Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WereWolf: A 10 player Vigilante game.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Necro would be my bet for a wolf, his play is different from usual

His posts last nite kinda suggested he was just floating around, dipping in and out of things. The post below is the kinda thing I'm looking at. It screams of a wolf trying to have a conversation with themselves on thread by doing exactly what Lady Skunk is accusing me of, following others
    Necro wrote: »
    I'm conflicted as everything is telling me to vote tusk but Barney is making sense on GnR

Tusk - I like that he was first vote on Baggly

Lady Skunk - not enough posts for me yet. As usual it seems she has me down as wolf!
    Clarabel - I'd be leaning wolf
    Osh/EN - Could very easily be a wolf in this pair but I would be surprised if there are both

Necro is by some distance my pick for wolf. At some stage today I hope to get a chance to ISO him and see if I can decipher his partner from his posts

• Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭osh

What does ISO mean?

Vig will know and that will help streamline their thinking anyways. Doubt there'll be full clarification on that point tbh.

So one or two in 5? Maybe. I know I'm good so that leaves tusk, EN, Clara and osh.

I'm like pretty confident EN is town so you reckon there still might be two in Clara, osh and tusk?

No, I think there one in the following group:

Necro

osh wrote: »
    What does ISO mean?

Isolate, so I'll look at just Necros posts and how he has interacted with other people.Its very good for picking out inconsistencies or how people have just gone with the flow

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,422 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Green&Red wrote:
    Necro is by some distance my pick for wolf. At some stage today I hope to get a chance to ISO him and see if I can decipher his partner from his posts

I'm not a wolf! My play is definitely different as I'm on mobile and can't do my usual jazz such as ISOs, but I'll endeavour to try today so even if you lynch me you can take my thoughts as pure, that's about all I can do though

• Advertisement

LadySkunk wrote: »
    Aww okay I must be thinking of that then! Which makes my only note invalid :o

When I was looking back for that post though I noticed a couple of things I’d like to share with the group

Go on.............

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,422 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

It does go without saying that vig should not fire tonight if we mislynch I think.

If they're wrong then the game is over, whereas we get a day to assess things post munch if they holster and don't shoot.

Thanks, sounds useful alright. Must be a nightmare to do in longer games, especially with posters who post a lot!

tusk wrote:
    I'm keeping notes this game. And I have a new tactic!

Tusk before I go deep into ISO mode can you give me a brief synopsis of your notes so far?

You've referenced them a few times but I'd like to see what you've taken from the thread

Thanks, sounds useful alright. Must be a nightmare to do in longer games, especially with posters who post a lot!

You mean like Necro? Absolute nightmare, thats why I'm getting my Necro ISO outta the way while hes on the phone

• Advertisement

It does go without saying that vig should not fire tonight if we mislynch I think.

If they're wrong then the game is over, whereas we get a day to assess things post munch if they holster and don't shoot.

That's why I was thinking the vig should hold off on shooting on the first night without concrete leads. Just seemed too risky.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭LadySkunk

-Green sows doubt on Tusk early on with thanking posts. Says the wolves last game kept him alive because he was liable to be mislynched.

-Baggly FFAs Green and Necro - Bags dies

-Ted FFAs Green and Necro - Ted dies

-Necro FFAd Baggly and Barney, seeing who the village will lynch and who to munch?

-Necro comes in and offers Green as a wolf or being set up. I had posted while he was writing saying it could be a set up or the wolves will come on say it is a set up.

-Necro asks about Tusk not being lynched, seeing whether he’s a good choice to go after tonight?

-Green calls out Necro as a wolf, says he’ll ISO him. Will he come back later and clear him? Look like he suspects him so they can’t be a team and then clears him later for the group.

