Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WereWolf: A 10 player Vigilante game.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

LadySkunk wrote: »
    Tusk I would never bluff on this topic. I don’t think it’s fair nor do I think it’s any fun when wolves hide and don’t post anything. I was in work when the game started and didn’t read the OP properly, that’s on me yes but I’m not a wolf because of it

I take your points and believe they are genuine as I thought that's what had happened before you explained last night. There's just not enough to go on for you right now...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,530 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Necro, did this slip through the net or are you avoiding it?

Sorry EN, must have missed it. Basically I was hoping to draw the wolf munch, obviously didn't work :(

Clarabel wrote: »
    Overly defensive? You said putting me on your FFA yesterday was for the craic you mad yoke! Do you have an overly defensive post example?

I need to get back to work. I'll try find some in a bit.

Yesterday I had you down as I wanted to see your reaction. I can't read you and I'm worried you're pocketing me with your villagery work.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭Clarabel

Votee Voted by Notes
    Baggly tusk, Clarabel, osh, Electric Nitwit, Necro tusk voted frst, it's hard not to meta but he often does, so I am not reading much into this. I actually think that I should have been the first vote on this but wasn;t sure if my vote counted since I was signed in with previous password, so I voted again. The mid bandwagon are wolf potential (I just don't know how I buy this as a philosophy of WW hunting), but it's a rule as taught so it's a comment I'll state.
    Clarabel Green&Red, LadySkunk The vote from GnR is odd for me, he had a real reason for tusk and a flimsy reason for Necro and then voted for me which was the most pathetic of reasons. It feels like he might be struggling to find reasons on FFA and voting to avoid a bandwagon
    Green&Red Barney92, Ted_YNWA Both votes from people on FFA, not sure there is much to be said here. Updated after lynch, well this doesn't look good at all
    tusk Baggly tusk is lining this up brilliantly for when he is a wolf. Long Game strategy

What do you mean disingenuous, as in I dont really welcome new players tusk? That's a bit bizarre tbh.

Anyways, reminder folks that majority voting is in place so don't vote until the last hour or so if you can at all help it, we need the full day to work things out

• Advertisement

tusk wrote: »
    I need to get back to work. I'll try find some in a bit.

Yesterday I had you down as I wanted to see your reaction. I can't read you and I'm worried you're pocketing me with your villagery work.

This is the same amount of work I've done the last few games. I've a few more things I want to do and then I need to go out so I'll be gone for most of the day.

Necro wrote: »
    What do you mean disingenuous, as in I dont really welcome new players tusk? That's a bit bizarre tbh.

Anyways, reminder folks that majority voting is in place so don't vote until the last hour or so if you can at all help it, we need the full day to work things out

No not at all. Of course I believe you would welcome new players!

I just believe that you used it as a way to make yourself seem friendly and non-wolfy. That's how it came across to me.

Votee Voted by Notes
    Baggly tusk, Clarabel, osh, Electric Nitwit, Necro tusk voted frst, it's hard not to meta but he often does, so I am not reading much into this. I actually think that I should have been the first vote on this but wasn;t sure if my vote counted since I was signed in with previous password, so I voted again. The mid bandwagon are wolf potential (I just don't know how I buy this as a philosophy of WW hunting), but it's a rule as taught so it's a comment I'll state.
    Clarabel Green&Red, LadySkunk The vote from GnR is odd for me, he had a real reason for tusk and a flimsy reason for Necro and then voted for me which was the most pathetic of reasons. It feels like he might be struggling to find reasons on FFA and voting to avoid a bandwagon
    Green&Red Barney92, Ted_YNWA Both votes from people on FFA, not sure there is much to be said here. Updated after lynch, well this doesn't look good at all
    tusk Baggly tusk is lining this up brilliantly for when he is a wolf. Long Game strategy

I'm with you on the wagonomics ruels. I don't get it and I don't have any experience of it working well.

On your last line, can you explain, i don't get what you mean? are you calling me a wolf because I voted for baggly who flipped villager?

Ok so I wanted to go back to this and the reasoning I didn't see tusk as a wolf yesterday. Probably too early for associative reads then but now....

So Baggly is dead and a villager.
    I know I'm good so not teamed with wolf!tusk
    Barney and Ted, dead. No team there naturally.

I'm wondering did I maybe dismiss GnR too easily as being on the same team as tusk yesterday. His early posts were pretty focused on tusk and thankanomics but it's also an easy way of shading a wolf buddy and withdrawing from said shade at a later point. Given GnR then voted Clara for (IMO) spurious reasoning I can definitely see this as soft distancing, if in fact tusk is a wolf.

Clara and tusk were too jokey on thread imo to see them as a wolf team, so I want to rule that one out.

