Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Working in real estate ireland

Options
  • 10-07-2019 9:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm looking at starting a career in real estate and would like to hear peoples personal experience working in the industry.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

If you have any specific questions I'll to my best to answer them.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Thecameraman

Hi

Thanks for the reply, just curious about jobs opportunitys and salary expectation. I would also like to know about day to day of a real estate agent in ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

In residential sales you can expect a pretty poor base salary, anywhere from 20 - 25k starting off, plus commission. It's generally a commission based role and the sky is the limit there if you are in a busy office, you could probably expect 35k + including commission in year 1 if you are a natural.

Average day is better than most office jobs IMO. Diary management has a lot to do with it, but you would be expected to work well into the evening and weekends too.

Positives would be you have a very varied day, from market appraisals to valuations to negotiating deals to measuring up and taking photos. You can start a bit later and finish a bit earlier if you time your viewings right, and you can have nice long lunches, with generally a lot of time to yourself between viewings and meetings.

Negatives would be dealing with people, both purchasers and vendors. It will surprise you how difficult people can be. every owner thinks their house is worth more, every bidder thinks it's worth less etc.

Advertisement