Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WereWolf: A 10 player Vigilante game.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

Necro wrote: »
    Tusk why are you putting yourself as wolfy :pac:

This is not good for my twitchiness

Because I'm collating village vibes. People have flagged me as wolfy.

I'm painting a picture of where the village is right now, whether I'm wolfy or not is irrelevant to me painting an accurate picture.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,422 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

tusk wrote:
    So, if a wagon is intact, it's likely theres a wolf there?

Yeah, basically.
    tusk wrote:
    Why is that? because there's more people for them to hide in?

Well particularly in the Baggly voters, there's five on that wagon. So even if both wolves are there, three villagers are giving them ample cover

• Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭osh

Haven't caught up on all latest posts yet, but I won't be doing the majority vote thing anyway. We need as much time as possible between lynches.

Sorry what's a wagon, and wagonomics?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭Clarabel

Of course it can, you had two votes on you, you voted on the main wagon.

That being said given your wagon is still intact I dont think it's the case, but for full and clear analysis all possibilities need to be explored

Learning: But the analysis is saying that the reason I potentially voted on the main wagon is for self pres. I don't think that can be used as a reason since it's a circumstantial action.
    I actually think that clears me more than just voting bags, but I want to understand more about waganomics

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,422 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

osh wrote:
    Sorry what's a wagon, and wagonomics?

Wagon = voters on a particular person

Wagonomics = the analysis of voting data.

The latter becomes more relevant as the game progresses, and especially if a wolf is lynched/shot

tusk wrote: »
    Because I'm collating village vibes. People have flagged me as wolfy.

I'm painting a picture of where the village is right now, whether I'm wolfy or not is irrelevant to me painting an accurate picture.

See tusk gets it, give a objective view of the world

Clarabel wrote:
    Learning: But the analysis is saying that the reason I potentially voted on the main wagon is for self pres. I don't think that can be used as a reason since it's a circumstantial action. I actually think that clears me more than just voting bags, but I want to understand more about waganomics

Yeah and if you purely look at the data it would look like a self press which is why you then bring in context, ie; what the general feeling on thread was, what vibes the other wagons give off etc.

So basically I include it for full analysis but then if you read further I go on to say that because your own wagon is still intact it's more likely you are a villager

Clarabel wrote:
    See tusk gets it, give a objective view of the world

That's not objective if you're a villager its just confusing things.

Why? Because it is impossible to give an unbiased account of your own actions

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Tusk had finger pointed at him at being a potential wolf.

Then says please don't shoot anyone.

If I was a cynical person ...

tusk what do you think about this post? I can;t help coming back to it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,946 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Re: the Baggly voters and Clara possibly hiding amongst them to save herself. Did we know Baggly was the biggest wagon?

I didn't declare, reading the posts from 2130-2200 the only clear call is Skunk voting for Clara

Re: the Baggly voters and Clara possibly hiding amongst them to save herself. Did we know Baggly was the biggest wagon?

I didn't declare, reading the posts from 2130-2200 the only clear call is Skunk voting for Clara

to be clear - that is save myself from being vote out

that is the point that I was trying to make, it wasn't a self pres vote since I wasn't up for voting off. Necro is saying that the data on it's own makes it look like is potentially could have been.

Clarabel wrote: »
    that is the point that I was trying to make, it wasn't a self pres vote since I wasn't up for voting off. Necro is saying that the data on it's own makes it look like is potentially could have been.

But only if everyone had declared. As it was I wouldn't have known to turn to Baggly for self preservation if I was in that position. But maybe I just didn't pick up on all the pointers

But only if everyone had declared. As it was I wouldn't have known to turn to Baggly for self preservation if I was in that position. But maybe I just didn't pick up on all the pointers

No that brings in context.

Pure raw voting data suggest it might have been a self press.

Include context after that and it looks unlikely, but for a full analysis it needs to be highlighted

Skunk very few posts. Could be a wolfy tactic. Specifically comes out and says she wouldn't do that as it's not fair. Could be a bluff

I'd agree with this so far. Did think she might be hiding to begin with but I accept the explanation she gave for now. As you say could be a bluff.

Ted Early posts for first game - villagery. Would have been in their backroom getting tips from buds if wolves. Seeming a bit wolfy with his clara and huffman post. Explained this with his understanding of my '3 new posters' post.

Seemed villagery to me yesterday. Wasn't on my radar. Think he just got confused at the start thinking Duffman was in the game.
    Osh Early posts for first game - villagery. Would have been in their backroom getting tips from buds if wolves - If there's a wolf in the newbs, it is osh.

