Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Seat Arrangement on Intercity

• 10-07-2019 10:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭

Basic question as I don't use the Inter City trains. I'm booking for myself and daughter to travel Dublin to Sligo next week. When it comes to seat selection there are Carriages A - D.

First question is which closest to the front.

Then picking the actual seat. The picture is top to bottom. First few rows (without the tables) are facing south, then you have those with the tables, and then you have the seats facing North (to the top of the screen). I'm really trying to ensure we are facing they way were traveling rather then have that feeling of facing back wards. Any idea which I should pick

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,781 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

You will not know which seat is front facing or which carriage the front because the trains get turned around. Book seats and if not busy move when trains has started moving or once its less busy along the route. Travelling down in the morning/early afternoon shouldn't be so busy that you couldn't move.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 bob425
    Miss

Having a seat booked from Castlebar at 1323 in Coach D and a three coach ICR turns up was bad enough. Having to stand the entire journey from Castlebar was the pits. Fortunately a freight train failed at Clara blocking the line and the suffering was only as far as Athlone where buses were laid on to Portarlington and a seat was available for everybody.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,781 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

bob425 wrote: »
    Having a seat booked from Castlebar at 1323 in Coach D and a three coach ICR turns up was bad enough. Having to stand the entire journey from Castlebar was the pits. Fortunately a freight train failed at Clara blocking the line and the suffering was only as far as Athlone where buses were laid on to Portarlington and a seat was available for everybody.

You can claim a refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 bob425
    Miss

I could of course. Everything is grand so.

Advertisement