Now. That all feels very rabbit holey but seeing it all put together makes my wolfy senses tingle. That’s who I’m guessing for wolf team. Of course I’m open to be swayed with a good argument, no tunnelling for me thank you very much :)

Green&Red wrote: »
    You mean like Necro? Absolute nightmare, thats why I'm getting my Necro ISO outta the way while hes on the phone

well yes had necro and tusk in mind when saying that :D

Green&Red wrote:

I've never been ISOed before, I'm excited :D

Try to see my posts from both POVs though, don't just jump on me as a wolf it doesn't help things at all and I'm not going to get massively drawn into an argument with you about it as I'm not a wolf and I want to find the wolves

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭Clarabel

Hard to tell without knowing their alignment.

Pretty confident tusk would be a villager if Baggly flips red though.

Ditto GnR actually.
    Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Don't know if you can read much into it.

Baggly FFA

1 Tusk

3 G&R

G&R FFA

1 Tusk

3 Baggly

Or am I seeing patterns where there isn't any.

I have to post this cause I've the multi quotes going - does the opposite hold true now?

I had this ready to go but now I wonder was Ted onto something?

LadySkunk wrote:
    -Baggly FFAs Green and Necro - Bags dies

See Skunk, Baggly's FFA tells me absolutely nothing as he gave no reads with it.

It was, aside from tusk perhaps, purely OMGUS to me and GnR FFAing him.

I don't really remember Baggly and GnR even interacting so I was perplexed as to why he was on Bagglys FFA tbh

I wrote this last night, but I don't think this morning changes it...

Baggly getting lynched made me so angry, I think I'm already too invested in this game!

My initial thought was to blame Necro, because this exchange is why I voted Baggly:

I went back and saw these which pushed me further this way, I even started preparing a reply...

Very first post, fairly innocuous but mentions Baggly

But sticks at it

But then there was this...

Plus Baggly did just throw out accusations without much to back them up, I think Necro was dead right there. I don't understand why Baggly played that way. Rereading the thread I really feel like he brought it on himself

So I'm off Necro again, but thought I'd post my logic anyway. Hi Necro, friends?

So basically I feel like I was played, but I cannot work out who by or how and I hate this game! I trust none of you but suspect none of you. But I'm determined to pay much closer attention today. Yesterday I tried to follow my gut and my gut was a fool, it's time for serious Nitwit!

WELCOME to werewolf! you're in

Clarabel wrote: »
    WELCOME to werewolf! you're in

you will never leave. :D:D:D

Sorry, another question, what's OMGUS?

Clarabel wrote:
    I have to post this cause I've the multi quotes going - does the opposite hold true now?

Well tusk is my strongest wolf read based on the flips so far.

I honestly can't take anything from Baggly's posts as he never really followed up on his reads or gave reasoning.

Could be as Skunk said 'tree-shaking' but then his comment before the lynch about his reads set me off, as he didn't really have any, just random finger pointing.
    Clarabel wrote:
    I had this ready to go but now I wonder was Ted onto something?

Depends on if Ted was shot or munched tbh.

• Advertisement

osh wrote:
    Sorry, another question, what's OMGUS?

Oh my gosh you suck - basically accusing your accuser with very little or no basis.

Clarabel wrote: »
    you will never leave. :D:D:D

Your habit of quoting and replying to yourself is very disconcerting :pac:

okay before I read anymore I did wagomics and a few ISO this morning which I will get around to posting.

i did ISO on Ted and I'm a little annoyed he is gone but I wonder was he onto something or maybe he did stink of wolf. I'm sorry to see a new player go on the first day!!!

Do we know was he a munch or vig shot - the same wording right?

I'll add a Barney interaction for my list of jobs for the day

ISO Ted

Declares in first post - okay odd
    says he did it because Necro did - believeable
    Joke - or struggling for reasons - inclined to think joke
    I didn't spot how funny Ted is yesterday. "going by the gospel according to tusk" - this has made my morning!
    Actually in this same post - he's throwing serious shade on everyone - hmmm can I get some thoughts on this post?
    Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Going by the gospel according to tusk:

Tusk, necro, Ted, Electric Nitwit.