Again if EN is wolf with tusk then he's bussing them right out the gate and I dont think tusk does that to a wolf buddy, particularly a new player.

tusk called Skunk a wolf yesterday yet voted Baggly, strange behaviour, possible distancing? Another potential team mate.

The only other person alive is osh who seemed to be voting tusk up until late on then switched to Baggly (and I get his reasoning tbf) I mean, maybe. But unlikely.

So if tusk is wolf his likely team mates would be

GnR
    Skunk
    osh

EN
    Clarabel

Look I know this stuff has to be done, but you are currently so focussed on me that if you are a villager, you are making a mistake.

I'm not a wolf, so you're wasting your time trying to find a teammate that doesn't exist.

Take me out of your mind for a few minutes and look elsewhere and see what you come up with. There's still two wolves left, and if you're a villager, then its between the 5 remaining that aren't you and me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,007 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

I've gone back through Barney's last few posts, they are quite focused on GnR, and that was his vote
    Barney92 wrote: »
    But that sort of backs up my reasoning. I don't like any of the FFA at all. So I've only got one person on my FFA now.

#FFA1
    Green and Red - really, really dislike all of their FFA
    Barney92 wrote: »
    Tusk? I'm conflicted here. Green seems to be trying to blend in by doing an FFA and having three people with reasons. Tusk however it making himself stand out. I buy Green being a wolf more than tusk at the moment anyway. Although I'd be surprised if tusk lasts the distance. Seems a prime candidate for a shot or lynching really.

I'll try Ted's too...

• Advertisement

Ok now I really have to get something done, so i can acutally pump some useful time into this later.

w.out

Vig will know and that will help streamline their thinking anyways. Doubt there'll be full clarification on that point tbh.

So one or two in 5? Maybe. I know I'm good so that leaves tusk, EN, Clara and osh.

I'm like pretty confident EN is town so you reckon there still might be two in Clara, osh and tusk?

Why EN town? I'll post his ISO shortly, he has me feeling a bit weary, only a bit now mind you

Also, I'd like to get reactions from everyone to my reads list please, for when I'm back, if people wouldn't mind. Thanks Clara and Necro for yours on yourselves, but can you audit the other reads too ples.

tusk wrote:
    I just believe that you used it as a way to make yourself seem friendly and non-wolfy. That's how it came across to me.

Or... I'm just friendly and not a wolf??

Anyways I'm gonna have a look at our new players still with us, don't wanna let them slide under the radar simply cos they're new, and I wanna cover all bases in the event people decide to lynch me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭osh

Also, I'd like to get reactions from everyone to my reads list please, for when I'm back, if people wouldn't mind. Thanks Clara and Necro for yours on yourselves, but can you audit the other reads too ples.

I'll respond in a while. Got some work to do here myself before lunch.

Ted FFA'd GnR, Necro and Tusk
    Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    G&R - based on #267 comments
    Necro - can't find the post now, but there was one that sounded a bit off
    Tusk - still can't fully shake off the initial posting about there being an early wolf at start of thread.

But then turned his attention on Baggly...
    I had a quick look back at Baggly's 18 posts & 4 of them are direct finger pointing at someone.

Seems a bit high, and getting close to the deadline to be adding another conundrum to the mix.

Who he thought might be teaming up with GnR (but it's a leap)
    Don't know if you can read much into it.

Baggly FFA

1 Tusk

3 G&R

G&R FFA

1 Tusk

3 Baggly

Or am I seeing patterns where there isn't any.

Guess the last one inadvertently highlights others focus on Tusk

I'm getting nothing there to be honest

Green&Red wrote: »

Clarabel - I'd be leaning wolf

any reason you care to share? Yesterday was cause of my fat finger typing message...which was a bit meh for me.

ISO for EN

I thought it odd that EN thanked the death notice of a fallen villager.
    I'm not actually sure how to go back and do thank analysis a la GnR style

Opens with newbie questions and some funnies, plus GIF - someone is gonna be very happy we have more GOF players

Then moves onto mechanic questions

Looking forward to first lynch and then thanks SkEith for killing a villager - ah here

I didn't take quotes for him, but I have a slight wolf lean, this morning I'm feeling more village

• Registered Users Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭LadySkunk

Guys just to touch on wagonomics because it was mentioned.

I’m not a pro by any means but it does help finding wolves. Tusk look the the last anon game, Steve was in every single wagon there was. Wolves hide in big numbers because it’s easier to explain away, you can use other people’s reasoning and they’ll trust you for thinking the same.

When there’s a few lunches you can look back and see who was good and who was bad and what way they interacted with others on thread.