Given Ted was a villager and you seem to think EN is too, I get what you're saying here. But I'm a villager too. My inclination would be that all us newbs were villagers.

Necro first out of the door with Villager, welcomes new players, seemed disingenuous. Seems to be playing differently. No gifs. seems very relaxed. Keeps bringing the conversation back to me based on little stuff that most people have already gotten past.

The welcome didn't seem disingenous to me. No gifs as he's posting from mobile I think he said. Didn't like he seemed to think the vig using his powers on first day was a good idea. I'm going to have to go back through his posts later. Not cleared in my book yet.

G&R First FFA? taking it easy after he was caught out last game. Could be a wolf with a new strategy. I have very little read right now.

Not sure why he switched to Baggly after a heavy early lean on you. Did he give reasons for switching yet?

Barney I was afraid barno was laying low under the radar so he was going to be one of my targets for today's investigations. I'm kinda glad he got hit because that's answered my question.

Not much to say here. Didn't have a huge amount on Barney myself yesterday.
    Baggly appathetic - trying to talk, but not really giving anything? Thought he was the most wolfy for this day 1. Obvs I was wrong. FWIW, my vote on baggly was quite late. I think I mentioned on thread when it was, so assume everyone else who jumped on him was later than me.

This was my inkling too, and why I switched to him from yourself as my main wolf suspect. I voted late enough but that was always my intention.
    Clara Seems overly defensive. Doing some work collating ffas - could be villagy. I think she was drunk still yesterday, so I'm interested to see how she plays today.

Don't have a huge amount of info on Clara either. The collating of FFAs does seem useful for the village in spotting trends. Agree with seeing how things pan out today.
    Nitwit Definite Villager! Early posts for first game - villagery. Would have been in their backroom getting tips from buds if wolves. I wrote this very early. I still think he's village, but not as much as i did yesterday. I will be keeping an eye out.

I don't read much into EN's thank of the lynch post. Think like me he's just excited to be playing. Seems a possible villager to me.

Just to add, haven't caught up on the latest few pages yet so will try and get through them soon, and see if I can get more info.

No that brings in context.

Pure raw voting data suggest it might have been a self press.

Include context after that and it looks unlikely, but for a full analysis it needs to be highlighted

Okey-dokey

Sorry, I was probably reading it as being accusational rather than just a discussion point

Sorry, I was probably reading it as being accusational rather than just a discussion point

No I'm glad it's being discussed, but Clara is uber focused on that point, it's very nitpicky tbh.

If you read the full post I go on to explain it a bit more.

But as a TLDR imo at the moment:

One wolf in Skunk/GnR

One wolf in tusk, osh and yourself.

oh you'll know when you are about to be lynched. It's the next step in the addiction

osh

We have an experienced newbie! - played Avalon....

I didn't get the dentist joke yesterday and still don't get it
    Lots of mechanical questions - interesting that he's against maj voting right from the get go - but I htink tusk had explained his reasons before

Get the mechanical things well - asking vig not to shoot if they don't have target

Asking good questions
    Give reasons for FFA
    Vote close to 10pm

Would be good to see posts about her views (you didn't answer my question)

Not seeing anything wolfy here at all. Probably out of newbies more village than EN, but EN still village lean.

• Advertisement

Hah I have played Avalon, but its actually appears to be a very different game to werewolf even though both are hidden role games. So I definitely wouldn't call myself experienced. it's also hugely different when you're playing a hidden role game in RL, lots of reads you can get from body language etc, whereas with this you're relying solely on posts. And it's preety hard to keep up with all the posts, while still trying to get work done!

Dentist joke (2:30 - tooth hurty :D )

I do play lots of games so some basic strategies seem simple enough to me. Like that the village needs as much time as possible to get info, so the longer the time between lynches the better. That's why I'm against the majority voting. Likewise with the vig, I've already explained my thoughts, but it just seems to me that without good info, it's basic odds that you're more likely to hit a villager.

Also not sure if you;'re asking about my=e when you say "her" views, but I'm a guy btw.

No I'm glad it's being discussed, but Clara is uber focused on that point, it's very nitpicky tbh.

If you read the full post I go on to explain it a bit more.

But as a TLDR imo at the moment:

One wolf in Skunk/GnR

One wolf in tusk, osh and yourself.