Not me for definite, only way he'd know is if he was one.

Actually 4.

G&R, Barney92, ish, Baggley.

Clarabel & Huffman are wolves.

Hardly throwing team-mates under the bus already.

More fluff and I'm confused chats

this is a great point actually - makes me feel villagey for Ted
    Ted_YNWA wrote:
    Tusk had finger pointed at him at being a potential wolf.

Then says please don't shoot anyone.

If I was a cynical person ...

stays with tusk and gnr, questions - feels village, but then suddenly moves to Necro for using the word potentially- what's that about?

Then a switch to Baggly - we find out about a lesson in tree shaking

Posts about a FFA pattern - I really like this post - massive village vibe here

Bit of flip-flopping but overall coming across as a newbie with nothing to hide - carry on investigating!

Your habit of quoting and replying to yourself is very disconcerting :pac:

I post to quickly and then need to say more. When you are doing ISO - posts that are not connected to each other are VERY ANNOYING! So I am doing it to help other people who do ISO.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

Tusk before I go deep into ISO mode can you give me a brief synopsis of your notes so far?

You've referenced them a few times but I'd like to see what you've taken from the thread

Just popped back on and saw this, so i'll reply before having caught up.

I actually only had early notes, then I completely went back to normal and forgot to continue taking them. I've added my other thoughts just now so they are complete to a degree.

Skunk very few posts. Could be a wolfy tactic. Specifically comes out and says she wouldn't do that as it's not fair. Could be a bluff
    Ted Early posts for first game - villagery. Would have been in their backroom getting tips from buds if wolves. Seeming a bit wolfy with his clara and huffman post. Explained this with his understanding of my '3 new posters' post.
    Osh Early posts for first game - villagery. Would have been in their backroom getting tips from buds if wolves - If there's a wolf in the newbs, it is osh.
    Necro first out of the door with Villager, welcomes new players, seemed disingenuous. Seems to be playing differently. No gifs. seems very relaxed. Keeps bringing the conversation back to me based on little stuff that most people have already gotten past.
    G&R First FFA? taking it easy after he was caught out last game. Could be a wolf with a new strategy. I have very little read right now.
    Barney I was afraid barno was laying low under the radar so he was going to be one of my targets for today's investigations. I'm kinda glad he got hit because that's answered my question.
    Baggly appathetic - trying to talk, but not really giving anything? Thought he was the most wolfy for this day 1. Obvs I was wrong. FWIW, my vote on baggly was quite late. I think I mentioned on thread when it was, so assume everyone else who jumped on him was later than me.
    Clara Seems overly defensive. Doing some work collating ffas - could be villagy. I think she was drunk still yesterday, so I'm interested to see how she plays today.
    Nitwit Definite Villager! Early posts for first game - villagery. Would have been in their backroom getting tips from buds if wolves. I wrote this very early. I still think he's village, but not as much as i did yesterday. I will be keeping an eye out.

FFA2 for early reference:
    Necro
    Skunk
    Osh
    Clara

G&R as a wolf who completely fooled me last game, I will be paying specific attention to .

Person Status d0 8pm D1 start/D0 Total d0 8pm to lynch
    tusk 82 99 17
    Necro 68 89 21
    Clarabel 44 57 13
    Barney92 Village 23 26 3
    Electric Nitwit 19 24 5
    Ted_YNWA Village 18 25 7
    Baggly Village 18 22 4
    Green&Red 13 23 10
    osh 13 15 2
    LadySkunk 1 6 5

tusk wrote: »
    Clara Seems overly defensive. Doing some work collating ffas - could be villagy. I think she was drunk still yesterday, so I'm interested to see how she plays today.

Necro
    Skunk
    Osh
    Clara

Overly defensive? You said putting me on your FFA yesterday was for the craic you mad yoke! Do you have an overly defensive post example?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭LadySkunk

tusk wrote: »
    Just popped back on and saw this, so i'll reply before having caught up.