It’s something that’s definitely worth doing alongside questioning people and gauging reactions.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Clara Seems overly defensive. Doing some work collating ffas - could be villagy. I think she was drunk still yesterday, so I'm interested to see how she plays today.

FFA2 for early reference:
    Necro
    Skunk
    Osh
    Clara

Overly defensive? You said putting me on your FFA yesterday was for the craic you mad yoke! Do you have an overly defensive post example?

LOL!!

• Advertisement

Why EN town? I'll post his ISO shortly, he has me feeling a bit weary, only a bit now mind you

I'm guessing you'll see a shift, yesterday I really was feeling pretty clueless so I don't any of my posts have much substance to be honest. Hopefully they will today. I get the change might be suspicious but I'm villager, just aiming to switch from passive to active

ISO for EN

I thought it odd that EN thanked the death notice of a fallen villager.
    I'm not actually sure how to go back and do thank analysis a la GnR style

Opens with newbie questions and some funnies, plus GIF - someone is gonna be very happy we have more GOF players

Then moves onto mechanic questions

Looking forward to first lynch and then thanks SkEith for killing a villager - ah here

I didn't take quotes for him, but I have a slight wolf lean, this morning I'm feeling more village

Crossed messages there Clara, I posted my previous post without seeing this

I thanked sKeith just because he's running the game without getting to play. Seems a thankless task to me but I'm glad he's doing it. As much as I hate this, I'm enjoying it!

Necro, did this slip through the net or are you avoiding it?

Sorry EN, must have missed it. Basically I was hoping to draw the wolf munch, obviously didn't work :(

EN, I completely forgot about that, the fake “I’m the vig” post. Necro you are so wolfy. I’ve no doubt you would have gotten Baggly if he lived but not as the vig

Well either I'm ****ing GREAT at my job or I need to be sacked, because that work i needed to do I thought would take over an hour and actually took about 8 minutes hahaha

Crossed messages there Clara, I posted my previous post without seeing this

I thanked sKeith just because he's running the game without getting to play. Seems a thankless task to me but I'm glad he's doing it. As much as I hate this, I'm enjoying it!

FWIW i don't have a problem with this. Especially for new players who haven't learned that every single thank gets scrutinised.

I also thanked a lot of 'bad news' in my earlier games.

I'm with you on the wagonomics ruels. I don't get it and I don't have any experience of it working well.

On your last line, can you explain, i don't get what you mean? are you calling me a wolf because I voted for baggly who flipped villager?

no the opposite! I don't think you are a wolf. But I think this wolfy play that you have going on at the start of every game, where people say you're a wolf and then no one votes you. Well it's gonna be excellent for when you are a wolf. So you're playing a long game, over many games

LadySkunk wrote: »
    Guys just to touch on wagonomics because it was mentioned.

I’m not a pro by any means but it does help finding wolves. Tusk look the the last anon game, Steve was in every single wagon there was. Wolves hide in big numbers because it’s easier to explain away, you can use other people’s reasoning and they’ll trust you for thinking the same.

When there’s a few lunches you can look back and see who was good and who was bad and what way they interacted with others on thread.

It’s something that’s definitely worth doing alongside questioning people and gauging reactions.

Yep, very fair. Just from my own point of view, I think it can be detrimental too. And I don't know the ins and outs of it, so I'll just be steering clear of it, unless someone else flags something serious.

Votee Voted by Notes

On my voting for you, I didn’t vote for Tusk because his posting was very similar to the last game, he wasn’t a wolf then.
    Baggly didn’t get my vote because he said previously he wouldn’t bus a teammate.
    That left you and your copy and paste effort. I believe your excuse about the phone being broken but it’s the content of the post that I’m talking about, it suggested you were copying and pasting. Only one reason to do that

So I had a look through EN's posts. A lot of questions re: technical terms and phrases, standard fare for a newbie really.

Couple of questions when you get a chance though EN.

I noticed you FFAed tusk and Barney but ended up voting Baggly. Mind if I ask why the switch?

Also there was a comment around lynch time that gave me the heebie jeebies, you were excited about your first lynching. Probably reading too much into it but when you voted you said you felt guilty which kind of conflicts with your excitement post.

Other than that there's not too much else, though I'm interested in seeing where your FFA goes today with your two suspects now dead and shown as villagers.

• Advertisement

Green&Red wrote: »
    EN, I completely forgot about that, the fake “I’m the vig” post. Necro you are so wolfy. I’ve no doubt you would have gotten Baggly if he lived but not as the vig

I think that almost comes across as hoping one of the newbies is the vigilante and hoping that'll make them go for Baggly if the lynch doesn't get him

As an aside, on the fake vig thing. What do you think this meant...?
    Baggly wrote: »
    Well im obviously not the vig then.

Advertisement