Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dual Monitor Issues

Options
  • 10-07-2019 10:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm having issues connecting two monitors. It seems only one of the DVI ports works.

What I have
    • 2 x DVI
    • 1 x VGA
    • 1 x HDMI

The graphics card is a NIVIDA Quadro K600. is it possible this card does not support a dual monitor display?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭jhud

Are you using any adapters to connect screens?

Have swap cables to monitors so see if problem is not with dvi cable.

Make sure you have the second screen connected and its not set to disconnected in display settings.

What operating system are you using and what driver version are you on. Try the latest if not already on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Ron Burgundy II

I'm just updating the driver as we speak. Looking at the Quadro system it appears that only one DVI and display port (not HDMI in my last post) are tied to the card. So the other display options may not be tied to the card.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Are you sure it's a Quadro K600?
    According to the data sheet it only has 2 outputs:
    https://www.nvidia.com/content/pdf/data-sheet/nv-ds-quadro-k600-us.pdf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I'm just updating the driver as we speak. Looking at the Quadro system it appears that only one DVI and display port (not HDMI in my last post) are tied to the card. So the other display options may not be tied to the card.

That sounds like you're describing the integrated video outputs on the motherboard, not the card.

You need to use the two ports on the actual graphics card.

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Ron Burgundy II

yeah it seems the vga and second dvi are not connected to the graphics card, so I will need to use the second output display port

A google of the K600 would have answered by questions.

Thanks for the quick replies.

• Advertisement
Advertisement