Regarding the bold not, that depends heavily on whether you believe Skunk here...
    LadySkunk wrote: »
    Clarabel I owe you an apology by the way! When I read back over everything I realised you didn’t have me first on your FFA, I was looking at the table you made and was on mobile so just saw my name up the top. My brain was frazzled trying to figure it out but on looking back I don’t think you’re wolfy

But we know you're on GnR

At the moment I feel one of you and GnR is right, and the other is wolf. I'm leaning to you being wolf as I still don't like your Vig threat to Baggly or the explanation

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

ISO of Necro (Edit: Day 0 - I'll try and return later)
    Lots of jokey enough posts at the start mainly with Barney and Baggly
    Follows up with a few posts about Tusk, fairly floaty
    I'm not suggesting we jump on it or anything I'm just interested in if it was a perspective slip or something like that.

Fair about the thanks though, it's something I dont pay much attention to tbh.

Makes a solid point about the vig followed by more stuff about Tusk
    But what info are we going to garner by the vig holstering/not shooting? Theres no other roles in this game so the vig literally has to act as our seer in clearing a player through shooting them.

Then a read of everyone, good to have that down
    Ok so who we got here...

1. LadySkunk - yet to post
    2. Ted_YNWA - new, couple of strange posts maybe worth noting. Went through a few posts of tusk's
    3. osh - new, getting to grips with game, mainly mechanical questions. Happy enough so far he's trying to find his feet.
    4. Necro - super village
    5. Green&Red - couple of posts mainly re: tusk and thankanomics. Nothing too much to go on right now.
    6. Barney92 - mainly interacted with Necro re: alignment and tusk. Unsure atm.
    7. tusk - erratic, clearing posters that he stated there may be a wolf between earlier leaving only himself and myself. I'm good so.... possible perspective slip? Top poster, thing is I'm not seeing who his teammate is as he's quite scatter gun and has picked up some heat. Hard to know.
    8. Baggly - tusk focused, missed the part about vig shooting at night in OP. Nothing really of note so far tbh.
    9. Clarabel - thinks the vig is an SK, corrected by tusk. Had a weird post as well, claims it was their purse posting. Unsure what way to lean thus far.
    10. Electric Nitwit - new, also asking question. Enjoyed their witty answer to my early joke. Happy enough here for now at least.

In summary.... there's feck all to go on atm. Need more involvement and interactions between players.

Gun to head right now I'd say tusk is the wolfiest but it's hard to gauge who would be teamed with him as he's taking flak from a couple of sides with no real pushback.

Then goes onto try and pick out Tusks partner. After saying in the previous post that there wasnt a lot to go on I don't like that you'd use that info to then try and make a team. Its planting ideas that you can go back to later, although that seed is probably only useful if you're a teammate of Tusk's, so not that likely (See I'm being objective!)
    Like I'm trying to see who wolf!tusk is teamed with...

So Baggly, myself and GnR are out, we've all pushed fairly hard on you already
    Ted and EN, if you're a wolf then you're bussing them right out the gate with your wolf in first four posters, just can't see it.
    Clara... like maybe. Don't see it though.
    If I squint hard I can see maybe Barney but eh... it's a stretch.

That leaves.... osh... I mean it's possible.

Or the person who hasn't posted yet, LadySkunk.

So I'm not feeling you as a wolf right now despite my inclinations from your posting

What follows is a very strange post and directly conflicts his earlier opinion on the vig,Necro care to explain?
    But what info are we going to garner by the vig holstering/not shooting? Theres no other roles in this game so the vig literally has to act as our seer in clearing a player through shooting them.
    Like its a complete 180
    It also narrows the pool for wolves to hide in. There's pros and cons to shooting each night but I'd be firing if I was the vig tbh.

Comes to FFA, has moved off Tusk but accuses Baggly of focussing on Tusk which is ironic
    Anyways...

#FFA1
    Baggly - heavy focus on tusk, not really any other contribution so far. Need more.
    Barney92 - I find the whole Clara thing a bit odd tbh. Also not really engaging with anyone on thread unless pushed.
    Not giving a third as there's only two wolves, but tusk would be there if people's OCD is acting up

A lot of posts about game mechanics follow, then a post I really dislike, the having a conversation on thread with yourself. I probably just noticed it because I was mentioned but I still dont like it
    Bah, you've swayed me with your somewhat convincing points on GnR. I remain interested in a rebuttal from him though.