I actually only had early notes, then I completely went back to normal and forgot to continue taking them. I've added my other thoughts just now so they are complete to a degree.

Skunk very few posts. Could be a wolfy tactic. Specifically comes out and says she wouldn't do that as it's not fair. Could be a bluff
    Ted Early posts for first game - villagery. Would have been in their backroom getting tips from buds if wolves. Seeming a bit wolfy with his clara and huffman post. Explained this with his understanding of my '3 new posters' post.
    Osh Early posts for first game - villagery. Would have been in their backroom getting tips from buds if wolves - If there's a wolf in the newbs, it is osh.
    Necro first out of the door with Villager, welcomes new players, seemed disingenuous. Seems to be playing differently. No gifs. seems very relaxed. Keeps bringing the conversation back to me based on little stuff that most people have already gotten past.
    G&R First FFA? taking it easy after he was caught out last game. Could be a wolf with a new strategy. I have very little read right now.
    Barney I was afraid barno was laying low under the radar so he was going to be one of my targets for today's investigations. I'm kinda glad he got hit because that's answered my question.
    Baggly appathetic - trying to talk, but not really giving anything? Thought he was the most wolfy for this day 1. Obvs I was wrong. FWIW, my vote on baggly was quite late. I think I mentioned on thread when it was, so assume everyone else who jumped on him was later than me.
    Nitwit Definite Villager! Early posts for first game - villagery. Would have been in their backroom getting tips from buds if wolves. I wrote this very early. I still think he's village, but not as much as i did yesterday. I will be keeping an eye out.

Necro
    Skunk
    Osh
    Clara

G&R as a wolf who completely fooled me last game, I will be paying specific attention to .

Tusk I would never bluff on this topic. I don’t think it’s fair nor do I think it’s any fun when wolves hide and don’t post anything. I was in work when the game started and didn’t read the OP properly, that’s on me yes but I’m not a wolf because of it

• Registered Users Posts: 10,945 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

But why?
    Baggly was the only one really going at you, it is convenient for you he's gone

Necro, did this slip through the net or are you avoiding it?

• Advertisement

Necro wrote:
    Like I'm trying to see who wolf!tusk is teamed with...

So Baggly, myself and GnR are out, we've all pushed fairly hard on you already Ted and EN, if you're a wolf then you're bussing them right out the gate with your wolf in first four posters, just can't see it. Clara... like maybe. Don't see it though. If I squint hard I can see maybe Barney but eh... it's a stretch.

That leaves.... osh... I mean it's possible.

Or the person who hasn't posted yet, LadySkunk.

So I'm not feeling you as a wolf right now despite my inclinations from your posting

Ok so I wanted to go back to this and the reasoning I didn't see tusk as a wolf yesterday. Probably too early for associative reads then but now....

So Baggly is dead and a villager.
    I know I'm good so not teamed with wolf!tusk
    Barney and Ted, dead. No team there naturally.

I'm wondering did I maybe dismiss GnR too easily as being on the same team as tusk yesterday. His early posts were pretty focused on tusk and thankanomics but it's also an easy way of shading a wolf buddy and withdrawing from said shade at a later point. Given GnR then voted Clara for (IMO) spurious reasoning I can definitely see this as soft distancing, if in fact tusk is a wolf.

Clara and tusk were too jokey on thread imo to see them as a wolf team, so I want to rule that one out.

Again if EN is wolf with tusk then he's bussing them right out the gate and I dont think tusk does that to a wolf buddy, particularly a new player.

tusk called Skunk a wolf yesterday yet voted Baggly, strange behaviour, possible distancing? Another potential team mate.

The only other person alive is osh who seemed to be voting tusk up until late on then switched to Baggly (and I get his reasoning tbf) I mean, maybe. But unlikely.

So if tusk is wolf his likely team mates would be

GnR
    Skunk
    osh

EN
    Clarabel

Advertisement