Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Low Resting Heart Rate and Palpitations

• 10-07-2019 12:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭

Hi,

So I've booked a doctor's appointment for next Monday, as this has been going on for some time and I just need to clear everything up.

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced similar to myself.

I'm 26 years old, male and overweight. I'm not athletic but wouldn't be terribly unfit either, would run 20 mins in the gym.

My resting heart rate when in the office drops to as low as 48 at times, which if I was an olympian, might be fine. I had never checked it properly before now, so i've nothing to guage the number on.

Alongside this, every now and again, I'll get a thud in my chest like my heart skipped a beat.

I had been previously diagnosed with an irregular heartbeat where I might have an extra beat in between each normal beat. The doc said it was quite normal when overweight and I've been losing it gradually since (2 stone down).

Has anyone experienced similar where you are not athletically fit but your rhr is down to 48-58??

Advertisement