Lots of back and forth about FFAs, followed by a more convincing defence
    Meh at least there's stuff out in the open that you can defend from. I'm being FFAed for:

Baggly (no reason really given)
    Tusk (notes say potential wolf, no follow up)
    Ted (posts seem off, at least I can respond to this)

You can see why I'm a little frustrated!

Defends Skunk, should be noted if either turns red, subtly done
    I don't get the Skunk thing right now, I can see myself MAYBE getting suss if it continues tomorrow but she literally posted once.

Back onto me, questioning that Baggly and Tusk couldn't be on the same team, could always be the case when Ive FFA'd three people
    I did FFA him ironically, but what's the play here re: Baggly/tusk? You think a possible bus? I just dont see them as team mates which is why I found it weird.

More on thread procrastination, maybe this is just your style?
    I'm gonna have to vote soon as I'm getting angry looks across the table.

tusk or Baggly I'm leaning right now, but I'm genuinely not confident on either at all at the moment.

I'm more ok with GnR's responses than I am tusk's at the moment, and Baggly is giving me nothing to work with :/

More fluff interactions, banal is probably a better description, you're engaging on thread rather than posting nothingness

Finally the fake, ham-fisted vig claim,Stevie Wonder actually dropped by after his gig last nite and commented that he could see this was a fake vig claim
    Wolf. Vig will shoot you if you survive the lynch, I'd put my house on that ;)

Theres a few things I really dont like but some of that might be down to your style but I dont remember thinking them in other games. I'd be happy to leave you alone for today ONCE you explain the vig 180? Which is sooooo bizarre that its almost TWTBAW. Like its a fundamental of how one plays the game, something you're likely to have a strong opinion on from a long time before this game. A 180 like that is almost impossible to comprehend

At the moment I feel one of you and GnR is right, and the other is wolf. I'm leaning to you being wolf as I still don't like your Vig threat to Baggly or the explanation

Fair enough I guess, just don't maj me. But I'll try again.

So sometimes we creatures known as villagery villagers want to provide protection to our roled friends such as seers, or in this case the vigilante.

We say things like that in an attempt to draw the munch away from the actual roled player.

Or, I could actually be the vigilante and I dont want to say it outright.

Either way I'm a villager, but at least if you folks are going to lynch me do it tonight not right now, thanks :)

Fair enough I guess, just don't maj me. But I'll try again.

So sometimes we creatures known as villagery villagers want to provide protection to our roled friends such as seers, or in this case the vigilante.

We say things like that in an attempt to draw the munch away from the actual roled player.

Or, I could actually be the vigilante and I dont want to say it outright.

Either way I'm a villager, but at least if you folks are going to lynch me do it tonight not right now, thanks :)

I won't vote until very late, no matter how sure I am (and I'm not!)

Quick technical question, does the vig kill last night mean they're still alive? What's the timing?

For example, could Ted have killed Barney, then the wolves got Ted? (or vice versa)

I'm not seeing the contradiction GnR, I'm sorry. You've quoted the same post twice which might be adding to my confusion.

But I'll try I guess;

The vig shooting gives us info which is vital.

There is a con to that as obviously if they're wrong it reduces the village numbers.

But in doing that, it removes a hiding place for a wolf ie: your wagon was entirely obliterated this morning.

Quick technical question, does the vig kill last night mean they're still alive? What's the timing?

Vig has not died, ergo they are still amongst us.

They shoot at night at same time as wolves kill in this game, hence the two kills this morning.

I won't vote until very late, no matter how sure I am (and I'm not!)

For example, could Ted have killed Barney, then the wolves got Ted? (or vice versa)

I think if either Ted or Barney was the vig then they would have been revealed as such when dead.

Still not sure which one was munched and which was shot though.

osh wrote: »
    I think if either Ted or Barney was the vig then they would have been revealed as such when dead.

Still not sure which one was munched and which was shot though.

Oh yeah - both declared vanilla. Ignore me, being stupid

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Clarabel wrote: »
    You and GnR were competing wagons against Baggly, with two votes each respectively

Where were you last night? I was never up for chop, I landed up with a vote from Skunk by mistake which she admited to. The GnR comment over a BR copy and paste which I still think is nosense. That was it. I wasn't in the race , there was no sign I was going to be lynched at all.

I like your game, turn on the person coming at you and pick holes in them. Great village tactic. How about you try defending yourself a little more
    Just catching up, so apologies if these have been answered.
    Clara, you’ve explained how ur phone is having butt dials but you never explained the content, could you please? Why was it saying copy and paste? It leads me to believe you were copying and pasting!!

Advertisement