yeah, the loyalty also extends to the old South Africa and current day Israel. Colonial mindset.

But I don't let that colour my opinion of decent unionist people.

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    Yeah, the loyalty also extends to the old South Africa and current day Israel. Colonial mindset.

Me either, but we have a user claiming it never happened so just clearing that up

igCorcaigh wrote: »

Three of my best pals are unionists one of whose father an orange order leader you’d know his name.

All three are the soundest most decent lads and all three know the lights are changing and are actually hoping for a UI because they know the uk already ignores NI but post brexit it will be utterly worse and destruction for their economy such as it is and tensions will explode.

Beat me to it.
    A flag celebrating slavery and another a Nazi flag.
    Any response jan?

A photo of a flag erected by some individual somewhere proves nothing. Out of 900,000 people, you are bound to get some oddballs.

Im lost now??

Why do you mention something that didnt exist in 1916 and rant and rave about it...if you know it not existed

Imo you did,and after making another mistake during yet another of your rant-filled meltdowns over 1916...

..tbh you didnt know they got rifles either in 1916 and then tried to claim.they were antiques....you seem to have absolutely zero knowlege on this subject,so i doubt il take your word as regards artillery

I did not say the rifles were "antiques", but it is well know that rifle technology was advancing at the time and the German dealers wanted to get rid of some stuff that was superseded, but still perfectly ok for terrorist / guerilla warfare type operations, call it what you want.
    Now, any evidence that the leaders of 1916 imported "Artillery", as was claimed on this thread?

Three of my best pals are unionists one of whose father an orange order leader you’d know his name.

All three are the soundest most decent lads and all three know the lights are changing and are actually hoping for a UI because they know the uk already ignores NI but post brexit it will be utterly worse and destruction for their economy such as it is and tensions will explode.

Lol. If they are hoping for a United Ireland they are not unionists. I'm not buying your story.

A photo of a flag erected by some individual somewhere proves nothing. Out of 900,000 people, you are bound to get some oddballs.

You were ranting constantly about 10 Protestants being rounded up and shot and later Protestants being discriminated against in Ireland only a while ago.

Maybe the Catholic teacher who hit you in school(your words) was an outlier oddball

As you say it doesn’t prove all catholics are oddballs though right?

Lol. If they are hoping for a United Ireland they are not unionists. I'm not buying your story.

They actually are. They want a United ireland

The clue is right there in the first word jan. come on baby. You can figure it out

• Advertisement

Ah, well, at least you got a response, of sorts....

@blanch152.

I'll ask again. How would you respond to a request for the removal of statues/images of Trevelyan or Churchill in the UK, because they offend some Irish people?

Statues of Churchill ....100,000 Irish people fought in the British war effort and generally I think they thought he was fine. I never heard any of them complaining about him anyway, and I knew a few quite well. He was elected by the British people, if they want to keep a statue of an elected Prime Minister that is ok with me, it is not my country or business.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,848 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

I did not say the rifles were "antiques", but it is well know that rifle technology was advancing at the time and the German dealers wanted to get rid of some stuff that was superseded, but still perfectly ok for terrorist / guerilla warfare type operations, call it what you want.
    Now, any evidence that the leaders of 1916 imported "Artillery", as was claimed on this thread?

Is that what the over 100 corporations of Britain's 'special friend' were doing when they got rich re-arming the German Nazi government when Britain and France looked mutely on? May be a few more statues on the demolishing list. :)

Rushing to google for your 'education' keeps leading you into logical cul-de-sacs jan, you should have learned by now that you need an overview of history and all the facts.

Statues of Churchill ....100,000 Irish people fought in the British war effort and generally I think they thought he was fine. I never heard any of them complaining about him anyway, and I knew a few quite well. He was elected by the British people, if they want to keep a statue of an elected Prime Minister that is ok with me, it is not my country or business.

Swap Churchill statue for Russell statue and your position is?
    hypocrisy is right there

They actually are. They want a United ireland

The clue is right there in the first word jan. come on baby. You can figure it out

If people in n.Ireland want a United Ireland they are not usually referred to as unionists, by definition. Unionists want to maintain the Union with Britain.

If people in n.Ireland want a United Ireland they are not usually referred to as unionists, by definition. Unionists want to maintain the Union with Britain.

That’s the gas part. When the ref happens those wanting a unified Ireland will be the unionists.

The poor DUP will be abandoned and have to resort to their actual name.

Loyalists

hypocrisy is right there

Russell was not elected, for starters. The IRA had so little support here that DeValera killed some of them in Irish prison, and no outcry. Churchill was a prime minister of the UK. Huge difference.

Indians now in Britain might find it offensive to have a statue of Churchill for what happened in India or is that not in your history books too

• Registered Users Posts: 68,848 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

hypocrisy is right there

There is an instance closer than Churchill, i.e. Carson. janfebmar and blanch have deflected and avoided dealing with that one...you'd wonder why?

Russell was not elected, for starters. The IRA had so little support here that DeValera killed some of them in Irish prison, and no outcry. Churchill was a prime minister of the UK. Huge difference.

Yeah can you name any of those dev had executed?

I’ll wait

• Advertisement

Lads. Sit down. Watch this. Jan actually just said this

Just one that has studied history a lot and met people from all sides over many decades, and who believes in fairness.

Don’t make me laugh. Please. That’s the funniest most blatantly false post on boards ever

Advertisement